gaming What are your favorite video game one-liners?

ReGen

Of course, being a Sonic fan, my two favorite one-liners are the following:

Or pretty much everything Eggman says in SA. mlp-celulz.png

And... Of course...

There's no way nobody laughed while fighting him. mlp-trcheerful.png

But it can get annoying after a while.... mlp-lsad.png

"I keep the walking on the right side, but I won't judge the next who handles walking on the wrong. 'Cause that's how he wants to be. No difference, see."

"Snake? Snake! Snaaaaaaaaaaake!"

Nah, my favorite (which, now that I think about it, is more of just an awesome quote) is from the opening of New Vegas:

"From where you're kneeling it must seem like an eighteen-carat run of bad luck. But, truth is...the game was rigged from the start."

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 2

oOo RIP Forums Writing Centre ;_; oOo

Of course, being a Sonic fan, my two favorite one-liners are the following:

Or pretty much everything Eggman says in SA. img-1060282-1-mlp-celulz.png

And... Of course...

There's no way nobody laughed while fighting him. img-1060282-2-mlp-trcheerful.png

But it can get annoying after a while.... img-1060282-3-mlp-lsad.png

I think you mean't to say "There's no way nopony* laughed while fighting him"

Also for me? From Baulders Gate Dark Alliance 2. If you play as Drizzt in a city and try to attack, he says "This is not the place, nor the time" in the coolest voice.

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, RIP." - Adam Jensen, I just love how he says it. It's so dismissive and nonchalant of the brutal death of someone's friend.

"Footballs are made of leather, are you saying that all footballs are suspicious?" - Just one of many lines from Ace Attorney banter

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

Every. Single. One-liner. From. Team Fortress 2. Is absolutely. Brilliant. Amazing. Etc.

My personal favorites are.

Pop quiz; How long does it take to beat a moron to death. Blam. Sorry, times up, you're dead. -Scout

Scotland is not a real country, you are an Englishman in a dress! -Soldier

Oi! You're bleeding gravy fatso! -Sniper

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 3

Where's that DAMN Fourth chaos emerald?

Shadow The Hedgehog (Shadow The Hedgehog 2006 game)

Why do i like it so much? Well because it was the first swear word i heard in a video game.

Shadow must love saying that word. Every time you die, it's "Damn! Not here..." mlp-lewgay.png

Like really, chill out, Shadow. You're in an E10+ game, not T!

• Brohoof 1

"I keep the walking on the right side, but I won't judge the next who handles walking on the wrong. 'Cause that's how he wants to be. No difference, see."

"vai a farti fottere" (Italian for go fuck yourself)~Ezio Auditore Assassins Creed II to the pope

"Wow, I have never seen a talking mutt before, you know in a dog show you would take first place."~Dante Devil May Cry III to Cerberus

• Brohoof 1

Just about EVERYTHING Gordon Freeman says could be anyones favorite one-liner. He really makes you think, and he puts time into his insults. Here's my favorite quote.

Edited by Middnight Snack

jbiuvuhvu_by_middnightsnack-d5qpj7g.jpg

"I'm afraid that you all know that I am a pervert" ~Andrew Jackson Jihad

"You're merely postponing the inevitable,"- Albert Wesker from Resident Evil 5 when fighting him the second time

"You failed me!"- yet another one-liner from Wesker in the mercenaries co-op

My main OCs:           Previously known as:

Azure Scythe             Thatoneguy42

Strafe Run                 Azure Scythe

Angela Audiophile   Azurepony4269

"Everywhere you go, everything you do, it's always nothing but death pain an miseries!" - Ice - T voicing Griffin in Gears of War 3

I'll have many more of these later.

"The dead don't talk. I don't know why." - Odd Thomas

"You want to take the easy way out because if you try and fail there's only you to blame.  But you know what?  Life is scary.  Get used to it.  There are no magical fixes.  It's all up to you.  So get up, get out there, and go start doing the work."
"Nothing worth having in this life comes easy." - Shadow Chaser
Night Apples - A Luna x Mac romance fic. It's cute. Trust me.
OIF 07-09 Veteran

This isn't exactly a one-liner, but it's definitely one of my favorite quotes from a video game of all time.

"There it was, the soundtrack to my life. And, for a few seconds, came harmony. Finally."

Max Payne says this in Max Payne 3, at a point where he sits down and plays a little sad tune on the piano. Out of context, it may not seem like much, but if you've played the game and past games in the series, it's definitely more significant. Very emotional.

As far as one-liners go...

"NYARGLEBARGLE!"

-Bowser Jr. in "Paper Mario: Sticker Star"

Edited by TheTEChguy27

Pretty much anything GLaDOS says in both Portal games :)

"Did you know that people with guilty consciences are more easily startled by loud noises-[train horn] I'm sorry, I don't know why that went off."

"Don't let that horrible-person thing discourage you. It's just a data point. If it makes you feel any better, science has now validated your birth mother's decision to abandon you on a doorstep."

"Most people emerge from suspension terribly undernourished. I want to congratulate you on beating the odds and somehow managing to pack on a few pounds."

The Monkey Island series also has some good ones:

"Guybrush: “I’m looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.”
Cannibal: “I don’t think I want to hear any more about it”"

Well, there is one quote that I really like alot...

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" -- Vaas.

Well, pretty much anything Ash says in any of the old Evil Dead games is good. He' s a one- liner machine, and of course there's  Duke Nukem. I could also find a lot by combing through the Assassin' s Creed games too.

The only specific one I can think of off the top of my head is from Connor of AC3. "I will not die today. The same cannot be said for you."

• Brohoof 1

"War, war never changes..." - Fallout Announcer

Really my favorite because of how truthful it is, not to mention the epic story that follows it.

"Intro, intro never changes..."

jbiuvuhvu_by_middnightsnack-d5qpj7g.jpg

"I'm afraid that you all know that I am a pervert" ~Andrew Jackson Jihad

"I'd tell you that I cared, but that would be lying, and that would be wrong." - Koal, from Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

AW:DS was one of my favorite turn based strategy games of all time. I still enjoy it to this day. :)

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!" - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

All the more with that, original crappy/sexy voice of the original dubbing cast. Because the redub just sounds like a bunch of typical whiny anime characters.

• Brohoof 1

"Never give no manipulative bitch the benefit of the doubt" - Compa's grandpa...