Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

Would be a great idea!

It's a shame that these two hardly interact. And there never has been a Raridash episode. Apart from the episode that shall not be named.

img-2994379-1-contest_entry__raridash_by

Would also help to get the Rarity and Rainbow fanbases a little bit closer together.

I don't consider Sonic Rainboom a RariDash episode because they were almost rivals in it.
  • Brohoof 3

Good Morning Fab Club

R0zawzD.jpg

This morning I am officially a parent of a high school kid. Don't know how I feel about that exactly. :confused:

PINKIE!!!!!!! LEAVE THE MANE ALONE. YOU'RE MESSING WITH THE COIFFURE!

high_school_ponies__by_elenafreckle-d5eh

This calls for......... A TEA PARTY!!!

full.png

I wish your child best of luck in freshman year! I'm a freshman myself and I'm dying! *sigh* Oh well at least this tea is delicious!

• Brohoof 6

I don't consider Sonic Rainboom a RariDash episode because they were almost rivals in it.

We don't mention "Sonic Rainboom" in this here household... 

• Brohoof 3

We don't mention "Sonic Rainboom" in this here household...

I love this episode :P but I agree Rarity was terrible, that's maybe why I didn't like her at first.

She's so much better now. :D

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 3

I love this episode :P but I agree Rarity was terrible, that's maybe why I didn't like her at first.

That episode caused me to lose years of fandom.

DUNVTSk.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I don't see much of problem with it myself. I commented more because Ghostie absolutely loathes that episode than anything.  :blush:

• Brohoof 6

Why would you say such a thing?!  :confused:  Rarity was just enjoying the fame she had because of her wings! She didn't realize what she did wrong. But in the end she realized what she was doing and apologized! Everyone has their moments. This is just one of Rarity's moments :)

You have to admit, her wings were absolutely fabulous!

img-2685138-1-tumblr_m5jwqbJVS11qkegu7o1

• Brohoof 5

I don't see much of problem with it myself. I commented more because Ghostie absolutely loathes that episode than anything.  :blush:

Heh ... he ain't the only one. We disagree on some episodes (Sleepless in Ponyville is one) ... but that one ... so much NO!

800px-Rarity_looks_at_camera_S1E16.png

• Brohoof 4

Why would you say such a thing?! :confused: Rarity was just enjoying the fame she had because of her wings! She didn't realize what she did wrong. But in the end she realized what she was doing and apologized! Everyone has their moments. This is just one of Rarity's moments :)

You have to admit, her wings were absolutely fabulous!

img-2685138-1-tumblr_m5jwqbJVS11qkegu7o1

I though Rarity was out of character, she's supposed to be generous but in this episode she was only thinking about herself.

Of course, characters must have flaws too (otherwise they would be Mary Sues), but I don't know why I didn't like her behavior in this episode.

@ghostfacekiller39 would explain that better than me. :please:

Heh ... he ain't the only one. We disagree on some episodes (Sleepless in Ponyville is one) ... but that one ... so much NO!

800px-Rarity_looks_at_camera_S1E16.png

:eww: I also hate her make-up. Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 4

While your position is valid, I disagree that it's a RariDash episode, because they almost never interact with each other.

Rarity spends her time elsewhere (even if it's in the same room).

She has a good insight on Dashie, but then Dash's only interaction until Rarity plummets is to roll her eyes or cringe at Rarity.  Then at the end, "You saved my life!"

"Oh yeah" 

The feels?

It was more a Rarity / Rainbow Dash episode.to me.

[again Rarity is sharing beauty with everypony -- not well depicted, but still her fave form of generosity]

• Brohoof 3

I though Rarity was out of character, she's supposed to be generous but in this episode she was only thinking about herself.

Of course, characters must have flaws too (otherwise they would be Mary Sues), but I don't know why I didn't like her behavior in this episode.

@ghostfacekiller39 would explain that better than me. :please:

:eww: I also hate her make-up.

Of course he'll explain better! he hates that episode!

Edited by Gamora
  • Brohoof 2

@ghostfacekiller39 would explain better than me. :please:

Not quite out of character, as much as "put into an really unusual situation", and acting accordingly. 

Her subsequent behaviour is not far short of temporary insanity. First of all, listen to her laugh when she sees the ponies’ reaction to the sunlight through her wings. That does not sound like a mentally healthy laugh to me. Consider also the outfit she wore during the competition itself. Rarity prides herself on looking elegant, and she is anything but elegantly dressed there. The pony knows fashion, people, it’s her raison d’etre. She clearly wasn’t in her normal state of mind at the time. She also apologized profusely at the end.

