Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Two Bullets [RP Topic]

Opalicious

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/34286-two-bullets/

Red Wine lay on the hospital bed, silent, heart barely beating. The sickness had gotten to her, and there was barely a chance she was going to live. Spy Joe hung sadly over her, tears occasional falling on her skin, Red Wine not reacting to any of them. His head moved closer to hers, water dotting his black suit and blue tie. He could clean it later, now was not the time.

Speedy Azure trotted into the room, the next mission on his mind. “Spy Joe, c’mon, we have another mission.” Spy Joe didn’t reply immediately, but the words finally came out of his mouth, “Not now.” Speedy Azure didn’t respond very well to this. He knew that Spy Joe’s wife was on the bed, nearing death, but he was needed. “We have to go. There’s almost no life in her anyway.”

As if to prove him wrong, the screen showing her heart rate began to beep louder, showing that she was fighting back, that she could make it. If Red Wine was to live, Spy Joe was not to miss it. “I’m not going. I’m staying here.”

Speedy Azure was finally pushed over the edge, with the short temper he has. He whipped out his gun and shot Red Wine, her heartbeat almost immediately stopping. Spy Joe’s eyes blazed as he stared at Speedy Azure, but Speedy only saw a second of it. One moment he saw fury, the next, he saw red. His vision was clouded with the color, and as he struggled to focus on Spy Joe, he caught glimpse of the pistol he was holding. He slammed face flat on the floor, and Spy Joe set his gun back in the holster. He looked back to his wife, and he sat back down on her bed, knowing he was going to be punished for his actions…

Chocolate Trifle narrowed his eyes as he examined Spy Joe, who had his head down, muzzle interestingly on the table. He seemed distraught about something, and was sure it wasn’t because of Speedy Azure’s death. He sat on the other side of the table, and he turned the lamp light the best he could at Spy Joe.

“Good to see you handling it so well,” he said sarcastically, but his voice stopped dead when the solid, stone cold look stared back into his. He struggled to seat himself comfortably, and he looked away, not wanting to see those eyes. “Tell me, Joe, why in Equestria did you kill Speedy Azure?”

There were those eyes again, boring into Chocolate Trifle like a gun into flesh. “You wouldn’t understand,” Joe said, eyes slowly moving toward the small crack that let in a little light into the room. “You probably never will.” His grin was gone, replaced by an even poker smile, and there was no hint in what he was thinking.

“Have you had a wife?” It was not at all a question Chocolate Trifle had expected, but at least he was heading in the right direction. He might even find out what his motivation was.

“No, as a matter of fact I haven’t,” he replied confidently, hoping it was the right answer. “That would distract me from my work. Where would my merciless attitude go if I had a mare in my life?” Spy Joe simply smiled thinly and put his head back down.

“Exactly,” he replied, quick and simple, and for the first time, Chocolate Trifle saw hints of calculation in Spy Joe’s eyes. “Now, I’ve read the interrogation handbook, and take my advice when I say it.” The smile had transformed into an outright grin, and Chocolate Trifle couldn’t do anything but lean in to hear the answer. “Duck.”

Chocolate Trifle’s head snapped back and his eyes were wide, but then they questioned him. Of course, his eyes didn’t see Spy Joe’s hooves in his suit pocket. Out came his hoof, grasping a rubber duck and he threw it at the ground. He covered his mouth and nose as he jumped out of the chair and made for the door.

He burst into the hallways, full of agents and medical ponies. They all knew about the gunshot, and they knew just as well that he was to be caught. He jumped up and into the drainage, a trick that he and he only had mastered in his time in the agency. He crawled rapidly toward a light at the end of the pipe, and right before he exited, he heard an announcement from a coughing pony.

“This is Chocolate Trifle, I repeat, this is Chocolate Trifle.” A coughing sound was to be heard. A rebel Spy Joe has just escaped our grasps, he is to be caught at all costs, repeat, at all costs, dead or alive!”

