Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first ever "Hoof-Drawn" pony

☢Navy☢

post-8598-0-37483100-1350676529_thumb.jpg

So yea, the title basically explains it, this lovely work of art here is my first pony drawn by me. I know it's pretty simple and lacks color, but it still has yet to be finished.

Please, tell me if you like it or not, if I should keep it or scrap it, what color it should be, should I change the cutie mark, is there a need for any background color, would it look better with some "accessories" and how I should change it to make it look better (shape and details).

Please, tell me your full opinion on my work, don't put it on me lightly because you think it's going to "hurt my feelings", seriously I need some good constructive criticism on this thing if it's going to look any better than it does now.

• Brohoof 5

I love it, and how could I say anything bad when my fluttershy looks like she got an arm extension and put on 50 pounds. But if you want some constructive criticism then here we go:

Larger head (Just slightly. It looks like her eyes are enormous and the nose is a bit small because of that size, However that could be a desired effect)

Less of a slope leading into the nose. Try for something more like your profile pic with the nose.

More evenly spread cut in the back legs. I would go for something around a 45 degree angle or less.

Rounded out ear. A bit too sharp.

Perfect Job otherwise! I really like the eyes and I think that the Color should be something that is a very light tone like baby blue, or fluttershy yellow. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or anything! Its totally AWESOME

I love it, and how could I say anything bad when my fluttershy looks like she got an arm extension and put on 50 pounds. But if you want some constructive criticism then here we go:

Larger head (Just slightly. It looks like her eyes are enormous and the nose is a bit small because of that size, However that could be a desired effect)

Less of a slope leading into the nose. Try for something more like your profile pic with the nose.

More evenly spread cut in the back legs. I would go for something around a 45 degree angle or less.

Rounded out ear. A bit too sharp.

Perfect Job otherwise! I really like the eyes and I think that the Color should be something that is a very light tone like baby blue, or fluttershy yellow. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or anything! Its totally AWESOME

Hey thanks man, the feed back always helps, I'll start getting to work on it now. Also, dude I'm a freaking brick there is no way you can offend this artist.

You got the concept right, though the eyes and snout stick out a little to much, and the neck needs to be just a tad bet wider, but overall it is pretty good, especially if it is your first.

Good for a first time drawing of a pony. But for all people it does take awhile to perfect your drawings and make them great so you feel really accomplished.

Actually, to be honest with you, I drew this thing out in about less than an hour. I just need some opinion on the details and what color I should draw it.

post-8598-0-24577700-1350750079_thumb.jpg

Here it is, the newly edited version of my "hoof-Drawn" pony. Personally I thing it still needs some more work done on it, I still need every-ponies full fledged opinion on this, Don't hold back, I still need good criticism if i'm going to finish this thing.

Also, I'm going to hold back on the coloring until I think it looks finished.

post-8598-0-24577700-1350750079_thumb.jpg

I just need some opinion on the details and what color I should draw it.

Personally I thing it still needs some more work done on it,

still need good criticism if i'm going to finish this thing.

Also, I'm going to hold back on the coloring until I think it looks finished.

You need to have more detail with the tail, hair, and cutie mark. Personally I think of this pony as a redish orange colour. But it looks much better now!

You need to have more detail with the tail, hair, and cutie mark. Personally I think of this pony as a redish orange colour. But it looks much better now!

Point taken, got any opinions on how I should make the hair look, I'm getting the basic idea of what you're saying but I'm still trying to get a full Idea.

Need IDEAS!!!

Point taken, got any opinions on how I should make the hair look, I'm getting the basic idea of what you're saying but I'm still trying to get a full Idea.

Need IDEAS!!!

For the hair and the tail you could put little lines showing that it's not perfect hair because nobody has hair that's completely flat (with the exemption of crystal ponies). It needs to look a bit more real.

For the hair and the tail you could put little lines showing that it's not perfect hair because nobody has hair that's completely flat (with the exemption of crystal ponies). It needs to look a bit more real.

Ah, I got ya, that should put a nice touch to the drawing. Again thanks for the help, all criticism helps me to finish this thing.

It looks pretty good! But the head is a little awkward, but I think Rainbow Skywalker explained it perfectly. A bit bigger, less slope to nose, and the back leg looks a little bit awkward.

Final words:

Dat eyes.

Edited by BronyDerp117

Well, I must say, it's sertainly alright for your first pony ever. After all, the first try is never perfect. In fact, my first pony was a picture of Queen Chrysalis (mentioned it cuz I was thinking of posting it later on). I suggest you use a refrence or use the basic "circle" method. There are plenty of tutorials you can use to aid you. I had been drawing for years before I drew my first pony, and even I used a refrence image.

post-8598-0-66823800-1350790754_thumb.jpg

*Re-Re-uploaded

For the time being i'm only showing the face area, the back is under construction. Did I make it better or worse? Also, sorry for the bad picture quality, it's late and there was a gnarly glare from where I was taking the picture :/ meh, I'm an artist not a photographer!!!

post-8598-0-66823800-1350790754_thumb.jpg

*Re-Re-uploaded

For the time being i'm only showing the face area, the back is under construction. Did I make it better or worse? Also, sorry for the bad picture quality, it's late and there was a gnarly glare from where I was taking the picture :/ meh, I'm an artist not a photographer!!!

I suggest you begin by drawing a circle and working the muzzle out from there, rather than the way you are attempting it here.