Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

Recently heard about "People live to save themselves, you will understand that at the moment of your death", in the anime Bungou Stray Dogs, I think it's great.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

“Oh, the jobs people work at! Out west near Hawtch-Hawtch there's a Hawtch-Hawtcher bee watcher, his job is to watch. Is to keep both his eyes on the lazy town bee, a bee that is watched will work harder you see. So he watched and he watched, but in spite of his watch that bee didn't work any harder not mawtch. So then somebody said "Our old bee-watching man just isn't bee watching as hard as he can, he ought to be watched by another Hawtch-Hawtcher! The thing that we need is a bee-watcher-watcher!". Well, the bee-watcher-watcher watched the bee-watcher. He didn't watch well so another Hawtch-Hawtcher had to come in as a watch-watcher-watcher! And now all the Hawtchers who live in Hawtch-Hawtch are watching on watch watcher watchering watch, watch watching the watcher who's watching that bee. You're not a Hawtch-Watcher you're lucky you see!”

― Dr. Seuss, Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

"The real problem of humanity is the following: we have Paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions, and god-like technology."

E.O. Wilson

"Remember – hate is always foolish, and love is always wise. Always try to be nice, and never fail to be kind."

The Twelfth Doctor

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

This is my absolute favorite quote ever and the most invaluable and relatable for me too:

"You want the truth, Twilight? Bad things happen. No matter what you do, there's never gonna be a time when everything's perfect. But that don't mean you quit tryin'!" - Applejack

:kindness:

Those who know not, and know not that they know not, are fools.  Shun them.

Those who know not, and know that they know not, are children.  Teach them.

Those who know, and know not that they know, are asleep.  Wake them.

Those who know, and know that they know, are wise.  Follow them.

:fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

“Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering.” ~Yoda

“A word or a smile is often enough to put fresh life in a despondent soul.” ~Ste. Therese of Lisieux

• 2 weeks later...

“Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head!” -Harry Potter

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.” - Yui Ikari

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
(edited)

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.”
-Oscar Wilde

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."
-Groucho Marx

Edited by Silly Druid

“It’s not meant to be catchy, it’s meant to sound like the fucking apocalypse” - Rob Swire.

”And they’ll be one less on this boat, if you don’t shut that hole in your face!” - Titanic.

”I don’t understand any of that” - Jeremy Clarkson.

”Nani sore? Imi wakanai!” - Maki Nishikino.

”Nani?! Kansei dorifto?!” - Keisuke Takahashi.

”Smile you son of a *boom*” - Chief Brody.