Spy Joe quickly made for the exit of the sewer, and hastily climbed the ladder and exited through the manhole. He tried to stay inconspicuous to the public, as he ran into the nearest store. He entered the bathroom, and wiped off all of the sewage that had accumulated from his clothing.

Spy Joe then nervously exited the store, as then he saw two suspicious ponies with suits exit a black SUV. Spy Joe sprung back behind the inner wall of the store, as one of the ponies caught sight of him. "How could they have tracked me down to here?" Joe thought to himself, as he rested against the wall.

Joe then entered the bathroom once again, as the two agents entered the store. He overheard a conversation between the two agents and the shopkeeper. He could barely hear the words; "My name is agent Fireblood. We are currently working on an urgent case, Do you know or have you seen this man?" Asked the female agent. "Eh.. well, I have seen him around the town.. but I do not know who he is." Said the shopkeeper in a hoarse voice.

"Is the man a criminal, or something, eh?" Asked the shopkeeper.

"That's classified information, sir. I apologize." Said Fireblood.

Joe looked out the door to see that the two agents had exited. He felt a sigh of relief, but was trying to think of what to do next.

(OOC: That took me a while to think and write xD)

Bluenote was busily writing notes about her recent recon mission in her notebook, and did not notice the pony walking past her. When she looked up from it, she didn't see much. That was when she heard the transmission. She tried to muffle the sound the best she could, also trying to listen. "Any trace of his whereabouts?"

(I'm more of a short and sweet post person. If you want me to do long posts however, I can adjust. ;) )

• Brohoof 1

Shuttle left the gym, his legs on fire. His training this last week was the most brutal. He needed someone normal to talk to who wasn't screaming at him to push himself harder. He noticed the pegasus writing notes as he walked past. Bored, Shuttle satnext to Bluenote. Exhausted from training, he sighed "Hey can I ask you a quick question? Where do you stand on the whole Spy Joe incedent?"

• Brohoof 1

Fireblood continued to find information on Spy Joe. She then returned to the office to do a case report on her current mission in finding the rogue agent. The report read:

[We have followed Spy Joe's tail and we have tracked him down into a nearby city, apparently a shopkeeper at one of the city's stores has seen the criminal in the city. Thus, we have a lead at the moment, we have discovered hard evidence of him being in this city as well as a witness.]

Fireblood tuned in to the transmission that read, "Any trace of whereabouts?"

She replied, "Yes, we currently have a lead on Joe's location. He has been in a city nearby the agency, he seemed to have got there through a sewer. This is all we have discovered so far."

• Brohoof 1

Shuttle left the gym, his legs on fire. His training this last week was the most brutal. He needed someone normal to talk to who wasn't screaming at him to push himself harder. He noticed the pegasus writing notes as he walked past. Bored, Shuttle satnext to Bluenote. Exhausted from training, he sighed "Hey can I ask you a quick question? Where do you stand on the whole Spy Joe incedent?"

"I'm really divided on it. Joe shouldn't of shot Speedy, but Speedy killed his wife." I said quick, still jotting down some important things. When she finished, she put the pencil behind her ear and her notebook in her bag. "You look like you've been doing your usual training. You should really cut down a bit though, it seems tiring."

"I'm really divided on it. Joe shouldn't of shot Speedy, but Speedy killed his wife." I said quick, still jotting down some important things. When she finished, she put the pencil behind her ear and her notebook in her bag. "You look like you've been doing your usual training. You should really cut down a bit though, it seems tiring."

"I've got a few more days then I get my license. Yeah it's tiring, but it mean's I'll be ready for most of what's thrown at me in the field." Shuttle yawned. "And if I definitely see why Joe shot Speedy, I think it's justified. But if I were in the same position, I wouldn't have shot Speedy. Say, how long have you been here? In the Agency?"

Fame sat in his office, Staring at a pile of paperwork. I want some coffee. He thought, standing up and walking towards the lounge.

On his way back to his office he heard Chocolate Trifles message, Flame's eyes widened, he dropped his coffee and ran down the hall towards his office. He grabbed two 9mm pistols then ran to chocolate trifles office.

