Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else enjoys eating croutons on their own?

Redeye

The title says all. I personally prefer to eat croutons without the salad around it because they're so delicious. They're crunchy and garlic-y, and I would eat a whole bag of them if I could. I also like to eat them with ranch dressing sometimes.

Does anyone else like them without there being a salad around them?

• Brohoof 4

Croutons are kind of bland just by themselves. I wouldn't eat them alone, and in general I don't eat a lot of salad.

Used to be a guilty pleasure of mine pre high school days, and then my palette changed and croutons became too dry to eat alone. I honestly don't really like them in salads either nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

Croutons are kind of bland just by themselves. I wouldn't eat them alone, and in general I don't eat a lot of salad.

My friend, you have obviously never experienced the joy things like this

cheesegarlic_big.jpg

I will literally sit there and eat those little bastards straight out of the bag like potato chips.

My friend, you have obviously never experienced the joy things like this

cheesegarlic_big.jpg

I will literally sit there and eat those little bastards straight out of the bag like potato chips.

I can see the appeal, just not something I would do personally. I could see myself eating those dipped in thousand island.

I don't recall ever eating croutons by themselves but they are one of my favorite salad items.  When I was a kid I used to call them "bread cubes".  :P  I like bread and starchy foods in general so yeah, in my opinion, croutons are pretty awesome. 

• Brohoof 1

Omg I finally found somebody else who loves croutons as much as me! I love them with salads, soup, and other stuff too.. and I love dipping them in ranch! I can eat them aloe though, cause when I was younger and we went out to eat I would steal dads croutons from him salad xD

I don't like eating croutons alone.. All by myself. With no-one here beside me!! But you gotta have Frieeends!!

Anywho, generally even still I leave them to the side of my salad and eat them last. I'm not sure why. But never without salad on the plate first.

I don't know why you'd eat em' out of the box. You'd have to be pretty hungry. I guess it's like preparing everything for the meal and eating all the ingredients without cooking. Just doesn't seem right to me.

I guess it would be fine if you had garlic Aioli dip or something.

• 5 years later...
  • The title was changed to Who else enjoys eating croutons on their own?
  • 2 months later...

If I use croutons I make them myself (taste much better)  and then I don't eat them on their own and I also don't like them in my salad. I use them normally to fill potato dumplings and even this is pretty rare. So I use them very rarely in general.

• Brohoof 1