Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think my friend is slowly being converted to the brony side...

DoctorWhovian1902

Here's the story, today at fencing I was playing the song "Spectrum" by AcousticBrony over a speaker we have there. My friend, a non-brony/hater (somewhere in between that) didn't know the song was MLP inspired or even the artist. He said he liked it and wanted it on his iPod. I then explained it was MLP: FiM inspired, and, surprisingly, he was fine with it and still wanted it on his iPod.

I say "surprisingly" because a little while back, I was showing him some piano music he liked, and when I told him it was from Minecraft (a game he didn't like but does now), he said "oh, I thought it was good." So to have him not say anything negative about the song after finding out it was about MLP? I consider that an achievement.

So that's my story for the day. I'm sure he's curious about the fandom now, so it's only a matter of time...(Discord laugh).

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 3

Well let's hope he becomes a brony so you'll have fellow bronies IRL. ;)  One of my friends also got me into MLP with a song that was MLP inspired. Can't thank him enough. :P AND I got one of my other friends into MLP just because I have Twilight as my profile picture on skype. :P

So yea, it's only a matter of time now. :)

• Brohoof 1

I'd say you're at a good start! It may not be much, but little by little he'll start liking the show. I mean, he looks cool about the song being from MLP, so I don't think it'll be hard convincing him to like it.

I wanted to convert my friend into a brony, so I showed her this:

^ Pretty boss video if you ask me. Can probably convince him in a heartbeat after he watches this! :) It won't be hard, he sounds like he could be a possible brony. So, show him that video, and see if he's interested! Good luck! Hopefully we'll have another brony....

• Brohoof 3

appreciation for music isn't the same as being converted i would say.

While that is true, it helps the conversion process to know that not everything that spawns from us is awful and likely endorsed by Satan himself.  I practically converted my sister simply with 'Knights of Time and Space' by BagpipeBrony (sp?).  While it doesn't necessarily lead to complete assimilation, it can help pique their interest and at least give them a chance to choose to watch the show on their own without the thoughts of, "I'm only watching this so that I can point out its flaws and stupidity."

• Brohoof 2

I'd say you're at a good start! It may not be much, but little by little he'll start liking the show. I mean, he looks cool about the song being from MLP, so I don't think it'll be hard convincing him to like it.

I wanted to convert my friend into a brony, so I showed her this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsS-6-gxb30

^ Pretty boss video if you ask me. Can probably convince him in a heartbeat after he watches this! :) It won't be hard, he sounds like he could be a possible brony. So, show him that video, and see if he's interested! Good luck! Hopefully we'll have another brony....

*Watches video*

(By the end of it) Holy crap, that was awesome. I'm showing him that, no questions asked.

appreciation for music isn't the same as being converted i would say. Not to mention I think the word coversion is a little mis-used here as you have not mentioned if he had given the show an honest viewing.

True, and he hasn't seen the show (yet), but the fact that he didn't seem to care that much that the song was based on MLP definitely shows something, because, as far as I've seen, this is a bit out of character for him. Like I said, the fact that he didn't make a negative statement about bronies, the show, or the song after I explained what it's based on may be a sign of a bright future.

i do believe that that is a step in the direction of becoming a brony but dont hold your breath. he may come around or he may not. its cool that he likes the song but he still may not like the show. just dont push it to hard. it might end up pushing him away from the show

• Brohoof 2

Theoretically, you shouldn't push too hard on your friend and make him feel obligated to convert.

I think you should show him the content, and let him decide. If he likes it, he's a new member of the herd! Yay! If he doesn't like it, its fine. People are entitled to their own opinions.

• Brohoof 1