Cosmo walked over to Shuttle Fire and Blue Note and said in his cool (as in emotionally cold) voice, "I have to disagree with 'justified.' I think what he did was understandable, but two wrongs don't make a right. Though I will admit, I would've done the same thing in his position," he looked like he was going to say something else but his face suddenly turned completely blank for a moment then went back to normal, he looked at Suttle Fire and Blue Note, and told them, "Excuse for a moment, I sent a shadow clone over to the shopkeeper and set a spell to alert me when it got there, I need to control it directly to investigate what the shopkeeper saw and look for other clues, so I'll talk to you guys later. Oh, and Shuttle Fire, I understand your training because you have one last test before you get your liscense so good luck." With that Cosmo sat down and his face turned blank, signaling his mind directly controling his clone in the city.

Cosmo walked over to Shuttle Fire and Blue Note and said in his cool (as in emotionally cold) voice, "I have to disagree with 'justified.' I think what he did was understandable, but two wrongs don't make a right. Though I will admit, I would've done the same thing in his position," he looked like he was going to say something else but his face suddenly turned completely blank for a moment then went back to normal, he looked at Suttle Fire and Blue Note, and told them, "Excuse for a moment, I sent a shadow clone over to the shopkeeper and set a spell to alert me when it got there, I need to control it directly to investigate what the shopkeeper saw and look for other clues, so I'll talk to you guys later. Oh, and Shuttle Fire, I understand your training because you have one last test before you get your liscense so good luck." With that Cosmo sat down and his face turned blank, signaling his mind directly controling his clone in the city.

"Thanks, I'll need it." Shuttle looked around, then to his hooves. He began to think about life back on his foster dad's farm, and whether or not it made a comeback after he burned it down. He shuffled his hooves and shook his head quickly and turned to Bluenote. "Can I borrow some paper? I need to write a letter really quick."

Edited by SteelForest

Fireblood walked into the office.

So.. where are we with the case? We need to bring this guy to justice. Of course it was a rightful revenge kill, but It was still a law violation. You have no idea how much I wanna' catch this dirtbag.

Fireblood took off her goggles and incinerated her old scrap documents.

"I've got a few more days then I get my license. Yeah it's tiring, but it mean's I'll be ready for most of what's thrown at me in the field." Shuttle yawned. "And if I definitely see why Joe shot Speedy, I think it's justified. But if I were in the same position, I wouldn't have shot Speedy. Say, how long have you been here? In the Agency?"

"Thanks, I'll need it." Shuttle looked around, then to his hooves. He began to think about life back on his foster dad's farm, and whether or not it made a comeback after he burned it down. He shuffled his hooves and shook his head quickly and turned to Bluenote. "Can I borrow some paper? I need to write a letter really quick."

"I've been here for two years, and, uh sure.", she said, ripping out a blank sheet and giving it to Shuttle. She took to her thoughts a bit, remembering the time as a filly she had beaten a colt in a race and when he had started a fight with her afterwards. "What is it like at the gym anyway?" I asked him.

(Bluenote is a single word. .T.)

Flame knocked on the door of Chocolate Trifles office and walked in. Sir I just had a couple questions about the reble sp... Sorry, am I interrupting something ? He asked looking from Chocolate Trifle to a Red pony who he had seen around the office but ha never talked too.

