Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Am I the only one who enjoyed Fable III?

Yes-Man

Everywhere I go, I see "OGM FABLE 3 SUX""FABLE:TLC FTW""FABLE 3 IS S--T"

It's honestly not as bad a people make it out to be. It's a good game on it's own, but it's meh compared to the rest of the series. I enjoyed it overall, it's a pretty good game, and I'm obviously the only person who feels this way.

• Brohoof 1

I have never heard anyone say flat out that it sucks, I actually heard it was one of the best games for the Xbox 360 and it didn't take me long to figure out why. The whole concept of power struggles is fairly common but it is a very interesting twist on it, you could be just as evil or even more evil than your brother the king, be the good guy or just be neutral. Add some interesting supporting characters, good gameplay with a variety of different weapons and you have a pretty solid game. I don't know how it compares to the rest of the series but I am looking forward to finding out.

Everywhere I go, I see "OGM FABLE 3 SUX""FABLE:TLC FTW""FABLE 3 IS S--T"

It's honestly not as bad a people make it out to be. It's a good game on it's own, but it's meh compared to the rest of the series. I enjoyed it overall, it's a pretty good game, and I'm obviously the only person who feels this way.

Compared to most fable games most ponies didn't like it. Fable 3 was really rushed and buggy... [Had to collect all 50 legendary weapons three times because of lionhead studios and their stupid buggy patches. >_>]

The first fable was by far the best.

second fable was pretty good. Story was alright but lacked 2 player co-op freedom.

three was more so focused on online interaction. They had a good multiplayer and battle system. However the story was very rushed. You would beat the game sticking to story in about 6-8 hours. There were some side quests but you'd eventually run out. Fable three was a good game, but it did have some bad features to it.

(edited)

I have never heard anyone say flat out that it sucks, I actually heard it was one of the best games for the Xbox 360 and it didn't take me long to figure out why. The whole concept of power struggles is fairly common but it is a very interesting twist on it, you could be just as evil or even more evil than your brother the king, be the good guy or just be neutral. Add some interesting supporting characters, good gameplay with a variety of different weapons and you have a pretty solid game. I don't know how it compares to the rest of the series but I am looking forward to finding out.

It's an excellent game, I do recomend it. Just remember this:Make as much money as you can, that's all I'll say.

It's better than Fable 2 in some aspects such as{SPOILER}

It actually had a boss fight and not just some one shot, he's dead thing

Edited by Yes_Man234

Yay a Fable thread. 

I personally liked fable 3, admittedly not as much as fable 2 but it was a great game nether the less, i felt the story was solid and the game play mechanics were good. and there is alot of replayabillity to the game.

However the only flaw i find in the game is 

SPOILER

Either way at the end of the game you are fucked, so the second time i played it i purchased every house and shop and amassed the gold to be all good but not kill any one.

EDIT: 

DLC is good the game especially after completion of the main story, and me being a huge fable fan i have bought pretty much all and have been satisfied with them.

Edited by pettenuzzo

Personally, I loved Fable III and own the Limited Edition for Xbox 360 and normal for PC (being the first person to achieve every achievement on PC for the game on both Xbox360achievements.org and Trueachievements.com alike (both achievement tracking websites)), I also own the Fable III limited edition controller :)

What I loved about Fable III was the story, yes i agree it was a tad rushed but meh. I was a tad disappointed in the way they restructured some of the areas such as Bowerstone Market (wheres the Gargoyle Cove gone >:'( ), some people have had the misfortune in having glitchy games where keys and gnomes aren't showing up but personally haven't had this problem. Personally I have preferred the PC version over the Xbox version for as its easier to sort out the saves (least I found it was) probably cause it came out at a later date and they did something. 

Story wise, it flowed amazingly and had some top notch celebrity VAs such as Stephen Fry, Johnathon Ross, John Cleese, Simon Pegg and many others. The way they didn't have all the legendary weapons in one play through was cool but sometimes annoying and the way that they leveled up as you used them. 

The ending was a bit weird, i found. Being that when you defeated the boss, I didn't feel any satisfaction or believe it was actually defeated. And the way that it flowed so well into the DLC was brilliant.

But thats all from me ;)

Everyone has their choice in their opinion. No matter how good the Fables have gotten it will never beat the classic, nothing is better than the classic :P Fable > Fable II > Fable III and I love Fable III

-Parsley  

I liked Fable III more than Fable II, in my opinion. My only dissappointments being the story was far far too short, but what I played up to that point I enjoyed.

People often dislike something if it doesn't live up to the hype. Which, as someone who usually doesn't get caught up in hype (Skyrim, notwithstanding. x3), I find such criticisms to be absolutely meaningless to me.

Edited by Jadefire

I liked Fable 3, I did three play-throughs of the game so I could see if the endings differed in the second half of the game

I think up until you become King/Queen the game is great! The combats pretty solid and the combining of spells is much better than what they did in Fable 2.

The problem with the game is the second half, being a monarch isn't that fun and the story line just falls flat at that point. It's very difficult to be a good ruler while saving Albion. The first half was awesome, the second was pretty bland.

I liked Fable III more than Fable II, in my opinion. My only dissappointments being the story was far far too short, but what I played up to that point I enjoyed.

