Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Training a dinosaur

xxcoolbreezexx

This is an interesting question. I've always been fond of the Brachiosarus. They are herbivores. I would train the dinosaur to lift me up to really high places. Like, it could lift me up on top of my house. I could just spend an afternoon doing that. That would be pretty cool. It has a really long neck, you see. 

The dinosaurs with the long necks and eat plants (I forget what the name is for them), and I'd name it Shamrock, then teach it how to flip, then... then... I dunno. I just like those dinosaurs the best XD Oh and I'd take it everywhere :3

Edited by Stary Dreams
  • Brohoof 1

Pterodactyl of course. Then I can fly. Plus, pterodactyl's are badass. I dunno what I would feed it. Everyone would be jelly of my pterodactyl.

Edit: Oh, and I would name it Terry.

Edited by aRegularPony

I would get Quetzalcoatlus and ride it trough the skies ... tear down smaller planes and feed it all my enemies and friends who would complain about me feeding it with my enemies.

But I guess just flying it would be cool too.

I'd probably like a Triceratops,mostly because it wouldn't eat me. I think I'd train it to be my transportation, and ride it into town.

• Brohoof 3

Hmph, I would probably go with a Ornithomimosauria. Though they don't have the size, they are extremely fast and rather deadly. I'd use it for transportation purposes and bragging rights. Might also use to scare off some people :3

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

Pfft, why stop at a pterodactyl? If I'm going to go with a flying animal, let's go with the giant teratorn! It is currently known as the largest flier that ever existed with a wing span of over 7 meters (~25 feet). I suppose the one thing I'd train it would be to not eat people :P

As for uses... that's a good question. If possible, flight would be nice, but I don't know what that already massive bird could carry. Other than that, I suppose I would name him george and hug him and pet him and squeeze him.

Velociraptor. I'd train it to race and get through traffic in the quickest way possible.  It'd be like having the coolest motorcycle ever but it's alive. Nobody would steal it at least.

haha lol kinda a lil problem bout that 2 acutally velociraptors were like a foot high and a lot of oxygen made them bigger back then so they would super small lol. btw im not trying to criticize u

I would pick a spinosaurus because theyre my favirote theyre so awesome but if i could i would have a jurassic park of my own lol

I am surprised that no one has wanted a T-Rex for a pet

I was about to say that. T-Rexes are  awesome! Their little hands are epic! I'd train it to wield a sword.

I mean, who the hell tries to steal a Sword-wielding several metre tall, scaly epic-o-saur?

My first choice, obviously, would be an awesome-o-saur. They are awesome, and do everything awesome.

Second choice, Aforementioned T-Rex.

haha lol kinda a lil problem bout that 2 acutally velociraptors were like a foot high and a lot of oxygen made them bigger back then so they would super small lol. btw im not trying to criticize u

I would pick a spinosaurus because theyre my favirote theyre so awesome but if i could i would have a jurassic park of my own lol

I'm not sure what dinosaur your thinking of, but Velociraptors were more like six feet tall. I'm not sure either what your talking about with the oxygen.

I'm not sure what dinosaur your thinking of, but Velociraptors were more like six feet tall. I'm not sure either what your talking about with the oxygen.

there was more oxygen back then than now and your probably thinking about utahraptors theyre the big ones but they were very fast and smart they would probably be the sentient beings if they were still alive lol this goes for all raptors lol

like i said im not trying to critisize u i just really love dinosaurs so i know a lot about them and i kinda have a problem about correcting things lol

• Brohoof 1

I would have vegetarian, so he wouldn't eat me if he gets hungry, and his food would be everywhere.

I would get Quetzalcoatlus and ride it trough the skies ... tear down smaller planes and feed it all my enemies and friends who would complain about me feeding it with my enemies.

But I guess just flying it would be cool too.

You told me that i couldn't have one, and you are saying that would get one for you? you're bad.

Quetzalcoatlus, most likely. Being among the largest of pterosaurs, my weight and anything I'd like to carry would be unlikely to hinder it's flight. Gotta care about that stuff man.

I'd have it mostly for transport, because, you know, it flies. Don't have to worry about traffic or anything, can carry stuff from place to place easily. This would also be super useful for getting to places with either shit roads, or no roads at all. Or in other words, it could take me to the perfect places to go for a run. Maybe it'd fly along as I'd run or something, otherwise it'd get pretty bored. When I'd be finished, I could just call it back, we'd fly back. Sweet.

I'd think I'd pet him a lot too, maybe shorten his name to Ketz or something. I'd get pretty tired of saying Quetzalcoatlus time and time again.

Bonus points for teaching him how to breathe fire and spit acid at my enemies... Dinosaurs can do that, right?

• Brohoof 1

You told me that i couldn't have one, and you are saying that would get one for you? you're bad.

Saying that is exactly the thing that will make you dino food.

And I said YOU can't have one, there is no I in you.

Wait.

That sounds weird. 

You forgot that they are awesome and have big claws too haha also he would grow not become smaller since the air pressure would be less not more, AND WHY ARE people wanting flying lizards (pterodactyl not a dino anything flying at that age was a freaking flying lizard no joke but closest one would be microraptor which is very small and cant even do anything but hunt) My choice would be a Pachycephalosaurus yes thats its name aka thick headed lizard.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I would have my own Krogan-buddy.
urdnot_wrex_by_gelvuun-d4tnn27.jpg

Yes, Krogans are dinosaurs. Just sentient-alien-dinosaurs. Anyways, we would be dynamite-dinosaur-dudes, and we would be best friends. We would go fishing on a boat, we would break mailboxes, we would play video games.

It would be... A blast from the past.

(lol, get it?! Blast from the past? And dinosaurs are from the past?)

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 1

I'd crossbreed a pterodactyl and a tyrannosaurus Rex, then inject some extra nightmares into it to make it truly terrifying. Then I would teach it to read and speak English, so when it got charged with assault and battery it could serve community service by reading picture books to kindergartners. 

• 10 months later...

I would go with hmmm long necks, I like them and know a lot about them.. did you know they have 2 brains? yup one brain in their head and one in their ass.. because they are soo big they need 2, if they only had one well if some Trex come up and bite them in the ass they wouldn't feel it... for like a good 2-3mins... yeah.

Anyway lets get to the point, I would train it to play catch, yup... and roll over... that would be cool to see.

Edited by Princess Pinkie Pie

I would train a velociraptor as a pet. It's use would be to keep unwelcome guests from entering my home, I.E. everyone. Training wouldn't be hard, despite what you people say. I would raise it like a new born baby and bop it on the head with a rolled up newspaper if it gets out of line.