Cosmo asked the shopkeeper a few questions through his clone but was unable to come up with anything new, he also made another clone with a more advanced technique, one that could look around for clues then return to Cosmo to share the memories. It was less effective than direct control, and Cosmo had to be in direct contact with the clone to absorb the memories, but it left him able to do other things. "Where would he go...? I'm not married, but I know that ponies who are tend to be less professional in our line of work, in fact thats the reason Chocolate Trifle gives for why he isn't married," Cosmo thought with a smirk, "emotions can lead to mistakes, like not checking your equipment, leaving behind a trail, missing your target, stuff like that... I should go get clearence to check his office, maybe he left something behind, like a vacation photo, something that could lead us to him..." With that, Cosmo headed over to Chocolate Trifle's office and saw the door open, taking that as a sign that the boss wasn'y busy Cosmo walked in saying, "Excuse me Chcolate Trifle I was hoping I could..." he paused seeing everyone in the room, "Oh, excuse me. I saw the door open and thought you were available," he said, closing the door and feeling a bit embarressed. "Nicely done Cosmo... Nicely done indeed..." he mocked to himself. He sat down outside the office waiting for the other ponies he saw to be finished. Cosmo decided to check on his clone and used a spell to see through it's eyes, but instead felt the clone to have been killed. "WHAT?! Did Joe find it?! He wouldn't kill it unless it saw something important, so then what could it have found...?" Cosmo would've sent more to investigate but he didn't think they'd last any better, and any clue the clone had found Spy Joe would've disposed of to prevent anyone else finding it. "Okay I need to see his room," he thought, and continued waiting for Chocolate Trifle to finish whatever discussion he was in.

Edited by TheBreech

(edited)

((OOC: Agent 532 is Fireblood, Agent 244 is Flame Dancer.))

"Welcome Agent 532 and 244," he replied, without looking up. He finished writing down a note on a mission in Cloppenhagen before looking up. He put his hooves on his desk and continued, "As far as we know, Spy Joe escaped the building and is on the loose, and as what I heard from another agent that was with you," he said, glancing at Fireblood, "he's near a department store in Ponyville. By now, he could be anywhere." His look shifted toward Cosmo, another on of his agents, but he always called them by their official number. "Good to see you too, Agent 170. I suppose you're here as well because of the Spy Joe case?"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Spy Joe peeked around the building, eyes wide, breath coming out in ragged breaths. His eyes darted left and right, and he casually stepped into the train hallway, a ticket to Manehattan in his hooves. He boarded the train calmly, handing the ticket to a pony collecting tickets. As Spy Joe passed and entered the train, the pony grabbed a phone out of his outfit and called a number. "Hello, Chocolate Trifle? This is agent 12. Spy Joe has been spotted heading toward Manehattan by train."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chocolate Trifle's eyes darted to his phone, which rang ominously. He picked it up and listened to the news. "Good job, head back to main facility. I have another call coming in." He hung up and answered the second call. The voice of Spy Joe came through, and it stated, "Catch me if you can." A crashing sound was heard before Joe's phone smashed and all Chocolate Trifle could hear was static. He looked up at the three agents in front of him. "Manehattan, now."

Edited by Colgate Revolution

Yes sir. Flame said, Galloping out of the office and down the hall.

On his way to the garage, he stuck his head into his partners office. You're coming with me... were going to Manehattan and they both ran down the hall towards the entrance of the building.

"I've been here for two years, and, uh sure.", she said, ripping out a blank sheet and giving it to Shuttle. She took to her thoughts a bit, remembering the time as a filly she had beaten a colt in a race and when he had started a fight with her afterwards. "What is it like at the gym anyway?" I asked him.

(Bluenote is a single word. .T.)

(I know it is :3)

"Well... The trainer's a real hard-flank. Other than that though, it's not half bad. Hard? Yeah. Worth it? I'd think so." Shuttle began writing a letter to his foster father. Using a small, controlled flame to write with, he asked the mare questioningly, "Why are you interested in the gym, want to train or something?"

• Brohoof 1

Flame and his partner Lightweight pushed the front door open and trotted out onto the sidewalk to a small carriage that had a few copper pipes sticking out of an engine at the back of the carriage. If we leave now we may be able to intercept the train before it even gets to the Manehattan station. He said, As Lightweight and him climbed into the carriage, started the engine and drove out of the city along a dirt road that would meet up with the train tracks.

(OOC: sorry for the crappy righting and grammar, Im really tired right now so my mind is going all Bluuuurrrrderrrrrp.)

