Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

-

Link is my favorite

Iv been a fan since the newest generation first aired (I was baby sitting at the time) and found my self really drawn into it. I felt a bit weird about watching it at the time since I didn't find out about bronys until I was half way through season 2. Side note this is my 40th post to this website :D

Not long, I would probably say a few months though I do remember Generation 1 as I have a cousin who was really into it when we were kids she watched the cartoons and had the toys and everything. I didn't give it the time of day back then but I have heard that Lauren Faust heavily based generation 4 on generation 1 so I am considering giving it a shot, I gave generation 4 a shot and it is now on my list of favorite shows of all time so who knows.

I'm a newbie to the herd. I became a brony in March of this year. I forgot the date, but it was the night of a play I was in. I was hooked when my friend made me watch an episode. I joined the forum in May. B)

I owned a couple of MLP toys as a kid, but I never watched the show growing up.

I became a G4 fan sometimes in early 2011. I specifically remember typing a Facebook status about how I was watching the new My Little Pony cartoon instead of working on homework for my Writing About Disasters creative writing class.

I first saw the show in the summer of 2011, but I didn't really care for it. Yeah, it was colorful and fun and all, and I understood why some guys could like it but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Fast forward 2 months, and I re-watched the first few episodes unbiased and realized how great that the characters were and the animation and the everything. So I guess you could say I OFFICIALLY became a fan on December 23rd, 2011 but I knew about the show and acknowledged it for a few months before.

Edited by Twiliscael

Gosh, looking back I've been watching since I was tiny. I remember the movie where they had to find the Rainbow of light and got help from the sea ponies. They fought some kind of devil type guy who turned ponies into demons. It was cool when I was a kid, not so sure what I would think if I saw it again.

From the moment I saw the previews for Season 1, I knew I was gonna be watching this. Of course, it wasn't until the great 4chan pony purge that I found out about bronies, so that's that.

Today marks me having been a brony for one full year.

I didn't expect to like the show at all when I first watched, in fact I really wasn't too sure if I liked it even after seeing it! But after a bit of thinking I decided I did in fact like it, and decided to watch more. The brony fandom has been such a good thing to me, I don't think there's any way I'll ever leave... not while there's still show to see and hundreds of things to still talk about! Brony forever! <3

June 28, 2011 was the day I got into ponies iirc. I tried getting into the previous generations like generation 3, since I have little cousins that love generation 3 ponies. But it seems like I've become more of a fan of this generation rather than the previous.

I don't know.. I think it started in June last year. I'm not really sure but I remember that my partner told me about men who watch My Little Pony and I decided to watch a episode. I watches "Look Before You Sleep" I think,

I am 29, still have the 1983 Majesty pony proudly displayed on my bookshelf.  I am glad I am not the  only person to have loved the original stuff and the pilot was seriously scary!  My friend had nightmares from watching it when we were little lolz!  It makes me laugh tho I told someone I liked the new stuff but I was still faithful to the old and teased that they weren't really a true pony fan until they had watched the original and they went off on one it was sooooo funny!

my sister was more into them than i was, but we both used to play with the toys all the time. i can barely remember, i was really young!  i never watched the show at the time because i didn't know a show even existed, lol.

its safe to say i wasn't a "fan" until learning about friendship is magic.

Edited by crazitaco

• 1 year later...