Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Have a Theory About the Fandom Drama.

FoxyCryptid

http://tvtropes.org/...OfFanJackassery

You see, Tvtropes(bear with me, I know some of you have a irrational hatred of them) lists a Trope called "The Law of Fan Jackassey". To sum it up in a way that applies here:

A small fandom is nicer because you can just alienate the bad seeds.

A mid-sized fandom is harder because it's to big to police itself, yet to small to drown the BS out.

A larger fandom is good because it's in the general public and bad behavior is discouraged just like in the real world.

Now, this fandom is in the middle of finally growing. We've reached that horrid middle ground where everything has become chaos. We're mainstream enough for the average nimrod to jump right in, yet still obscure enough for them to thrive without being outed.

How do we fix this? I know someone of you won't like the answer, but we just have to wait it out and weather the storm. We do need to make it known what we don't condone, but not by fighting, we need to just ignore the harmless morons that make up 90% of the bad part of out fandom.

It'll take awhile but we'll grow out of it. Look at the anime fandom for an example of where that's already happened. It was called freakish for a while, but then it settled in and became normal when the smoke cleared.

Just listen to this song and remember, the sun alway's shines after the storm

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_zwh6IqzLM

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 10

Yeah i agree with you on that. Ofcourse their are gonna still be the morons, but i think things will at least be better latter on. But Trust me... its gonna be a long time before this is considered "normal."

• Brohoof 1

Every fanbase has a vocal minority where the jerks stomp around and make noise that rises above the calmer, nicer majority. That's because that vocal minority draws more attention to itself because it is more noticeable. Like the old journalism/entertainment mantra, if it bleeds, it leads.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe so but I'm growing more sick of people whining about the wackos, than I am of the wackos themselves. Of course the Sonic fanbase and its inceasant drama has desensitized me to any sort of drama over the years, so whatever.

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Brohoof 2

Maybe so but I'm growing more sick of people whining about the wackos, than I am of the wackos themselves. Of course the Sonic fanbase and its inceasant drama has desensitized me to any sort of drama over the years, so whatever.

Exactly. we don't need to be giving them attention they don't deserve, the general public doesn't even know a about most of these people and we need to keep it that way,