Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

I had already been interested by the time I finished Return of Harmony part 2, but the episodes that took me hook line and sinker were Look Before You Sleep and Bridle Gossip, with their great humor and good messages.

The first episode I actually sat down and watched was the one where Twilight only had 2 tickets for the Gala. It got me hooked easily. The beautiful animation, the characters with actual personalities, ect. Everything about it was enough to make me watch more episodes.

It was Applebuck Season because it kind of reminded me of how I am sometimes, only I more want to do things myself so it gets done quickly and correctly.  Another was because Big Mac said more than "eyup" in that episode.

The last Roundup.  It continues to be one of my favorite episodes.  I then decided to watch it from episode 1 all the way through in order.

(edited)

I had already been interested by the time I finished Return of Harmony part 2

That also includes me as I got hooked with Return of Harmony Part 2 too. I thought the Ponyville school was a church in Party of One at that first time. And those memories of the Season 2 hype for two years ago.

Edited by Ulrik Raben

@,

We happened to have a thread that served an identical purpose to yours, in that they both ask for an episode that caused you to get really interested in the show, so yours has been merged with the older one :).

For me, I was hooked after the first episode but I didn't appreciate the show as much as I eventually would until about 6/7 episodes in, around Dragonshy or so.

• Brohoof 2

Some of the episodes that really got me into liking the show were: Lesson Zero, Party of One, and A Dog and Pony Show. I pretty much finished the whole show before I became a brony though. All of the amazing youtube pony videos/the fandom/forums out there is what REALLY got me into being a brony.

(edited)

I actually became a fan of the show from the very beginning, after I saw nightmare moon and a manticore, which told me it was more than your typical girls show. The episode I realised I was a brony was actually feeling pinkie keen, with all the looney tunes-esque humor and the hydra of all things. I had to seriously pause and ask myself whether i was a brony or not.

Edited by z11011

I always liked the show from the start but my favorite episode and what made me a brony was S1 E23 The Cutie Mark Chronicles. Just seeing what everypony did to get their cutie marks and how they were all tied together. Really made me feel connected to the characters. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I loved the series almost from the first episode. I have decided to watch it myself, one day I just thought I'd try to see this show about ponies which I knew from some memes i have seen some time ago, and I did it chronologically according to release date of each episode.

Episodes that have the greatest impact were the "The Ticket Master" and "Look Before You Sleep".

Edited by spacestorm

When I looked up "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" on youtube, I knew that the most popular episode would be first. Usually, that means it's the best episode, so I clicked on it. However, in this case, it was "Magical Mystery Cure". So, basically, I got the entire series spoiled up to the current point :lol:

• 10 months later...
(edited)

The episodes that really helped me make up my mind and watch the rest of the season 1 (and the others seasons) were Dragonshy and Bridle Gossip.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

I watched the first 2 episodes (because of Tara Strong) and thought the animation was very nice for flash and the writing was OK (compared to the older 90's version I remembered and dreaded when my sister watched back then).

I still wasn't interested in the show itself and only decided to go onto the third episode "The Ticket Master" because I was wondering what the heck was going on with videos that people apparently made that I found while searching for the first episodes. I somehow had missed the internet craze and KNEW NOTHING of the remake and fandom.

Anyway, the ticket episode initially gave me the impression that Celestia was going to be a character kind of like what Discord is (who I really like and found out about later).

I thought she purposely gave Twilight 2 tickets, knowing full well it would cause a problem. I also liked the episode because it's the first one to really show the character interactions that make the show good.

Edited by steve88

(edited)

When I rewatched the show outside of the previous context of watching it at my old job, I started with 'A Canterlot Wedding' on the recommendation of a friend who said I should have that in mind before reading the comics he lent me. So I will go with 'A Canterlot Wedding' :)

I spent the whole week afterwards trying to get a blind bag Cadance (I wasn't aware of the codes back then)

Edited by Guest

It actually took me a while to fall in love with the show since I fell in love with the thing at episode 11 of season 1 Winter Wrap-Up. This episode is still my favorite, the song (in my opinion) is the best in the show and I love the lesson it teaches too. 

(edited)

None.

As in, I considered myself a brony prior to actually watching the show, given that I had pony wallpapers (three of them at once), and was playing a pony mod for a game. As for the actual show, hell the first episode of course! And it wasn't even three minutes in before I began to love it. :D

Edited by Sir Jackleberry
  • Brohoof 1

It'll be difficult to assert exactly when i was at last bronified. I enjoyed the show's first season, but i didn't consider i'll love it that much, you know? You could say i was in denial. I think it was during "A Friend in Deed" , s2, that i was "k, screw it, i love this too much!" That was simply it for me.

I had to put 0 because it wasn't any singular episode or string of episodes. It was actually fanart and reading material that encouraged me to give the show a second chance. I had watched two or three episodes in the summer of 2011 and pretty much dismissed the show as an afterthought or just something to check on when there's nothing else good on, then I read up some material on the MLP Wiki when I had gotten bored later in the year, and I watched a compilation of Pinkie Pie's best moments. I actually didn't know until shortly afterwards that all of the episodes were available on YouTube at the time.

I watched a few and got hooked. I know for sure that "Boast Busters" was the first episode that I watched after I had started liking the show. Before that, I know I had seen at least a few minutes of "Sonic Rainboom", "The Cutie Mark Chronicles", and "Stare Master".

If a brony also means a 12 year old who really likes MLP even though all he does on the internet with it is watch the Youtube poops and songs from the show then I became a brony after 2 episodes (1 YTP and 1 full episode which was Ponyville Confidential) after those I really started to love Apple Bloom and later on to branch out to more episodes and love more ponies.

It's difficult for me to pinpoint when I went from merely a pony ogler viewer to an unabashed fan of the show.  I liked RD right from the start, and I gravitated towards her throughout the first season.  "Griffon the Brush-Off" was a noteworthy episode early on ("Pinkie Pie, you are SO random."), and I actually enjoyed much of "Fall Weather Friends" ("I am the Iron Poh-nee!!").  But I think it's "Sonic Rainboom" that really got me.  That was RD's big moment in season one; I was even moved by the episode.  If that episode hadn't done it, "Over a Barrel" or "Party of One" probably would have.  Or the first minute or so of "A Bird in the Hoof:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRKnB7zm5po

^ The episode could have ended right after that, and I'd have been satisifed lol.

• Brohoof 1