Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread MLP:FiM Gameloft App, Friends, and Info

Lost Profile

Well, I finally figured out how to add people on Gameloft- I have about 10 friends now- and somehow I can't get friends in the game. It still says I have no Gameloft friends there. Anyone know if there's something I can do about that? 

Also Scarletvine, I don't think Derpy appearing in Canterlot is a glitch. It happens quite a bit. But of course I don't know for sure.

It's most likely to be that the Gameloft Live server has been acting up. That's the reason why the Friend List isn't showing up Lately and why we can't gift each other the hearts or leave treasure boxes behind. My hunch tells me it would be a server traffic that's causing all this. What they fixed in the Social Network was that we can accept Multiple Hearts in the Inbox instead of accepting 1 heart at a time.

Yeah, Derpy can appear in Canterlot as well, but The only Downside part was the edge of the area.

• Brohoof 1

Hi all :)

Yeah, the Octavia glitch is pretty funny. Wonder how long it'll take the folks at Gameloft to figure it out?

Please add me in-game! My name is 1MissRin. I play pretty much everyday and I gift all the time. I've added most of you in this here forum.

Thanks!

I assume that because I put her on with that house first from my inventory, that I can't exploit the bug? On a upside I have the star levels from before.

I despratley need chests. Please help.

Hi all!

I desperately need friends and chests, please add me! My gl id is Vanilla2005. I play daily and gift as often as I can. By the way, is anypony using the movie theater, I can't get any gems out of it?

Yo.  I know this may sound a little OCD, but does anypony here have a 1:1 accurate Ponyville, and Canterlot?

Photos would be very much appreciated of your show accurate locations.  Thanks.

Did any of you guys have problems getting on the App Recently? cuz I've been having problems with mine and then every time that I try to claim my daily bonus, I just get stuck at the loading screen for a reason.

Yo.  I know this may sound a little OCD, but does anypony here have a 1:1 accurate Ponyville, and Canterlot?

Photos would be very much appreciated of your show accurate locations.  Thanks.

Yes it sounds OCD and yes I have thought about trying it myself. derpy_emoticon2.png

The only thing I have been able to figure out myself is that the carrot household is to the left of the apples barn. 

I would not be surprised though if the show itself is not consistent with the positioning of things because we already know they constantly get Fluttershy and Twilights front doors wrong.  One minute they are split, sometimes they open one way, then the other, Twilights usually has the candle design on the outside only, but sometimes its on the inside too.  Plus the game doesn't exactly allow you to be very accurate anyway.  It annoys me that you cannot make the pavement go seamlessly up to the bridge on Fluttershys house.

• Brohoof 1

Yes it sounds OCD and yes I have thought about trying it myself. img-1629070-1-derpy_emoticon2.png

The only thing I have been able to figure out myself is that the carrot household is to the left of the apples barn. 

I would not be surprised though if the show itself is not consistent with the positioning of things because we already know they constantly get Fluttershy and Twilights front doors wrong.  One minute they are split, sometimes they open one way, then the other, Twilights usually has the candle design on the outside only, but sometimes its on the inside too.  Plus the game doesn't exactly allow you to be very accurate anyway.  It annoys me that you cannot make the pavement go seamlessly up to the bridge on Fluttershys house.

Sigh.  I guess having an accurate Equestria in the game is only a dream.  I'll just try to make my game look accurate, and I won't be too crazy about the placement of things.  I'm a little disappointed that the design team didn't take this into consideration, but there's only so much you can do.  I hope my Ponyville and Canterlot turn out awesome!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hey i still don't have kindle online quite yet but hopefully soon. What I'm curious about is i have 3 missions in Canterlot to fufill (always expensive) and then i have one "the bring Sweetie Belle to Ponyville". She's normally 30 gems but the mission offers to skip at 15 gems. So do I GET her for 15 gems if i pick that option or do i NOT get her and it simply acts like i passed the mission and I'm out Sweetie Belle and 15 gems. Just need to be very sure of what i pick as i do not want to miss out after spending all this time saving so many gems. If I can get her for 15 gems by picking skip I'll take the 50% discount over the reg price of 30.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

Sigh.  I guess having an accurate Equestria in the game is only a dream.  I'll just try to make my game look accurate, and I won't be too crazy about the placement of things.  I'm a little disappointed that the design team didn't take this into consideration, but there's only so much you can do.  I hope my Ponyville and Canterlot turn out awesome!