People often dislike something if it doesn't live up to the hype. Which, as someone who usually doesn't get caught up in hype (Skyrim, notwithstanding. x3), I find such criticisms to be absolutely meaningless to me.

Yeah I see what you mean, there are several cases where the sequel isn't as good as the original but that doesn't always mean that it sucks especially if the series is a good one. I have played Fable III but not the others yet so I will get back to you on which one I like better.

Yes.

I've never played it. However, it didn't look as good as the other games. Specifically the controls. I don't understand how they figured button mashing was such a good idea.

I prefer Fable 2 but Fable 3 was a great game. The story was well done too. I'll never forget Sir Walter from Fable 3.

tumblr_m4n7r0Mbp01qja31vo1_400.png

I loved this guy. He was like a father to me. When he (spoiler alert) died near the end of the game I almost started to cry. I know he wasn't a real person just a video game character but I grew attached to him (I tend to cling to folks who are very kind to me). I'll never forget this guy. 

• Brohoof 2

Been a fan of the Fable series since the beginning and loved every single one.

Multiple playthroughs, special Fable 3 360 control and 100% achievements god I loved thst game.

I prefer Fable 2 but Fable 3 was a great game. The story was well done too. I'll never forget Sir Walter from Fable 3.

img-1049550-2-tumblr_m4n7r0Mbp01qja31vo1

Yes, you cannot forget Sir Walter Beck voiced by King Theron of Rohan :P

He was indeed one of the best characters of Fable III :P

Edited by Parsleyshy

I loved Fable 3, much more then Fable 2. To have the power of being a king and making decisions makes you think hard on what the consequences will be.

Now we all know Fable: TLC is the best, but seconds place definitely comes Fable 3 :)

and before we go any further on the subject I would like to say one thing.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLS!!!!!!!!!! *echos*

Edited by Vedana Purity
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, you cannot forget Sir Walter Beck voiced by King Theron of Rohan :P

He was indeed one of the best characters of Fable III :P

Agreed. When Sir Walter died I felt like I had lost someone as if he was a real person. I guess I reacted this way because I'm an emotional fellow. 

Edited by Mighty E.

Fable. The first rpg i ever played. Ah the memories

fable 2: my favourite game for 2 years.

Fable 3: while not as good still got a couple of months

the one problem is i find it too easy to be evil. I find bieng good isnt rewarding enough as bieng evil is much easir and most of the time, more rewarding.

I loved all three of the Fable games, although the first is by far the best. I do respect the third game however for taking a much different direction, unlike the Fable II which was, in my opinion, little more than an inferior version of the original.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to say, but Fable III was a horrible game. It was just... so bad! I loved the first one, found the second one okay at best but the third. Just... god

No, you're not the only one. I quite liked it myself, even more than part II, but I still have to say the first game was the best one for me...I really miss the ability to pull off a flourish attack by simply hitting B as opposed to holding down the attack button while pressing the stick in a certain direction. It just made combat feel kind of sludgy to me.

I think the thing that got most people's panties in a twist about part III was the fact that you had to make some obscene amount of gold before the final act of the game is finished, but honestly, all you really need to do is amass enough gold to buy out all businesses you can, and then presto, you can leave the game running for a few hours while you go out to dinner and find a nice sum when you return. Should you really have to play that kind of waiting game? Probably not, but it wasn't as game-breaking an experience for me as it seemed to be for others.

Of course, once I found out about the Elder Scrolls games I was like..."Fable? Fable Who?" There's something much more appealing to me about the harsh, medieval nature of those games as opposed to the almost fairytale-like atmosphere of the Fable series, but I guess that's why it's called Fable. Though if a part IV were to come out, I'd most likely get it. I just hope it'd be closer to the original game where clothing had actual armor value as opposed to making it a game of dress-up.

No, you're not the only one. I quite liked it myself, even more than part II, but I still have to say the first game was the best one for me...I really miss the ability to pull off a flourish attack by simply hitting B as opposed to holding down the attack button while pressing the stick in a certain direction. It just made combat feel kind of sludgy to me.

I think the thing that got most people's panties in a twist about part III was the fact that you had to make some obscene amount of gold before the final act of the game is finished, but honestly, all you really need to do is amass enough gold to buy out all businesses you can, and then presto, you can leave the game running for a few hours while you go out to dinner and find a nice sum when you return. Should you really have to play that kind of waiting game? Probably not, but it wasn't as game-breaking an experience for me as it seemed to be for others.

Of course, once I found out about the Elder Scrolls games I was like..."Fable? Fable Who?" There's something much more appealing to me about the harsh, medieval nature of those games as opposed to the almost fairytale-like atmosphere of the Fable series, but I guess that's why it's called Fable. Though if a part IV were to come out, I'd most likely get it. I just hope it'd be closer to the original game where clothing had actual armor value as opposed to making it a game of dress-up.

I agree with almost everything you said, except the part about the Elder Scrolls series. I like them both equally. But, yeah, I really wish they would go back to making armor that actually functioned as armor instead of just looking pretty. The first game is still definitely the best though.

• Brohoof 1

I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE Fable III. I've played it through several times, on computer though not on X-box. The story is interesting and the graphics are nice. I agree that there are far more better games out there the Fable but it's still a good game.