Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What is it with Electronic music and having anime pictures in the videos?

Discordian

Everywhere I go, at least on Youtube, the Electronic music always has some sort of anime-styled picture in it. Usually women.

Is there a reason for this? How did this come to be?

Personally I love it but it seems a little too consistent to be just a coincidence.

• Brohoof 2

Everywhere I go, at least on Youtube, the Electronic music always has some sort of anime-styled picture in it. Usually women.

Personally I love it but it seems a little too consistent to be just a coincidence.

I'm guessing it's due to vocaloid making alot of people associate electronic music with anime characters. 

At least, that's my educated guess on the matter. 

• Brohoof 4

I hadn't even thought of vocaloids. I don't really listen to them much. The only ones I even know are Hatsune Miku (seriously, who DOESN'T know her?) and a pair called Rin and somethin' else.

That COULD explain it though.

Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I guess in the case that an electric song has no words, it needs to speak lyrics by some means.  Case Closed.  :lol:

Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I guess in the case that an electric song has no words, it needs to speak lyrics by some means.  Case Closed.  :lol:

That would be understandable if it was all manner of artstyles but it's always specifically anime and a lot of it is women, usually futuristic looking ones like vocaloids like said above.

• Brohoof 1

You are just listening to the wrong electronic music, the stuff I listen to dosen't have anime pics in it. Also, maybe the people you listen to just really like anime?

That would be understandable if it was all manner of artstyles but it's always specifically anime and a lot of it is women, usually futuristic looking ones like vocaloids like said above.

I haven't really listened to any with anime women, I tend to see them with various art styles, often of which showcase the song's point or the artist in it.  But on the topic of anime, I have no clue *shrugs*

You are just listening to the wrong electronic music, the stuff I listen to dosen't have anime pics in it. Also, maybe the people you listen to just really like anime?

Well I never meant to imply that it's the ONLY style ever but there's just so much of it and I don't usually listen to the same artists. I jump around through the related videos. That could explain it though since it's keeping track of what songs I listen to, it could be tracking the type of things I'm listening to via the images as well.

I always seem to forget that cookies are what make the internet go 'round. The reason i see so much of it probably has something to do with the cookies and the related videos probably checks that.

Japan is pretty big when it comes to its scene of EDM. not only vocaloid, but their own flare of happy hardcore, gabba, speedcore etc. is all too pretty well known among some people, i'd think, which is why a lot of such EDM would contain pictures of anime girls. if you're listening to a lot of nappy hardcore/UK hardcore especially, it's bound to have a pictures of them.

that's just an assumption of mine, though.

• Brohoof 2

Well I never meant to imply that it's the ONLY style ever but there's just so much of it and I don't usually listen to the same artists. I jump around through the related videos. That could explain it though since it's keeping track of what songs I listen to, it could be tracking the type of things I'm listening to via the images as well.I always seem to forget that cookies are what make the internet go 'round. The reason i see so much of it probably has something to do with the cookies and the related videos probably checks that.

That IS most likely why. Unless if some unknown Internet god is watching over us and dictating the videos that we watch, which isn't likely... but considerably possible.

It doesn't happen with anime girls, it happens with real girls too, for some reason this brings more audience.

They usually use ecchi or something related to it to attract even more audience, and it sure works.

Search for Nicky Romero - Camorra (Original Mix), can't link that here because maybe i would get in trouble, that is an example.

Say what? lol

I'm obviously there for the Electronic above anything but the pictures help my mojo while listening. It's a good thing the images tend to fit a lot of the time though.

• 3 years later...