Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else paces back and forth?

Judgement

I walk in circles actually. After I had back surgery a couple years ago the doc wanted me to walk a mile or more every day, so I started walking laps around my apartment building, and now I mostly do it indoors, around the coffee table in my living room, over and over and over again. It helps me think.  

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to pace back and forth a lot back in the days. But I replaced it with actual walking (a long distance per day) which caused most of my problems to disappear.

• Brohoof 1

Me when at the end of a case in the Forensics section of Trauma Team for Nintendo Wii, where I need to present the evidence cards that shows the truth of how the victim died. The music makes good pacing music

• 6 months later...

Sort of yes.

I cannot remain still for very long. If I'm standing, I'm gonna walk around. If I'm lying in bed, I'm gonna toss and turn. If I'm sitting, I'm gonna cross and uncross my legs or change which way I'm leaning (unless I'm already toe-tapping and head-bobbing because I have music playing). It has nothing to do with my emotional state.

But in practice, pacing is super rare for me because I almost never stand up without a destination in mind.

Thus, when I do end up pacing, it's usually because I tried to do two things at once, one of them required standing up, then I forgot why I stood up, but I'm already in the middle of the second task and I don't want to interrupt it just to figure out what the first task was. :worry: So there I am standing for no reason, and the need for motion kicks in.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2020-07-12 at 2:24 PM, Ixrec said:

Sort of yes.

I cannot remain still for very long. If I'm standing, I'm gonna walk around. If I'm lying in bed, I'm gonna toss and turn. If I'm sitting, I'm gonna cross and uncross my legs or change which way I'm leaning (unless I'm already toe-tapping and head-bobbing because I have music playing). It has nothing to do with my emotional state.

But in practice, pacing is super rare for me because I almost never stand up without a destination in mind.

Thus, when I do end up pacing, it's usually because I tried to do two things at once, one of them required standing up, then I forgot why I stood up, but I'm already in the middle of the second task and I don't want to interrupt it just to figure out what the first task was. :worry: So there I am standing for no reason, and the need for motion kicks in.

I feel quite similar to this! Mostly, it's to relieve a ton of energy that makes it difficult for me to do much of anything. Otherwise I would be constantly tapping my feet or something like that.

Sometimes out of nervousness too, but I tend to try and distract myself to get myself mentally prepared for whatever it is I'm nervous about instead of only pacing.

• Brohoof 1