Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No Background Pony.

Cocodrillo

Okay so..I drew this (technique I´ve used before - ms paint + bluring in Gimp) for my friend.

We were supposed to go to the lecture about protein engineering together (well, she went just because of me), and I overslept so she waited for me and then went alone.. I was afraid she´ll be angry so I gave her apples, but she didn´t mind - actually, she was amazed with the lecture about population genetics. Gotta love her patience with me.

But I´ll be angry with myself forever.

So now, I drew her this picture.. AJ is her favourite (she´s also the only brony around..)

You´d better use full view..

post-6480-0-57686000-1353691616_thumb.jpg

The eyes are kinda creepy...

Edit: According to @@Zygen advice, I edited the eyes. It looks better to me.

Edited by Suntouched Coco
  • Brohoof 13

I think its quite nice, its a newer style to it that I really like.

The only real problem I can see is the eyes are a bit strange, if you want them to look more natural i'd add in the black center of around the eyes and have the little white highlights in them aswell, but if thats the look your going for I see no problem with it :) Just a suggestion that would make them look less creepy :P.

Otherwise great job!

Edited by Zygen

Usually, I would hate on MS Paint art, but I think this is the one exception! Very nicely done! Also like the blurs!

The hat, I could say could be a bit more curvier though.

That. Is. Awesome.

You say that the eyes are a bit creepy, but I don't find them that odd at all! I love that kind of "motion blur" as well; it adds a unique spin on the traditional art style.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what else you draw!

That. Is. Awesome.

You say that the eyes are a bit creepy, but I don't find them that odd at all! I love that kind of "motion blur" as well; it adds a unique spin on the traditional art style.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what else you draw!

Cannot. Hold. All. This. Awesome. X.x

It just gives me this feeling and it possesses me with it, it's captivating, which is what artwork should be doing, pulling me in. Great stuff you've got going on there, bang-on job!

I think its quite nice, its a newer style to it that I really like. The only real problem I can see is the eyes are a bit strange, if you want them to look more natural i'd add in the black center of around the eyes and have the little white highlights in them aswell, but if thats the look your going for I see no problem with it :) Just a suggestion that would make them look less creepy :P. Otherwise great job!

All done, thank you. :) I forgot to do it. It looks better in my opinion now.

Usually, I would hate on MS Paint art, but I think this is the one exception! Very nicely done! Also like the blurs! The hat, I could say could be a bit more curvier though.

Thank you, Rockshire. :) I had the hat problems, I´ll practice more to somehow make it up. ;)

Wow. I haven't seen this style in a long time. I really like it, you did a rather good job on this. I mean, the eyes are a little big too big xD But other than that pretty good!

Thank you, well, when you take the percents, the show accurate characters have even bigger eyes. :lol: I think it looks like that because of the creepiness. I hope the eyes look better now after editing them.

That. Is. Awesome. You say that the eyes are a bit creepy, but I don't find them that odd at all! I love that kind of "motion blur" as well; it adds a unique spin on the traditional art style. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what else you draw!

I´m trying, thank you. :)

Cannot. Hold. All. This. Awesome. X.x

It just gives me this feeling and it possesses me with it, it's captivating, which is what artwork should be doing, pulling me in. Great stuff you've got going on there, bang-on job!

IT STARES RIGHT INTO YOUR SOUL!

Awwww, and this is why I love being artist. Or at least pseudoartist.

I´m really glad you like it.

• Brohoof 3

IT STARES RIGHT INTO YOUR SOUL!

Awwww, and this is why I love being artist. Or at least pseudoartist.

I´m really glad you like it.

Pseudoartist?

MORE LIKE SUPER ARTIST. (Heh, guess how long it took me to think that cheesy line up...)

Be proud of your work, as your work is something to be proud of!

• Brohoof 2

This is beautiful! At first I wondered if the full view would be worth it but it makes a huge difference; the colours in the mane are wonderful and her eyes are so detailed. Absolutely gorgeous. :)

"I really like her mane!"

Thanks you gave it a chance and used full view. :) Thank you, CrystalRose. ^_^

It's very good, I like how there aren't sharp edges. The eyes are a little small, but I think it works for this. So, you did a very nice job.

I find it funny, ´Australianfries the eyes are too big. :lol: Jk, thank you, sir. :)

http://fav.me/d5lfjb1

^ plus another thing that might be adding to creepiness may be that the full circle of the iris is almost visible. Any more you can see then it starts being an uncanny stare.

Thanks.

You might have noticed that non of my drawings´ show accurate. I can´t draw ponies how they´re supposed to be, I have to draw them the way that´s natural for me.

Thanks.

You might have noticed that non of my drawings´ show accurate. I can´t draw ponies how they´re supposed to be, I have to draw them the way that´s natural for me.

It is fair to say that there are things to learn about FiM style though. You might not need to draw them FiM style but it certainly helps to what FiM style is. I see too many people drawing their own style but not understand extremely basic horse anatomy. You're certainly not not horrible at this at all as your style is still pretty convincing, but I think it still shouldn't hurt to understand how show style works.

This is possibly the best thing I have every seen, how long did this take you?? and have you done any of the other ponys? I'd love to see Fluttershy :)

You´re overrating this, but thank you. :)

It took me about hour and a half I think. I´ve done just my OC (my avatar) so far with this technique..

But I have a bunch of pencil drawings (you can check my profile if you want to).

Usally im creeped out by this sort of art, But I think this piece is actully pretty good, I cant tell if its distance or not but her snout seems... small

Thanks. ;) I don´t know, it is possible, I don´t have it in the eye.
  • Brohoof 2

Ok, MLPforums needs a new button. It should be the "Follow This Person" button. I'd follow you and your art sooo fast. Honestly, you are cute, and you draw art well. And we are the same age, and I like that you have an interest in science. So... :blush:

Ok, lemme finish by saying I like this. :blush:

Looking good

-the eyelashes on AJ's left eye should face outwards

-the neck is a bit too tick where it meets the head

-the ponytail is a tiny bit too thick

Thanks, especially for the constructive criticism. :wub:

Ok, MLPforums needs a new button. It should be the "Follow This Person" button. I'd follow you and your art sooo fast. Honestly, you are cute, and you draw art well. And we are the same age, and I like that you have an interest in science. So... :blush:

Ok, lemme finish by saying I like this. :blush:

I don´t know what to say. :blush: Thank you.

Well, you can always stalk. No need for a new button. :lol:

• Brohoof 2