Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

writing Might Of The Soul and Spirit [soliloquy]

The Stranger

A short soliloquy I came up with when I had a sudden jolt of realization one night.

DeviantART Categories: Literature / Scripts & Screenplays / Monologues & Soliloquies / Drama

====

As the sun rises over the earth, I shall rise as well. I will not cower before the might of space and time, as I press on to fight my fears. With the heavens guiding my courage, I shall hold my sword of benevolence up high. I shall grasp my shield of fortitude as I march towards the rising sun. Heavens protect me.

====

Link to DeviantART page: [ http://twisted-bone.deviantart.com/#/d5rnakk ]

• Brohoof 2

Wow, this is beautiful! You really channel the spirit of courage itself, in a really uplifting way that also calls upon some very bold imagery. It is inspiring! It goes without saying that I like this a lot.

I didn't even know that writing soliloquies outide of a full play was a thing. I might have to try it, myself. Have you ever written a full play? I think if you did, it would be very entertaining and thought provoking. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow, this is beautiful! You really channel the spirit of courage itself, in a really uplifting way that also calls upon some very bold imagery. It is inspiring! It goes without saying that I like this a lot.

I didn't even know that writing soliloquies outide of a full play was a thing. I might have to try it, myself. Have you ever written a full play? I think if you did, it would be very entertaining and thought provoking. :)

Thank you so much my friend! I just discovered Monologues & Soliloquies myself and like them very much. I'm most likely going to be writing this sort of literature more often since i'm fond of it now.

I've never attempted to write my own play to be honest. I'm not sure how it would turn out.  :wacko:

Edited by Celestial Valour

Maybe you should try it. I've written some plays and I've even had one performed at my school publicly. I tell you, there are few weirder experiences as a writer than seeing your work performed on stage. It's also weird seeing how the director and actors change little things. Drama in general is fun to write, and its a great way to practice dialogue. If you ever decided to try it, I would be glad to give you some pointers. :)

• Brohoof 1

That seems very exciting. Sadly I'm shy but if I ever decide to do such a thing I'll let you know.

It must be a trip to see your own work done on a stage. :lol:

Its kind of funny to hear someone call themselves shy in comparison to me. I'm the most shy person I know :lol:

It is pretty trippy to see your work performed, although its not as nerve-wracking or embarrassing as you might expect.

• Brohoof 1

I love this, it is very beautiful. It has excellent imagery, and an interesting theme. If I may ask, what inspired you to write this?

I love this, it is very beautiful. It has excellent imagery, and an interesting theme. If I may ask, what inspired you to write this?

I lost all my friends when I started college almost two years ago. For almost two years I had no friends (I still don't) and I felt sorry for myself. I tried hard to make new friends but no one seemed to care. I ended up isolating myself from the outside world and fell into a silent sadness that I refused to share with anyone. 

The night I wrote this poem I was sitting in my room with a frown on and my head down. I was depressed. After an hour of that I suddenly had a jolt of realization. I was sick of feeling sorry for myself and I no longer wanted to drag on feeling this way. I needed to move on so I put on some positive music (the sound of music helps me write) and I began to write. That's how this soliloquy came to be. 

• Brohoof 1

I lost all my friends when I started college almost two years ago. For almost two years I had no friends (I still don't) and I felt sorry for myself. I tried hard to make new friends but no one seemed to care. I ended up isolating myself from the outside world and fell into a silent sadness that I refused to share with anyone. 

The night I wrote this poem I was sitting in my room with a frown on and my head down. I was depressed. After an hour of that I suddenly had a jolt of realization. I was sick of feeling sorry for myself and I no longer wanted to drag on feeling this way. I needed to move on so I put on some positive music (the sound of music helps me write) and I began to write. That's how this soliloquy came to be. 

I literally read this reply for the first time a few minutes after reading your topic about why people keep going

I'm very glad that you came to that realization. As you said in your other topic, nothing bad lasts forever. You may not have any friends at college right now, but that doesn't mean you'll never have friends. You will have friends. In fact, you have friends right now already. Everyone here. 

For finding friends at college, my recommendation is to try to find anyone who has the same interests as you by joining clubs, or talking to people in class. You could even try to find out if anyone else at your college is also a brony. Who knows, maybe even someone on this site goes to your college. There are almost 10,000 people here. However, I know that you did say in your other topic that you tried to make friends, and it seemed like no one cares. So if you tried all of what I suggested already and it didn't work, please don't lose hope. There are many stages of life beyond college. There will be endless opportunities for you to make friends. 

Also, I would love to read anything else that you have written, if you would be willing to share it. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I literally read this reply for the first time a few minutes after reading your topic about why people keep going

I'm very glad that you came to that realization. As you said in your other topic, nothing bad lasts forever. You may not have any friends at college right now, but that doesn't mean you'll never have friends. You will have friends. In fact, you have friends right now already. Everyone here. 

For finding friends at college, my recommendation is to try to find anyone who has the same interests as you by joining clubs, or talking to people in class. You could even try to find out if anyone else at your college is also a brony. Who knows, maybe even someone on this site goes to your college. There are almost 10,000 people here. However, I know that you did say in your other topic that you tried to make friends, and it seemed like no one cares. So if you tried all of what I suggested already and it didn't work, please don't lose hope. There are many stages of life beyond college. There will be endless opportunities for you to make friends. 

Also, I would love to read anything else that you have written, if you would be willing to share it. 

Thank you for your positive post SCS. If you wish to see some more of my literature a link to my DeviantART account should be in my signature here on the MLP forums (below this post) or on my profile page. 

Edited by Photo Finish
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you for your positive post SCS. If you wish to see some more of my literature a link to my DeviantART account should be in my signature here on the MLP forums (below this post). 

You're welcome! I'll definitely check your literature out. I added you to my DeviantART watch. Also, my username there is "afriendnamedscs."