Thinking about selling my 360 (and possibly more stuff); needs input

Viscra Maelstrom

ideas spur from the strangest of occurences. anyway.

as the title says, i'd like some input on selling my Xbox 360. since i've really realized, i don't need, or even use, the thing all that much, and i'd need to save up money for a computer, and some other stuff, perhaps, i could help boosting that amount by getting rid of stuff i don't really use. the prime example that came to mind is my 360. since my brother uses it more than i do, i figured i could let it go somehow.

i don't know how i should sell it though, what's the smartest way to go about it. i'd rather not have gamble about such a thing as a 360, and would like to get rid of it the most efficient way.

the first thing i'd want to know is, how MUCH should i sell it for? what's fair price, what's too little and too much, etc.? i've been thinking that an average of about 150 dollars seems like a fair price for the console, maybe add on a few extra bucks for a controller to get bundled with it. i think that's all the equipment i have to it as of now. i'm not sure if this is a fair price selling it for, so i'd like to know from other people if it is?

i've been thinking that the best, probably most simple way, to get rid of it, is if my brother himself could pay like 150 bucks or so, and it'd be him owning it, not me. i would get the money i need for my stuff, he can use it to his heart's contents. he doesn't seem overly enthusiastic with the idea, though... (yes, i know it might sound selfish to sell it to my own brother, but i really could use the extra cash from selling my 360)

i'd also like to get some input, if i should sell it on someplace like eBay, is it a smart thing to do? i may have some other stuff i don't really use or need i could sell on there, maybe the odd album and game. if so, what's fair price selling music and games at?

this should conclude all i'd like to know about selling stuff. if you have any useful input or advice on this, please tell me.

KvTw2d6.png

Soundcloud---------Twitter---------Tumblr---------DeviantArt

ideas spur from the strangest of occurences. anyway.

as the title says, i'd like some input on selling my Xbox 360. since i've really realized, i don't need, or even use, the thing all that much, and i'd need to save up money for a computer, and some other stuff, perhaps, i could help boosting that amount by getting rid of stuff i don't really use. the prime example that came to mind is my 360. since my brother uses it more than i do, i figured i could let it go somehow.

i don't know how i should sell it though, what's the smartest way to go about it. i'd rather not have gamble about such a thing as a 360, and would like to get rid of it the most efficient way.

the first thing i'd want to know is, how MUCH should i sell it for? what's fair price, what's too little and too much, etc.? i've been thinking that an average of about 150 dollars seems like a fair price for the console, maybe add on a few extra bucks for a controller to get bundled with it. i think that's all the equipment i have to it as of now. i'm not sure if this is a fair price selling it for, so i'd like to know from other people if it is?

i've been thinking that the best, probably most simple way, to get rid of it, is if my brother himself could pay like 150 bucks or so, and it'd be him owning it, not me. i would get the money i need for my stuff, he can use it to his heart's contents. he doesn't seem overly enthusiastic with the idea, though... (yes, i know it might sound selfish to sell it to my own brother, but i really could use the extra cash from selling my 360)

i'd also like to get some input, if i should sell it on someplace like eBay, is it a smart thing to do? i may have some other stuff i don't really use or need i could sell on there, maybe the odd album and game. if so, what's fair price selling music and games at?

this should conclude all i'd like to know about selling stuff. if you have any useful input or advice on this, please tell me.

Glad to see you becoming a PC Gamer :) . I would sell to a friend,you can sell it at very overpriced price to a close friend if you have. Or selling it on ebay.

pewdiepiebrofistbysnowf.jpg

Glad to see you becoming a PC Gamer :) . I would sell to a friend,you can sell it at very overpriced price to a close friend if you have. Or selling it on ebay.

i've kind of been on the PC ever since i was in diapers. i'm not planning on building a gaming rig, anyway, moreso something that's for media production and the like. music stuff, art stuff, etc.

KvTw2d6.png

Well, it dependes on the model. Slims used can go for maybe 200, while the older ones 100-150. Or al least thats what I found out on ebay.

it's an Arcade model, from what i can remember. don't know if it's one of the older, bigger ones, or if it's a slim model, though. i guess i can check for that.

KvTw2d6.png

I've actually been considering selling my Xbox 360 as well recently.

I remember a while back my brother offered to me that if I were to sell my 360 he'd help me buy a PS3.

Now I kinda wish I took him up on his offer, I declined because I didn't want to restart my library (which with further examination is only like 10 games) and that most my friends were on Xbox (I don't play online multiplayer anything really, and I've grown distant from those friends in recent times).

There's a few Playstation games I'd love to play that aren't on the Xbox 360. Namely, Ni No Kuni is due out early next year as a PS3 exclusive which is kinda a bummer to me.

I actually was thinking about doing this by myself this holiday, but what mainly held me back was a bit of foresight. Right now I look at my GameCube which I've recently restored and I have NOTHING left for it. Its kinda tragic really.

I might not hold nearly that much respect for the Xbox 360, but still I did have some fond memories with it, so I guess keeping it would be in my better interests. Even if I don't use it all that often.

---

As for you, I don't know. Not sure how much exactly you value games. I feel regret for giving up all my stuff for my GameCube, so I stopped trading in stuff completely to avoid that again.

But if you don't value games or consoles as much as I do then you'd probably have much to gain in selling it. Especially if its to get a gaming PC.

I really recommend everyone to invest in a gaming PC if they're serious about games. PC has more options, will forever be a gaming platform, is far superior in nearly every way, and if the industry keeps going as it does, computers will completely wipe out consoles.

[New siggy in progress!]

heres a interesting strategy when it comes to selling it. look on craigslist or ebay or wherever you plan to sell, get the average price figured out, then list it for 20-30 less. you might not get as much money, but you wont be sitting on it as long, waiting for someone to come along with that extra 20 bucks to spend. i actually did this with a Wii once. had it up for $150 (average going price at the time) and sat on it for a month, so i dropped the price to $120 and had it sold in less then 24 hours. its better to have cash in your hand then wait around to get your full asking price when it comes to selling anything. good luck if you choose to sell anything!

"If all I care about in life is the imprints I make in this world, then the most I'll ever leave is a grave."

"Heres your apology, heres to burning out, and heres to fading away"

http://ponies-n-stuff.tumblr.com/

Going to repeat what sks said an say list it for slightly less.

Also, how many games do you have and what condition are they in? Are they newer or older? Do you have a hard drive with it? How many controllers? You can increase the price with those.

1449795.png

Going to repeat what sks said an say list it for slightly less.

Also, how many games do you have and what condition are they in? Are they newer or older? Do you have a hard drive with it? How many controllers? You can increase the price with those.

i do have a few games, and they seem to be in mostly good condition. some games i've had problems with running though. i do have GOW 1 and 2, i believe, Mirror's Edge, Final Fantasy XIII (though i don't think i'll be able to sell that one), Halo 3 ODST, and some more stuff. i do have a harddrive with it yes but i don't think it's mine, i think my brother actually bought it. only one controller it has, i believe.

KvTw2d6.png

i do have a few games, and they seem to be in mostly good condition. some games i've had problems with running though. i do have GOW 1 and 2, i believe, Mirror's Edge, Final Fantasy XIII (though i don't think i'll be able to sell that one), Halo 3 ODST, and some more stuff. i do have a harddrive with it yes but i don't think it's mine, i think my brother actually bought it. only one controller it has, i believe.

You may be able to increase the price by about $10-$20. Not very much considering someone has o buy a hard drive and stuff.

Still a decent boost though. Good luck.

1449795.png