The biggest problem I suspect is that GameLoft have so many games like this one, which likely means that MLP is using the same engine as those.  Basically these theme park/town building games are 95% reskinned versions of the same game, with just minor tweaks, so it would be very hard to factor that into how Ponyville SHOULD look when they are just recycling the same game over and over.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It seems there is indeed no consistent layout for Ponyville in the show.

Looking at the title sequence the Carousel Boutique looks to be right in the middle.

img-1633688-1-Ponyville.png

But lots seems to have changed in Magical Mystery Cure:

img-1633688-2-Ponyville1.png

It doesn't even appear to match the official (season 2) map of Equestria:

Map_of_Equestria_online_version_2012-08.

Its a shame as I bet anything that Lauren Faust put a map in the bible but they aren't consulting it due to time constraints.  Plus I suppose we have to accept that it might just be more interesting sometimes to put things where they aren't technically supposed to be.

Then again, after Discord, the Parasprites, etc you could definitely argue that Ponyville might have changed layout over the course of the series.

Hey i still don't have kindle online quite yet but hopefully soon. What I'm curious about is i have 3 missions in Canterlot to fufill (always expensive) and then i have one "the bring Sweetie Belle to Ponyville". She's normally 30 gems but the mission offers to skip at 15 gems. So do I GET her for 15 gems if i pick that option or do i NOT get her and it simply acts like i passed the mission and I'm out Sweetie Belle and 15 gems. Just need to be very sure of what i pick as i do not want to miss out after spending all this time saving so many gems. If I can get her for 15 gems by picking skip I'll take the 50% discount over the reg price of 30.

Pretty sure you won't get her, it just skips that requirement of the quest.

Edited by Alexander Atkin

Freewave, skipping the Sweetie Belle quest means you will not get her. You'll just spend 15 gems for pretty much nothing. I reccomend just getting her.

Thanks for letting me know, i just hit 15 today so i guess i have to wait for 15 more. Between her and having to buy donut joe and a donut shop (at huge prices) i guess ive got my next month mapped out  :(

(edited)

i like this game. I even got Sunset Shimmer. By the way, she was a shy little pony who hid behind trees and only talked to Twilight, Pinkie, and Derpy. She is now more social and doesn't hide a lot.

Edited by SunsetShimmerFan
  • Brohoof 1

I play the MLP app on my phone, I didn't see a section just for games. Am I in the right place? If so I would like to exchange info and visit other ponyvilles  ;)

• Brohoof 1

hi... I am also in need for some friends who play the app, if you could add me or give me your username, mine is boffinmexican and I'd be glad to visit your ponyville and get some hearts... since I need them to buy my scootaloo. :D

I would like some friends to exchange chests and get some hearts to unlock more ponies. I tried searching for a thread like this, but I did not find one. I hope its not a duplicate.

My ID is chloenoir16

• Brohoof 1

This is a really old ID, but my ID is directioner4evr. I know. I was a dork back then. But I send back gifts and I send gifts daily, so add me if you will.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm saving up for the Quills and Sofas shop. Thank goodness they lowered it down to 60 gems, but I still have quite a ways to go.  I only have 24 gems, but I get at least 4 gems a day from parasprites and changelings, depending on how the payout is set for that day. This is why I'm also saving up my less common shards like loyalty and magic. 

I still need to activate the magic shard though. It's soooo frustrating...

Well due to Canterlot Update, you should be able to get more Magic Shards than the Usual Rate. The Shops in Canterlot prvoide Random Shards, but I believe that Observatory and Royal Conservatory provides Magic Shards in a Fair Rate. I've saved up around 100 Loyalty and Magic Shards, but I never turn in my shards for the elements of harmony because I have to save them for parasprites and Changelings.

I can't frikin play it because there are so many Honesty Parasprites around and I can't get any Honesty Shards!  Ugh it makes me so mad!

Honesty shards are easy to get. With Canterlot update, they should be common from the shops in Canterlot. If you're getting them in ponyville, I may suggest spreading your ponies out and assign them to the unassigned shops if you have less ponies and shops. Don't go for the full bonus on the shops just yet if you don't have a lot of ponies to assign them with.

• Brohoof 1