Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else paces back and forth?

Judgement

I couldn't find a thread like this so I appologize if there is one.

This is a weird habit that I have adapted. I want to know if I am the only one who paces back and forth. I do it when I think, I do it when I'm bored, and I do it when I eat. I thought I'd start a topic like this because it totally ticks my entire family off. So... Who else paces back and forth?

I pace back and forth when I'm talking ~-~

I pace when I am deep in thought on a particular topic/subject or when I am really stressed out, to often such overlaps.

Generally if I'm bored and am waiting to leave for somewhere, I'll just be walking around the room trying to kill time. Maybe I'll have my phone out as well, browsing the forums.

(edited)

I do quite often I might add. Back and forth and circularly.

I do too, not because I'm thinking or worried but just to pass the time.   :)

Edited by mcpon14

I'll pace around a small area whenever I'm deep in conversation with my little sis or - even moreso - my best friend, from whom I picked up this habit in the first place. It's funny when we both pace during a conversation because we each follow intricate paths that intertwine with one another, yet we've never once collided.

I also wander all around the house when I'm deep in thought/daydreaming, provided no one else is home, of course.

• Brohoof 1

I consistently pace around in one circumstance - when I'm having a conversation over the phone. It's really hard for me to stay still in that circumstance for some reason. Although I tend to pace when the conversation is actually stimulating and exciting, or when I'm nervous. On occasion, I'll also pace around the house/my room when I'm thinking as well. When I'm thinking really hard about something and have a million ideas all at once. I just get so enthusiastic that my body feels this insatiable urge to move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do it all the time. People think I spend most of my day in my room on my computer, but in fact, most of my day involves talking to myself while walking back and forth across my room or house, depending on if anyone is home or not.