Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

This phrase has stuck with me for my entire life, I heard it when I was 5 and remembered it since," it hurts to fall, it hurts even more to not get back up" this phrase means it can suck when life turns to crap, but it cant get any better if you just give up, so don't give up, get back up and show life what for.

thank you for your time, and have a good day

-Atarius Blade

• Brohoof 5

Hello there, @@coopster1101

The section Life Advice is intended for users to seek guidance regarding particularly difficult situations in their lives- while threads giving advice are used to provide more directions toward specific manners. While it is always nice to share a good quote, it would be better suited for a mega thread that exists here on MLP Forums. Thus, I have merged your thread with that one.

“There’s this emperor, and he asks the shepherd’s boy, 'how many seconds in eternity?' And the shepherd’s boy says, ‘There’s this mountain of pure diamond. It takes an hour to climb it, and an hour to go around it. Every hundred years a little bird comes, and sharpens its beak on the diamond mountain. And when the entire mountain is chiseled away, the first second of eternity will have passed.’ You may think that’s a hell of a long time. Personally, I think that’s a hell of a bird.” ~ 12th Doctor, Doctor Who (it's a much more powerful quote in the context of what he was doing while saying this x3;; )

Edited by Blue cheese
  • Brohoof 1

Some of my new favorites are:

“Loneliness is dangerous. It’s addicting. Once you see how peaceful it is, you don’t wanna deal with people.” -don't remember who said it. 

''I said my sword is a tool of justice, not used in anger, not drawn in vengeance. But now, now I'm not sure, and besides, this isn't my sword!'' -Metal Gear Rising

"Lets blow a hole in this wall and run like sons of the bitches" -Payday:The Heist

And last but definitely not least:

"There's a storm coming, and more than rain and thunder. The forces of the Dark Forest are rising... "

and

"Light against dark. This is the end of all things--This is the last sunrise." -Both from Warriors-book series

• 2 weeks later...

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods." -Christopher Hitchens

For some reason I do understand why cats would think like that!  ^_^

“Loneliness is dangerous. It’s addicting. Once you see how peaceful it is, you don’t wanna deal with people.” -don't remember who said it.

Oh dear, this just speaks the truth. Just when I read this, I immediately noticed how I've already got addicted and now I'm not as willing to deal with people. Oh.

"The problem with the kitten is that

eventually, it becomes a cat."

-Ogden Nash

"Well, I've had a wonderful evening, and this wasn't it."

-Groucho Marx

"If all the girls at the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."

-Dorothy Parker

Edited by BlueStreak98

"An optimist would tell you the glass is half-full

a pessimist would tell you it's half-empty.

A scientist would tell you that it's entirely full, otherwise it would be a partial vacuum."

• Brohoof 1

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods." -Christopher Hitchens For some reason I do understand why cats would think like that! ^_^

J.R.R. Tolkien was also a cat person it seems, as suggested by his description of the relationship between Sauron and Shelob.

"His cat he called her, but she owned him not."

"All will be well" - Blue Lanterns

"Could be worse, could be on fire." - Unknown

"I am who I am when I am who I will be." - Unkown

Recently from another thread:
"Coincidences are spiritual puns." -Headline of Blue (the user on this forum)

Edited by The_Gobo
  • Brohoof 1

Here's some funny ones:

"God I'm good at being an owl!"- TF2 Sniper

"They're going to live, until they die!"- Jhin, League of Legends

"I demand a sandwich!"- Twitch, League of Legends

"You pickle-headed drongo!"- TF2 Sniper to the Soldier

"He has control of the Senate and the Courts! He's too dangerous to be kept alive!" - Mace Windu on Donald Trump Chancellor Palpatine

I think I agree with that.

"My powerful potions will give you abilities you've never dreamed of and certainly don't deserve, assuming of course you can afford my modest asking fee. Now don't you go asking me for a potion of gameplay, as even my genius can't rescue this game from its rightful destiny in the bargain bin." ~Cranky Kong - Donkey Kong 64 Instruction Booklet~

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That’s what people remember.
- Grannie Weatherwax

"Chaos always defeats order, because it is better organized."
- Terry Pratchett

"In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."
- Terry Pratchett

Quote_9_Boredom.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter starts middle school tomorrow. We've decorated her locker, bought new uniforms, even surprised her with a new backpack. But tonight just before bed, we did another pre-middle school task that is far more important than the others. I gave her a tube of toothpaste and asked her to squirt it out onto a plate. When she finished, I calmly asked her to put all the toothpaste back in the tube. She began exclaiming things like "But I can't!" and "It won't be like it was before!" I quietly waited for her to finish and then said the following:

"You will remember this plate of toothpaste for the rest of your life. Your words have the power of life or death. As you go into middle school, you are about to see just how much weight your words carry. You are going to have the opportunity to use your words to hurt, demean, slander and wound others. You are also going to have the opportunity to use your words to heal, encourage, inspire and love others. You will occasionally make the wrong choice; I can think of three times this week I have used my own words carelessly and caused harm. Just like this toothpaste, once the words leave your mouth, you can't take them back. Use your words carefully, Breonna. When others are misusing their words, guard your words. Make the choice every morning that life-giving words will come out of your mouth. Decide tonight that you are going to be a life-giver in middle school. Be known for your gentleness and compassion. Use your life to give life to a world that so desperately needs it. You will never, ever regret choosing kindness."

--Amy Beth Gardner

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100531088756336&set=p.10100531088756336&type=3&theater

• Brohoof 1

"South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum." James L. Petigru

"My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me." Winston Churchill

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." Again, Winston Churchill.

"Honey, I forgot to duck." Ronad Reagan, after being shot.

"I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience." Ronald Reagan, after Presidential opponent Walter Mondale questioned Reagan's age.

"I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse" Holy Roman Emperor Charles V

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." Joseph Stalin

• Brohoof 1