Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the scariest animal?

ZukoIsBestPony

So we have brain eating amoebas and 'sarcastic fringeheads' both living in the water.

Not like I ever really liked swimming, anyway...

What are you afraid of? That it's going to roll it's eyes at you to death?

That's not much of an accomplishment. More people die every year from coconuts falling on their head than they do shark attacks.

I'm not trying to say it's an "accomplishment". I was just stating why i think that particular animal is scary. You're making it seem like a competition on what kills more people. 

Why is it you have to point out these creatures kill more than sharks? If I'm swimming in an ocean, or lake, and I can't see crap... a shark coming at you 50+ mph from below... you don't even know it's coming. Bears you can see and hear more than anything. Cows you can see. But for something like a shark to come up and maybe not kill me... but lets say RIP off an arm and/or a leg or even just sink it's teeth into me is scary. Sure a bear is scary. But a shark will forever scare me. If I ever am swimming in the ocean and I see a shark, I'm supposed to calmly swim away. I'll probably get my self killed flailing my arms and legs hyper ventilating to swim to shore. You are helpless in the water. I'm not saying being mauled by a bear or something else isn't the same. It's just your in an ocean... who knows how far out and you can't even see it end. All you see is a vast body of water... FILLED with hungry sharks. Shark attacks are brutal. I studied them and like I said. I know the odds, I don't want to be a part of the odds. Because no matter how slim, you make up the odds. I've had so many dreams where it feels like I am actually there, being torn apart by a shark... unable to breathe because I'm under water (and no I don't have sleep apnea). Some of my dreams feel so real. Then I wake up and I'm petrified for at least a half an hour later still recollecting the horrific nightmare I had.

The title of this thread is "What's the scariest animal?", and I posted the animals I find the scariest.

I posted their kills-per-year information because it backs up WHY I find them the scariest.

If we're basing fear factor on dangerousness, then I may have something to contribute:

img-2581229-1-10269120_10152006869436957

How are we letting mosquitoes beat us for humans killed?

Humanity, you really need to up your game.

• Brohoof 1

That was on the first page.

How the *hell* did I miss that?

Anyway, what I think is scariest about Man is that we could go either way.  We could either blow the shit out of this planet, or evolve to make it an absolute paradise. 

I have no idea who was right bwetween Rousseau and Hobbes.

Naegleria Fowleri is an amoeba that crawls into your brain through the nose and eats gray matter until the victim hallucinates and eventually dies. They are commonly found in public pools.

That is...terrifying. Like public pools in America?

post-26070-0-25629200-1398876090_thumb.jpg

Fear this guy.

Just kidding.

I find any small parasitic creature creepy. The idea of having a worm or parasite living in your body is weird and disgusting. It's often the smallest insects/parasites/bugs that can cause the most damage.

I don't find any other animal scary or creepy. Not rats or mice or spiders! I find 'frightening' animals like sharks and lions beautiful, and their capabilities incredible.

Plus, I love rodents.

To those who keep saying 'Sharks are dangerous':

post-26070-0-94796600-1398876234_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Heheh, I mention llamas frequently on here.

I'm pretty scared of any big insect/spider that is in my house, because then it's /my/ problem to deal with it, as opposed to outside where I can let it be (I might even admire them!).

But yeah... Those giant Japanese wasps... Can it get any worse? That's one reason to not go to Tokyo...

Centipedes scare the hell out of me. :P

Squids. If you know SkyDoesMinecraft, you would understand...

Yeah, Sky is usually funny, but I don't get the hate with the squids.

Centipedes scare the hell out of me. :P

Yeah, Sky is usually funny, but I don't get the hate with the squids.

Me too. My uncle told me that they emit poison gas when I was little, but I didn't know the difference between centipedes, millipedes and caterpillars back then, so I was scared stiff of any worm-like bugs with legs. My parents didn't help, cuz they thought if I didn't think all bugs with legs were poison gas emitting killers, than I would start bringing them into the house. They were probably right but it was still really mean!

• Brohoof 2