Of course she'll explain better! She hates that episode! XD

I thought Ghostie was a guy...

• Brohoof 5

My Wife looking over my shoulder a few months back commented in mock jealousy that there were a lot of women on the forums. It was the avatars that gave her that impression.

I smiled at that. Lauren Faust would be proud!

• Brohoof 8

Good Morning Fab Club

img-2994439-1-R0zawzD.jpg

This morning I am officially a parent of a high school kid. Don't know how I feel about that exactly. :confused:

PINKIE!!!!!!! LEAVE THE MANE ALONE. YOU'RE MESSING WITH THE COIFFURE!

img-2994439-2-high_school_ponies__by_ele

Wait till you get to the other end, while I do not have one of my own, I had "assisted" with other family and the last one just graduated this year. And I'm very proud of them

• Brohoof 4

Now, all jokes about 'Lipstick Pone' aside (I really do hate that moment so much) my views on Sonic Rainboom and why it made me frustrated was with a story telling convention I can't stand. Namely, elevating character 'x' at the expense of character 'y'. I loathe when writers do that.

Post Rarity fan conversion did no favors for this episode. Rarity is not a moron. She is likely second only to Twilight in terms of intellect. As someone who deals with delicate fabrics she would understand and take heed any warnings of the the fragility of the wings. Finally, they overplayed Rainbow Dash's fear in this episode. That is another thing. They took the characterization of Rarity and Dash and gave it crystal fucking meth. I loved how it began, and ended. Ugh it was just a poorly written middle act though.

Also of great importance (and changing the subject) today is the big day. The Mane Six is finally complete ... and they saved the best for last. Yep, today is street date for Rarity Funko (and Discord). I ordered mine direct shipping since my HT can be ... light ... on Pony at times. Still waiting on my order to be shipped. I have supreme patience ... but it may be tested with this one.

@Obsidian Sky - it's getting closer man! Keep an eye on your messages from this moment forward.

2.PNG

• Brohoof 4

Finally, they overplayed Rainbow Dash's fear in this episode. That is another thing. They took the characterization of Rarity and Dash and gave it crystal fucking meth.

I disagree Mr. White, Rainbow Dash is very scared of failure.
  • Brohoof 3

Now, all jokes about 'Lipstick Pone' aside (I really do hate that moment so much) my views on Sonic Rainboom and why it made me frustrated was with a story telling convention I can't stand. Namely, elevating character 'x' at the expense of character 'y'. I loathe when writers do that.

Post Rarity fan conversion did no favors for this episode. Rarity is not a moron. She is likely second only to Twilight in terms of intellect. As someone who deals with delicate fabrics she would understand and take heed any warnings of the the fragility of the wings. Finally, they overplayed Rainbow Dash's fear in this episode. That is another thing. They took the characterization of Rarity and Dash and gave it crystal fucking meth. I loved how it began, and ended. Ugh it was just a poorly written middle act though.

Learn something new... I never would have guessed that y'all wouldn't like that episode. While I agree its not my favorite either but I find "lipstick pone" amusingly cute. Definetly wouldn't like her that way all the time, I just blame it on the adolescent mindset of the writers. Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 5

I disagree Mr. White, Rainbow Dash is very scared of failure.

Oh I absolutely agree she is afraid and uses her confidence as a shield and I love that about Dash. It's just how it was presented in that episode that bugged me to death.

Watch this and you'll understand where I'm coming from ... maybe.

• Brohoof 4

Oh I absolutely agree she is afraid and uses her confidence as a shield and I love that about Dash. It's just how it was presented in that episode that bugged me to death.

I understand perfectly thanks to the video, I've never watched the Cosby show but that looks funny! :lol:

But we should stop the off-topic. :x

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 4

Well, not 100% sure if I follow the juxtaposition of the Sonic Rainboom/ Cosby video as far as bad writing of the story or the presented analogy by Cosby in the video.

Maybe a bit of both... or am I missing something

Ah who know, maybe I'm just over thinking again

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 4

Well, not 100% sure if I follow the juxtaposition of the Sonic Rainboom/ Cosby video as far as bad writing of the story or the presented analogy by Cosby in the video. Maybe a bit of both... or am I missing something

Good premise with a lot of potential, but poorly presented = steak on a garbage can lid. The first few scenes I loved. LOVED. Then ... bon appetite! 

It did give us this gem though.

Hot Topic still shows Fulfilling Order? :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 3