Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Blizzard Gale

1. Demonstrible idiots.

What I mean by that isn't the people who admit they don't know. What I'm referring to the the expletives that say they don't know something when they're on their smartphone with google. Really? Can't take the 2 seconds of time to improve your life? Same goes for people who refuse to learn technology and then bitch constantly about how it doesn't work or how they got a virus or something. Either take the time to learn it or shut up. free_tacos.exe isn't a legit program. I really don't see how you expected it to be.

2. The radio.

Imagine taking about 100 songs off of your playlist and putting them on a 24 hour shuffled loop with some commercials in between them. It's always the same bland uninspired garbage from the past 30 years' top 100 charts. Or if you're lucky, the classic rock station may play Money by Pink Floyd for the 18 freakin' time that day.

3. The Patent System

Good greif. It seems like every week there's a new lawsuit where one company is suing another because they'd rather litigate the competition than make a compelling product. Of course there are patent trolls as well because why earn a living when you can litigate for one? David Kappos, the tosser heading the USPTO, was quoted saying "Give it a rest already." No, I will not give it a rest, the patent system has had over 3 decades to figure this crap out and you're just now getting to it and failing at it no less.

• Brohoof 2

Virginia Drivers - They're the worst in the country except for residents of DC and parts of New Jersey. Nothing more really needs to be said except that they never let you merge and would sooner run you head-on into a guardrail than let you get in front of them.

Retail - From the perspective of both a customer and an employee, retail sucks. As a customer, you know you're getting taken by obscene markups on lots of things. Nowhere is this more true than in consumer electronics and used gun sales. There's a sporting goods store about five miles from my house. Fantastic customer service and a huge selection, but prices are obscene. Used guns from them in fair condition sometimes sell for more than what other stores would charge for one that's new; 500% markups aren't uncommon. Looking for a new TV, computer, or any other electronic item? Don't buy the store's warranty. Even if you satisfy all the conditions, they'll probably still refuse to honor it until you've argued the point for an hour and threatened legal action. As an employee you're expected to tolerate any amount of abuse. The "the customer is always right" mantra is often pushed so hard that employees are made to feel worthless.

People who don't appreciate their families - A little more clarification is needed on this one. I'm talking about people who are married and possibly with children, and who devalue them. Both hands aren't enough for me to count the number of men and women I personally know who have thrown their families away — just walked out on them to go do something else or to be with someone else, leaving behind a spouse and children with shattered lives. The death of a father, mother, husband, or wife in an accident or to disease is devastating to those they leave behind, but nothing hurts more than knowing they simply didn't want you and walked away. I put this one at the bottom of my list in a "save the best (in this case, worst) for last" kind of way. Nothing infuriates me more than this.

3. People who judge what they don't understand: a good example of this is brony haters, it is one thing to not understand something when I first found out about bronies I was pretty confused myself but I didn't automatically condemn them as a lot of other people do and actually was curious as to why so many teenagers and adults especially men liked a show about cartoon ponies.

"Challenge your preconceptions or they'll challenge you."

Imagine taking about 100 songs off of your playlist and putting them on a 24 hour shuffled loop with some commercials in between them. It's always the same bland uninspired garbage from the past 30 years' top 100 charts. Or if you're lucky, the classic rock station may play Money by Pink Floyd for the 18 freakin' time that day.

100? Too many. I'd say any of my local stations shuffle through somewhere around 30. Calling in with requests on shows that take them won't help unless you mention a song by name. If you say something like "Play some Eagles!" all you're going to get is Take It Easy. Want some ZZ Top? All you'll get is Tush or Sharp Dressed Man.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

1) Neglecting and stereotyping people. I cannot stand it when someone, say a kid, is trying his/her hardest to make friends only to be knocked down by reactions of "we don't want you around". It grinds my gears, especially knowing that I myself have been through it before. As such I've grown to be sympathetic towards those people and it burns me up knowing that not a lot of people have empathy for others anymore.

2) When people create uninformed opinions that have zero credibility to them. I'm more than willing to sit down and listen to someone else's point of view on things. As long as they make a decent effort in explaining why they feel that way, it opens up the door to a discussion/conversation which I like doing. What I can't stand is when people ignorantly bash something -- say, disliking something without properly examining what it is first, not even trying to make any sort of attempt to open their minds to anything else, and then getting defensive when someone calls them out for it. Not only is their logic flawed but then they bash you for not accepting someone's opinions. No, frankly, you are a prick who should educate themselves first before engaging in a sensible conversation. I have zero sympathy for extremely biased people and hate something just because they don't understand them.

3) Sheep. Words fly faster than the speed of light at times. When something big breaks out, all it takes is a little image on the television screen to completely warp your mind and make you believe something that isn't true. But it doesn't stop there. What really peeves me is that, after they've been essentially brainwashed, they are not disciplined enough to research the thing by themselves and come up with an actual sensible conclusion to the matter. I also have zero sympathy for these people.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, only my top 3?

Anger issues dont allow for an easy choice but...here we go.

People my own age or younger: without a doubt. When I say this, i'm talking about when I go out sometimes for a walk at night, and I see these incompetent teenagers hanging around in groups, smoking and doing drugs in public - if you want to do that that's fine, just be respectful where you do it guys. Also, the immaturity of at least half of the population of my current generation. Todays teenagers think they own the world and that something is owed to them because they where born into a technological generation - saying that i'm only 18 for Christs sake! 

