Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Animation Error Can You Remember The Most?

Naught Important

What animation error can you remember the most?

As for me, over all other animation errors, I remember the green apple that gets spit out as a red apple the most. Even over Cyclops Noteworthy, the alicorn filly at the Magic Kindergarden, and Derpy Hooves.

I don't know why, but I don't really consider those to be animation errors, even though they really are.

If you want to know about the animation errors for the show, there is a series on Youtube called "My Little Bloopers: Mistakes are FOREVER." There, all the errors are pointed out.

Some of them are:

-Cheerilee's wrong tail

-AJ's missing freckles

-Double wing/hoof/head/horn/whatever

-Bad layering

• Brohoof 3

My memorable one has to be Big Macintosh's cutie mark error.
Because when he makes his first appearance, his apple had sparkles around it, and then it didn't as the show progressed. XD
......I don't care who you are, I found that hilarious. lol

• Brohoof 1

In Super Speedy Cider Squeezer 6000, Cheerilee had an incorrect eye color, and Flim had his magical aura not on his horn. 

And in May the Best Pet Win!, I was sure that I saw a duck incorrectly layered in front of Rainbow Dash.

Magical Mystery Cure had an eyelash error on Rainbow Dash.

That's all I can think of.

Edited by Cartophile

The most infamous and most recognizable animation error at the top of my head is the cyclop pony error in the best night ever.

img-1780221-1-Noteworthy_animation_error

I actually still haven't seen that one in-episode, I always forget to look up where its at.

As for me my most memorable are:

-Derpy (unoriginal but hey, I always know exactly where to look)

-Big Mac's sparkly apple cutie mark

-Princess Celestia's incorrectly layered tail sprouting from her cutie mark

-A few different times apple colors are messed up between scenes

-Fluttershy's lavenous wing error:

Fluttershy%27s_blue_wing_error_S1E03.png

Edited by Slaigh
  • Brohoof 7

I would have to say that my favourite is definitely Cheerilee only having 3 legs during Winter Wrap Up.  It always cracks me up a little bit.

Edited by ErBoi

My most memorable one is...

Wwll, you know this episode where Pinkie Pie babysit? Well, near the end of the piggy song, when she is about to fall, Pinkie's eyes disappear. So it looks like a zombie piggy pie lol.

Also this cyclop pony.

Cheerilee seems to have more animation errors than any other pony. So far they've got her eye colour, tail shape and even cutey mark wrong. Yes, even her cutey mark. From "Family Appreciation Day":

post-2257-0-06849400-1377411498_thumb.jpg

C'mon animators! You just failed Consistency 101! She's one of my favourite characters. Get her right.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 5

This is the most memorable that I actually noticed while watching... although it just confused me at the time, being the second episode.

post-9686-0-52037200-1377414993_thumb.jpg

And this is my favorite for general ridiculousness, along with the cyclops pony that's already been posted.

post-9686-0-87327000-1377415000_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 9

The only one that really stands out to me is in the first episode when Twilight spits out the apples and has a really weird face error for a split second. Anything else I haven't really cared to look for honestly.

Definitely Derpy Hooves, because she became a very popular pony due to her crossed eyes. Not to mention, it was the only animation error (that I can think of, at least) that people wanted to stay in the show - and as such, her animation "error" was put in on purpose for later episodes.

I guess Derpy is a pretty obvious one, so here's another I found memorable:

gaMu6AVl.jpg

I like this one because under any other circumstance this wouldn't even be an animation error at all. It's only an error if the cutie marks are supposed to be switched.

Edited by PowerStar89
  • Brohoof 8

post-7856-0-21882000-1377496161_thumb.jpg

In Sonic Rainboom, when we see the flyer competitors backstage, there's a pegasus who reuses the same brown color scheme and hourglass cutie mark of Doctor Whooves / Time Turner.  The pegasus has since been retconned into being a different character (appearing in Hurricane Fluttershy), but it was an error at the time.  It's arguable whether the error was in animation or design, simply forgetting that Whooves was already established as an earth pony in Call of the Cutie.

Edited by vikingerik
  • Brohoof 3

Swanlestia from the series premiere when Luna hugs her (and Kuna's horn simultainously phases through Celestia's neck). I notice it everytime. I haven't noticed almost any of the ones mentioned so far. Some of them are downright scary! 0.0

Edited by Dinos4Ever

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sweetie Belle, where the heck did your ear go?

post-2257-0-79636100-1378719541_thumb.jpg

Her left ear entirely disappears in this scene, which comes from "The Stare Master".

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

Well the ine I xan remeber the most was in the season 3 finale more of an over look the animation error during the coronation Cadance has her royal hair then outside at Twights speech her mane is normal

During Coronation

post-16202-0-52491400-1378722930_thumb.jpg

After Twilight's Speech (she myst be fast changer)

post-16202-0-05672700-1378722983_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I had a tough choice between Rarity's disappearing crown at the gala, or this one, but in end I must go with this one.

tumblr_mhm0vbgPnW1rzgkwfo1_500.png

What is this, I don't even- ...

• Brohoof 6

THIS ONE

post-5903-0-50036300-1378728442.jpg

HANDS DOWN

Who DOESN'T love Mr. Cyclops pony? XD This one made me laugh when I saw it...hah :P I Also like the one with Rarity without her eyelashes XD

• Brohoof 2