Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When does your mind reference ponies in an otherwise non-pony statement?

Lunar Guardian

Sorry for the awkward and somewhat difficult-to-understand title. When someone says something not pony related, when do you find yourself thinking of something pony related?

For example, during a break in Drumline practice, the bass drum players were giving names to their drums. One guy named called another guy's drum, Flam, as in the musical note for drums.

Posted Image

But a few seconds later, I thought of this guy:

Posted Image

I had a couple more examples, but I forgot them. Has this happened on anyone else?

Edited by Hamez
  • Brohoof 2

This happens to me ALL THE TIME! Ever since I started watching MLP:FIM everything is now pony related. SOmeone says muffins...I think of Derpy, I go to a Mexican restraunt and someone orders a chimi changa...there should be cherries in it. Its ok though because it always brings a smile to my face. Though that can be a little embarrassing, when I just start smileing for no reason...people look at you weird when you do that.

This happens quite often in school, for example I was looking up music terms for a report and came across a Cadence. I learned there are two types of Cadences, the deceitful Cadence and the good Cadence. Cadences are usually in sync with a Cadenza followed by an Aria....so yeah i reference ponies ALOT.

• Brohoof 1

I think I have found myself comparing non-pony things to them (although this is NOT easy when most of them are NAMED like that :lol: ), but not very much. Pretty much, most of the times twilight comes up, eeyup, Ms. Sparkle comes into attention. I didn't even THINK of the flam thing being a drummer myself...ARGH! Curse you! Now every time I do a flam I'll think of said pony! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Ever since I became a brony MLP is constantly on my mind, and I love it. I go to play my cello at school every morning and I think of Octavia. i listen to my brony techno music, and I think of Vinyl Scratch. I see a rainbow and I think of Rainbow Dash. I really don't have a problem with it being constantly on my mind, it makes me happy. I need that sort of thing in my life, I'm a pessimistic person, and I like having MLP to cheer me up.

• Brohoof 1