Disrespect: I don't care who you are, what you do for a living, who you know or any of that, you still show some goddamn respect for others. You don't just demand respect, you earn it. I believe that everyone should be given some respect upon first meeting them, and it's up to them to keep that respect by earning it, in whatever way suits your opinion. 

"Mainstream" music: You know what i'm talking about when I say this, Lady Gaga, 50 cent, Pitbull, whoever the buck else there are, I don't know, I stopped paying attention. But whenever I hear that music come over the radio, it makes me thankful I don't carry a sledgehammer with me, or i'd be in jail by now. 

There are several other things that annoy me too...but I have to admit most of them are just from the idiocy of my generation...

• Brohoof 1

(Numbered from most to least}

#1: Animal/Child/Sexual Abuse- I'm going to leave this here, because I will not go into detail of why.

#2: .Misjudgement- I absoloutley HATE IT when someone misjudges and punishes someone for no reason. Sometimes even if they know the person did nothing wrong. Some executions have even killed innocent people. (Not much to explain here)

#3: Trollers and Haters- While I have learned to ignore most Trolls and Haters instead of hating them back, they still waer on me. I cross lines with Trolls. Some Trolls don't mean to hurt anybody and are just having fun, but I cross the line when it gets very, very out of hoof. For Example "CyberBullies" or when some Trolls even make people kill themselves. Haters are a different story. Almost all Haters are aggressive and over-the-top to the point where they would want to kill someone. I honestly don't know why they hate these things.because they SHOULD just try to ignore. If it doesn't affect them, why bother flaming and hating? (Rant is over, sorry for that)

Edited by Sketchi
  • Brohoof 2

1.Someone doubting me. This bothers me greatly, for if I REALLY want to do something, or get something done, I will dam right get it done, just to prove them wrong.

2.People that think that everything has to be done for them.

3.People that start sh*t for the fun of it. All it does is get people mad at each other and starts problems.

• Brohoof 1

1. Incompetent Drivers: Everyone makes the odd error but some people take it too far. Such as people who never use indicators. Just going to Tesco I was almost killed 3 times by people not using indicators.

2. Tagalongs: You know the sort, the ones that hang with the "cool" kids or the bullies just for protection or to look like they fit in with the crowd.

3. Perfection Expectations: Going by school grades, I'm one of the "smart" ones. Problem is, people as a result expect me and those like me to be good at everything and then start whinging if we don't get something first try. If we start slipping in school work, teachers are over us like vultures over a hippo carcass, refusing to acknowledge everyone has a bad day.

Edited by Coffee123
  • Brohoof 2

Instigators/Trolls/Cruel Folk: Like the ones who, at the dinner table, upon finding out I'm pro-veganism, proceed to tell me all sorts of animal-related horror stories, as they noisily munch on their animal carcass.

Selfish/Greedy People: Who whine about their parents not getting them the latest expensive, popular, something and lament publicly. Get a job and earn it if you want it that bad. Also... rich people, go be generous and help your fellow man, instead of blowing it all on yourself. Celebrities? And $200,000 on a black diamond pedicure makes me ill. Think of all the good you could've done with that money instead of blowing it on your nails...!

Attention Whores: If you do positive things and it gets you notoriety, no biggy. If you do negative stuff to get attention, fine. You know what? I'll deny you of what you desire. I will ignore you and hope you go away.

Man, what a nice venting session.

Edited by Skyplume
  • Brohoof 2

1.Close-mindedness- People who will not change or refuse to hear another person's side of the story. These kinds of people are impossible to be around. Might as well give up when dealing with these types of people.

2.Selfishness- Those who think the world revolves around them. You cannot compromise anything with people who are selfish. 

3. Racism-  Who gains from putting others down?! Racism is stupid and only causes pain and hurt. 

• Brohoof 2

1. Those who insult those who they see as "inferior" human beings.

I'm not a fan of humanity as a whole; I find that I tend to have a lot of disconnect with people thanks to my disorder, but these sort of people are the worst. Whether it's racism, sexism, making fun of the disabled, or homophobia, it's never right. People have no basis for this kind of treatment and it's just because they're idiots who can't see past their own ignorance. We've all been there, purposefully or accidentally, but we need to learn from our mistakes, not continue to repeat them.

2. Ignorance.

I'm a repeat offender of this according to most people (ask anyone on here; I probably would win a Most Hated Member competition) but that's mostly because I'm awful at explaining. Most recently I got in an argument over something stupid with a member and I brushed it off (bad idea; I probably would have been murdered). I'm not trying to be like that, and to anyone who's seen my posts like that, sorry. *laughs*

People who have no common sense or are just ignorant I have trouble handling. I get frustrated and have no sympathy for people like that. Again, we've all been in that sort of situation, and we need to learn from them. At least try to make your points clear. However, those who attack other's opinions with no idea of what may be going on with that person or what their real views on the matter are, then they are just as ignorant.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

Jerk stores....

What is a jerk store? Someone who lives to make others life a living hell....

Haters

You know what they are, for those who don't. They find out what you like and make fun of it and make fun of you for liking it soo much.

Ponies who say they are my friend, but are never around when I need them... but hot damn! when they need help ohh man they start to come out of the wood works.......