Edited by Flame Dancer

(I know it is :3)

"Well... The trainer's a real hard-flank. Other than that though, it's not half bad. Hard? Yeah. Worth it? I'd think so." Shuttle began writing a letter to his foster father. Using a small, controlled flame to write with, he asked the mare questioningly, "Why are you interested in the gym, want to train or something?"

"Oh, well I-", Bluenote had started but stopped. She looked down and, gathered up her courage, and said,"Its complicated and I think it is something you wouldn't understand. She gets up and picks up her receiver and says though it," Any new leads on Spy Joe yet?"

Spy Joe looked out the window of the train, sipping a hot chocolate, and almost spit it on the pony across from him as he saw what he had feared the whole time. He cursed under his breath, and calmly stood up. It couldn't be a coincidence that a vehicle with the agency insignia was driving along side the train. He entered the vacant bathroom and observed himself in the mirror, observing how in the past hour, he already had a few complications in his mane. That wasn't going to change. The more he looked different from his usual self, the better. He pushed open the window, which was on the opposite side of the car. Outside, there was tall grass, yellow from the heat. Looking behind him, he could imagine the road coming closer to the tracks. A terrible situation from him, better if he got away as early as possible. Looking forward, he waited, and waited, until the ground looked soft and sheltered. He leaped, his front hooves in front of him, and he pushed this head and back forward, and at the moment of impact, he did a barrel roll and lay down in the grass, letting his bruised right back hoof relax. He would move on soon, but when he did, he wanted to fully functioning body. "It was worth it," he whispered to himself repeatedly, laying there, in the grass, invisible in the towering feature.

Shuttle sighed. Obviously everyone took there job seriously. He began to think. This is kind of boring... All these ponies dedicated themselves to the agency. I don't know if I could... I wonder...

"Hey, any clue where Joe is? I want to help find him." Shuttle stood excitedly, he had his plan set.

• Brohoof 1

Shuttle sighed. Obviously everyone took there job seriously. He began to think. This is kind of boring... All these ponies dedicated themselves to the agency. I don't know if I could... I wonder...

"Hey, any clue where Joe is? I want to help find him." Shuttle stood excitedly, he had his plan set.

"Manehatten." Bluenote says. " If you're really sure then you'd better start packing. Manehatten is a long way from here. I've already gotten what I need." She took to her thoughts again, and a few seconds later added, "Might wanna bring a firearm, just in case."

"Manehatten." Bluenote says. " If you're really sure then you'd better start packing. Manehatten is a long way from here. I've already gotten what I need." She took to her thoughts again, and a few seconds later added, "Might wanna bring a firearm, just in case."

Shuttle chuckled, he didn't own anything. "Done packing I guess. And can a fire horn count? After all... Fire-based combat magic is my specialty." Shuttle scuffed his hoof in the dirt. "Oh yeah. My name's Shuttle Fire, may I ask yours?" Shuttle tilted his head and began to think. Ain't never been to Manehattan...

Edited by SteelForest

Shuttle chuckled, he didn't own anything. "Done packing I guess. And can a fire horn count? After all... Fire-based combat magic is my specialty." Shuttle scuffed his hoof in the dirt. "Oh yeah. My name's Shuttle Fire, may I ask yours?" Shuttle tilted his head and began to think. Ain't never been to Manehattan...

"Call me Bluenote.", she says, trying to stifle a laugh. "And, I guess so." She rummages in her bag to pull out around 15 bits." I'll get the tickets for the Manehatten train." She checks her watch and then adds, 30 minutes until it departs. Meet you there." She says before she flies in the direction of the train station.

"Call me Bluenote.", she says, trying to stifle a laugh. "And, I guess so." She rummages in her bag to pull out around 15 bits." I'll get the tickets for the Manehatten train." She checks her watch and then adds, 30 minutes until it departs. Meet you there." She says before she flies in the direction of the train station.

Shuttle smiled. "She seemed nice." He walked off through Canterlot's musical district to listen to the sounds of musicians. He enjoyed the sounds of some of the jazz artists on the corner. He decided to think out his plan. How to convice him I'm on the good side of him...