Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else paces back and forth?

Judgement

I pace when I'm thinking about something.

I am EXACTLY the same. If I'm thinking about something, or imagining something, I'll pace as I do so (much top the annoyance of my friends, which is why I've learnt not to around them). When I'm alone and I'm thinking of something particularly exciting I'll jump around my bedroom like a lunatic, too.

• Brohoof 2

If I manage to actually get into a thinking frenzy I don't just pace back and forth. I walk around. I will walk around my tiny little room or even through my whole house. I have no idea why I do this, but I do and its slightly irritating once I notice that I'm doing it.

• Brohoof 2

Pacing tends to help me think, so I can usually be found pacing back and forth when I'm deep in thought or listening intently to my music. My sister has threatened me with bodily harm for doing it because I apparently sound like a herd of elephants.

• Brohoof 2

I tend to daydream randomly and I tend to make all sorts of weird things. Like, I would act like I'm acting out a scene or I would just pace around the kitchen. Then again, I pace because I'm bored and, like someone stated, I can't stay in one place.

• Brohoof 2

I tend to pace back and forth without realizing it from time to time. My mother apparently hates the habit since she always yells at me to stop. So, I pace at a faster rate. I tend to do it a lot when waiting for someone as well or when waiting for food to be cooked and mostly just when stressed or thinking.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 2

I do. I often do this while talking to myself at the same time, usually about video games.

My grandma greatly dislikes it when I do this. She usually fusses about it. I can't help it. I wish I could tell her it's an uncontrollable mannerism.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Well, I tend to pace in more of a circular pattern, but I do sometimes pace back and forth.

Regardless it tends to be when i'm just not able to do anything, or when I'm about to leave for somewhere and i've got all my things ready, and i'm just kinda waiting for someone else to get ready so we can leave.

Which I guess is basically still when i'm not able to do anything.

I also do sometimes when I really have to pee, but I can't currently attend to that need for whatever reason.

There's probably other things I pace for, but I can't think of them.

I was pacing around just recently while outside helping my dad set up his grill, my brother saw me and after a while he was like "Stop pacing..." and I'm just like, "I can't just stand here..."

I think sometimes I just can't stand still ;p.

When I'm on the phone I always pace back and forth. I don't know why, but I just can't stand still. Sometimes it's more of a circle or, more accurately, a multi-point star. I'll sort of edge around the room going in to different corners and back out.

• Brohoof 1

When I'm on the phone I always pace back and forth. I don't know why, but I just can't stand still. Sometimes it's more of a circle or, more accurately, a multi-point star. I'll sort of edge around the room going in to different corners and back out.

^ This. I tend to walk around my room when i'm talking on the phone, hugging the walls is part of my own pattern. When i'm outside, using my cellphone, i will usually unknowingly migrate towards the nearest wall and start walking along it. I don't know why i do it, i just do.

• 2 weeks later...

I start walking when I have an exciting thought or idea. And since I´m usually in a room when I have such, I walk in circles. Not exactly pacing back and forth, but still...

An exciting thought causes me to walk, and a good walk helps me to think.

• Brohoof 1

I do this a lot. It really helps me think and I tend to find things a lot easier after pacing for a bit. I also do it whenever I'm worried or excited. I tend to get really agitated whenever someone doesn't let me do it though. I would start to get out of my chair at school before remembering I wasn't allowed to walk and sitting back down. Always frustrated me.

• Brohoof 1

Constantly, throughout the day. Whether it be while talking to someone, while thinking of ideas, while eating, while just pacing to relax, I'm always walking