Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seriously, why so sad?

Rainbow    Dash

And also, you're forgetting one important fact. Some of those songs actually carry a deeper meaning other than the headcanon imagination for it. A Final Twilight, the song you mentioned, was made because the guy who made it was leaving for the basic training in military, and this would basically mean he'd be away from the fandom until he came back a lot of time later, which was why he was sad. Using Twilight and his song is a great way to express it. So no, not all of the sad songs are just imagination. Sometimes the music carries not only imagination but the current feelings of the musician. :(

I know he was using that song for his thing but it was sad for me for two reasons.1 was that he explained it was about Twilight Leaving her friends in the middle of the night cause she had another important task celestia wanted her to do and her time in ponyville was up.I mean she left because she that that was best but she left a note for them(the song) 2 I was looking into joining the armed forces,like him, and i was reflecting on what i would be giving up. and oh god i think im going to cry

Alright I want to know why the fan made brony music is so sad and depressing. Songs like A Final Twilight by Matthew Mosier and Home(zecoras theme) come to mind. I thought this was an upbeat show. Instead of being happy i find myself fighting back MANLY tears.

Why has no one ever heard of M_Pallante and his awesomeness?

Reasonably happy songs (With the exception of "Party" here: http://bronyrock.com/album/celestial-music-inspired-by-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic).  Go listen.  Seriously, this guy is the most underrated Brony musician...

Alright I will listen to his songs when I get home on a real computer not on a IPhone. What are some sad pony music artists for me to listen to?

If you want sad or spiritual type songs try Of Fond Memories, Griffin Village(Gilda) not sure of the artists name cause im blanking right now. Be warned though, you will try to fight back tears if you go down this path.

• Brohoof 1

I agree, but I think that most of the songs are happy and upbeat, but some of them are really dark and sad. Not just with the lyrics, but with the melody and instruments and whatnot.

I tried to read My little Dashie but it was too long and i hate reading so i just skipped a few paragraphs until i got to the end. wasnt that sad.

Haha this is better than the original. I danced to this while everyone in my house looked at me as they were figuring out if i was having a seizure or mental breakdown. i think it was a little bit of both

Well, some people cry because they have gone through something similar. Well, not entirely. But, certain parts people can connect to. If I think about it, in someway, this is an analogy to something that happened in my life awhile ago. There are certain songs that I have cried over because I connect to them. How many paragraphs did you skip? I know it was a few, but some were very important.

Well, some people cry because they have gone through something similar. Well, not entirely. But, certain parts people can connect to. If I think about it, in someway, this is an analogy to something that happened in my life awhile ago. There are certain songs that I have cried over because I connect to them. How many paragraphs did you skip? I know it was a few, but some were very important.

all i know about the story is *spoilers* A guy(the author perhaps?)was going through a heavy loss and was super depressed until he found filly RD in a box raised her and she left him as per Celestias orders.

I finished reading this and it was really, really sad :( . I couldn't imaging being that guy(though I do wish I could own a pony in real life <_< ) The ending gave me small hope though as Rainbow-Dash taught him to live life.

If somepony played this in public I would just go crazy with the dancing. This is a happy club-dancing song :lol:

Also, I have thought about that before. This is the thought that immediately went into my head afterward I read the fic. God, it made me cry for longer than I should of.

all i know about the story is *spoilers* A guy(the author perhaps?)was going through a heavy loss and was super depressed until he found filly RD in a box raised her and she left him as per Celestias orders.

You know what it is about. I mean, at least you thought it was sad. If you didn't think it was sad, than that would be bad. I haven't met a single person who didn't think it was sad.

If you want sad or spiritual type songs try Of Fond Memories, Griffin Village(Gilda) not sure of the artists name cause im blanking right now. Be warned though, you will try to fight back tears if you go down this path.

Have you listened to Joaftheloafs music. I cried, a lot. Some of these songs had topics that I never thought of. What makes me cry even more, is that he is a good singer, and his music is so beautiful I could cry because it is so beautiful

Edited by Full Spectrum

Have you listened to Joaftheloafs music. I cried, a lot. Some of these songs had topics that I never thought of. What makes me cry even more, is that he is a good singer, and his music is so beautiful I could cry because it is so beautiful

Oh no...Im on his youtube playlist and im going to listen to all his songs and try and see if this is sad or not. If i cry, im going to rage quit the internet.

For globs sake! I am on the path to rage quitting the internet. I always thought Scootaloo lived with Cheerilee but after hearing this version of Scootaloo i shed 1 tear.

Yeah I can agree to that post you made. Those songs aren't that hard to make if you're a good music artist. I like sad song's because I like the soothing beat and the lyrics in them. I like happy song's as well but those are my favorite.

Edited by RDashFan85

did a little bit of research and there are two theories that fit into what im talking about. the First is Shared Pain theory which is basically a social tool that the artist may use to express pain he/she is going through via their song. another is called The Prolactin theory which when summed up is when listening to sad music the Hormone is released to counter any depressive episodes you might have(i think im not 100% sure on this theory).

Maybe because sad music allows relation through emotions, and people like to relate to music. Besides, I personally like sad music.

That said, though, I do have a lot of happy music on my iPod that I like to listen to, and a lot of it is brony music. So not all brony music is sad.

Edited by whoovesfan7698