Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long have you been in the fandom?

Gourgeist

Since end of October, 2011. I became a Brony almost right after Luna Eclipsed. So, it'll be 3 years come next Halloween.

That's almost exactly the same for me!

(edited)

2 years sometime this month. All thanks to DeathBattle: Star Scream vs Rainbow Dash, Turnabout Storm X MLP & MyLittleBrony.com

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

I've been "a part of the fandom" (although I don't consider myself under any label, and never have) since late April/early May 2011.

• Brohoof 1

I joined the fandom on September 6th, 2013 :D

I was a member of the Ace Attorney fandom before this (still sorta am, just not as interested anymore) and was looking at some Phoenix Wrong videos when I saw a few dudes thrashing a dude with a Fluttershy avatar a couple of weeks before I joined -_- I wondered what the appeal in it was and decided to check it out whenever I got around to it :D

I'm glad I did, though :D MLP has helped me cope with life in ways I thought unimaginable :D Especially Rarity :wub: 

Got in about halfway through Season 2. I think the episode released closest to when I officially jumped on board was the Hearth's Warming episode. Took me another few months to get behind the idea of fan content (especially music) though.

My first brony music track was October 11, 2011. I didn't completely dedicate to making exclusively MLP music until December 2011. Sadly a bit too late tbh as those who were around a few months earlier had a lot more of an advantage then those who came after.

Into MLP since 89', and FIM since 2011. I wouldnt trade my love for parent enriched morals and messages for anything. No amount of internet memes, slander, flavor of the months or anything has ever drawn me away from Ponies. I was born an Equestrian, my love for horses and just understanding them really helped me become who I am, I just get them. Now while A horse is far from a pony and a real pony is far from a candy colored cartoon character, it doesnt change the fact that just a part of me "switchs on" when I hear the MLP theme songs (in all its generations forms).

FIM is special out of the Gens (imo), it speaks more down to earth, more honest and more "brutal" in a fashion. It doesnt pull punchs and more over it doesnt say its sorry. Now take this with a grain of salt if your a new fan, you didnt sit as a 6 year old with your nose pressed to the TV to watch "Glory" at work (sweet celestia i miss her!).

It doesnt MATTER when you joined the fandom, if your an old dude like me who was around for Gen1, or if your a pup just getting your teeth cut in Gen4. WHAT MATTERS, is that your here now, and you are WELCOME!

FOR THE GLORY OF LADY RARITY! HAIL, HAIL, HAIL!....oh and for the rest of the mane6, i guess...ahem.

I first started watching the show in 2011, as season 1 was coming to an end I think.

As to when I "joined the fandom", that would depend on how you define it,