mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

I just finished playing GTA V but I'm still completing some extra missions here and there. I also plan on getting Watch Dogs when it eventually comes out. So, those two are the only games I care about right now...

I've also been meaning to complete the Condemned series...

Well, it was the first game. Paper Mario was new and I think they were experimenting with Mario and RPGs (I do know about Super Mario RPG). With the second game, they had it all worked out and improved on it. But, the first game is not so bad once you get used to it. Just takes time. Plus, having Bowser as the villain was nice. I feel Super Paper Mario was "meh". They completely disregarded the RPG elements that were fun in the previous two games and turned it into more of a platformer. I think this was known because in the paper mario game for the 3DS, they went back to the original formula. Smart move.

Yeah, I'm not counting that against it, just saying that it's very noticeable when it's your first time playing after playing the others.

Super Paper Mario got a lot of flak for being more platformer/action RPG than traditional but I liked it (though I still like TTYD more)

I want the 3DS one. I hear it mixes a lot of things from SMRPG and the first two Paper Mario games.

I just finished playing GTA V but I'm still completing some extra missions here and there. I also plan on getting Watch Dogs when it eventually comes out. So, those two are the only games I care about right now...

I've also been meaning to complete the Condemned series...

Watch Dogs looks absolutely amazing. I'm gonna wait to get it on PS4/Xbone (whichever I decide to get) so I can get the best possible experience though.

I'm wondering if I should try to get all the birds and iron pieces in the levels. It shouldn't be too hard cuz the levels are pretty small it's just the actual search for them could be annoying cuz of all the dark.

• Brohoof 2

Speaking of Wolfenstein, I've been playing 3D on my 360 and the new one got my attention. You checked it out yet?

I have, but I'm skeptical about it. The creativity looks like it's there, but I fear it's going to go down the modern route and be all linear. Oh well, at least the regen health system is nerfed derpy_emoticon2.png

I'm actually currently starting to play Dota 2. I had a group of friends who played it, but I only played two matches with them and then got sick of them... (there's a story behind this, I'm not the type who calls guys she was a team with for two rounds "friends" XD)

I'ts a hard game to play ;__;

And I'm so proud that after training with bots for a while I actually got the hand of killing other bots! Wee! (I'm so noobish that I tend to die, and not kill anyone... But last round was 6/6/7, which was a huge leap from the last match XD And yes, I'm playing on easy... but hey, it was my fourth or fifth match ever! D: )

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn. I'm not doing anything too special at the moment trying to jumping back and forth between the main story missions/ dungeons and leveling up goldsmithing. Even the not-so-great runs have been pretty smooth so far. Aside from losing the tank a couple times (oops, blush.png) and the a few party wipes (only against Ifrit though), my run as a healer is progressing nicely.

Finally started playing Mass Effect 3 after marathoning through the first two games and...oh boy. Completely ignoring the ending controversy after the game's initial release (I have the Extended Ending DLC for when I finally get that far), I keep finding things I could rant about for hours and I'm not even trying to find them most of the time! Most of these changes don't even make any sense in universe, I mean yes you carried all four weapons in the first game but you couldn't even use them properly since you were untrained. But now I'm expected to believe an Engineer or Infiltrator is capable of wielding assault rifles and shotguns with the same level of ability as a soldier, when in the first game all they could manage was the pistol and maybe a sniper rifle?  

• 2 weeks later...

Oh geez...I have this issue where I always end up playing far too many games, and I usually end up not finishing any of them. Well, let's see...I'm currently playing...

- Alice: Madness Returns

- Blacklight Retribution

- Dark Souls

- Dragon's Crown

- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

- Guild Wars 2

- Skyrim

- TERA

- Terraria

- Warframe

- World of Warcraft

I'm also waiting on DLC updates for...

- Bioshock Infinite

- Saints Row IV

So, short of having far too many MMOs to play, I'm not doing too bad with the single player games. I've been playing a lot of Terraria lately since the big 1.2 patch just went live recently. Dark Souls, I've beaten many, many times before and only continue to play it because it's so much fun. I'm in no rush to beat Skyrim because the game is so expansive and there is so much to do. I've also beaten Alice before on the 360 but decided to pick it up on PC when I saw it on sale. It's still just as much fun as I remember it being. Admittedly, I've been ignoring Dragon's Crown. My PS3 is up in my bedroom and most of my free time is spent in my office/media room down in the basement. 

Civilization V and it's expansions. Permanently installed on my PC definitely my favourite series. A little DotA2, while not new to MOBAs I haven't played one in ages. Ace Patrol pretty decent, if somewhat bland, turn based game from Firaxis. Plus some Pokemon SoulSilver due to all they hype about X and Y.

the games i play the most ATM gotta be
- Bastion, on new game plus

- Dota2
- LoL

- Kingdom Hearts, as always.. i think ive played that game more then all my games combined..

and ofc Terraria since the new patch is massive is fumbuckets

Beyond: Two Souls. Not surprised by the mixed reviews it's been receiving. Amazing game. Loved Heavy Rain and this is just as good. Disagree with every negative review about it though I guess it's not for everyone.

• Brohoof 1

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness; AKA Super Over-the-top Grindfest: The Game 5, but you know that's the reason why I love it so much wacko.png. I've only sunk around 8 or so hours into it so far, I think, but this is one of those games that has a lot to do; It's a huge grindfest and it doesn't try to hide that fact, nay, it takes pride in being grind heavy. I love Nippon Ichi yay.png

At the moment I have my attention divided up between:

The Basement Collection- A series of Flash games made by the same guy who did Super Meat Boy

World of Goo- A weird puzzle game where you stack little goo balls to reach a pipe that sucks them up. Incredibly fun.

Earthbound- An amazing, quirky RPG that is also my favorite game of all time. I'm currently on my 15th playthrough

Pokemon White 2- I recently bought a 3DS to get into the new Pokemon games, so I've finally started playing the 4th and 5th generations.

Edited by AyoMistadurrk
  • Brohoof 1

-Replaying The Last of Us on Hard+

-Trying to get the rest of the puzzle pieces in DKCR

-Sometimes playing GTA IV and replaying Special Ops: The Line and Bioshock

-Playing the original DKCs

Edited by Orangejack

I've been playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, which got me hooked on that so I ended up getting the rest (except Conviction because I don't have a 360) and so Chaos Theory got here in the mail first so I started playing that, split my time between the two of those AND got sucked back into Minecraft but I got Pokemon X today (and Assasin's Creed 3) but everything is on complete back burner status because of X until further notice.