Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The love of My Little Pony grows?

Gabby_Gumz

Before i was a brony i lived a pretty normal life. (Im not saying its abnormal to be a brony)

I use to sit im my room all day playing Xbox until i started to watch my little pony. now when im at school i use to look forward to get home play call of duty or minecraft, now i look forward to come home and watch my little pony. 

Ive seen all episodes and fan-made cartoons like my little dashie ect...

So i started to not-watch MLP and recently i felt really depressed and sad, no family problems or school problems. So i came home from school and thought I'd watch a MLP eposode before i went to sleep, the next day i felt happier and cheerful and and normal then i had a sudden reliseation, My little pony had become part of my life, As off that day i sit in my room with my laptop playing MLP and play my Xbox at the same time.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? 

EDIT: As some of you call of duty fans know you can make your own player card, GT: Scopy 6126 My player card spells out    BRONY FTW with a picture of rainbow dash under neith as my favorit pony is Rainbowdash

Edited by ollie6125
  • Brohoof 16

Honestly i spend so much time with MLP in so many facets (making music about it, blogging, watching the show on weekends and reruns in the morning, checking out other people's creations) that i often wonder "what did i do before it" (expored non-pony music is the answer... but). It just keeps me so busy, mostly happy and complete, and makes me feel part of something big, communal, and fun. Only sad thing is that's MY thing and a virtual thing and not something i share with rlife friends, family (well my wife's ok with it), and co-workers but i'm ok with that. Yeah i may be one of those bronies who dedicates TOO much time to it but it's integral to how i spend my days and time and tbh i never have quite enough free time to be as involved and get done as much as i'd like to be. 

• Brohoof 1

I have found that ponies make my life better.

Seriously I spend so much of my time in one of the day (but not in an unhealthy way, mind you) that it has become a part of my life.

It's not bad considering before this show I was alone and had almost nothin to look forward to. I wasn't severely depressed mind you, I just didn't have much to look forward to.

(edited)

I agree with all of you, lunch at my school is a hour long so i bring my laptop and me and my friend sit in a quit room with no one else around and stick on a eposode of MLP. 

Edited by ollie6125

this is me every time i see something MLP related. I cannot say that i get depressed when i don't watch it since im always near a mlp thing.  I can say howvever it made me less depressed and morbid when i came upon this cartoon delight. Is the show addicting? yes. it has the sort of feeling that mimics nostalgia and something else.
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't had depression set in or anything when I don't watch it but I do feel happier if I have watched an episode that day, doesn't master which one. Actually it doesn't have to be an episode of MLP, as long as its pony related like Doctor Whooves adventures etc.

I've actually recently started to incorporate mlp into my street art, I think of it as my way of inputting into the community, it's funny how addictive and reward that feels.

There was that moment I sat in the lecture hall after a long, exhausting day, waiting for computer science, and suddenly noticed AJ on a laptop screen below... it just felt so awsome :D.

Ponies pretty much took over my mind and my life... I did like it the way it was before though, but now it's about 20% cooler. No matter what kind of bad day I have, when I look on my phone for the time or something else, there's Fluttershy on the lockscreen to cheer me up... I'm learning for my physics exam right now, and my notes are full of scribble Ponies (refering to the content, actually).

So yeah, I think it would be kind of depressing without mlp the first time - even though I'd surely come over it eventually. Besides, I don't need to watch episodes or fanwork frequently (I do anyway), it's enough to remember them every once a while.

The love I have for My Little Pony gives me a reason to go on the forums before school. It gets me out of a gloomy mood I have had since starting High School. This show is just like a magic herb, heals you up. :)

I love MLP. I love it so much, you can say that it's taken over my life. I'm saying that in both a good and bad way. Sometimes I wish I could go back to my life before I first watched MLP. Because of MLP, I now hate this world. I can't stand it. Equestria's the place I belong. It sometimes makes me feel sad. Whenever I'm near pony stuff, I'm happier than when I'm not with pony stuff. I wear my MLP t-shirts whenever I get the chance. I have a Pinkie Pie theme for Google Chrome, and it syncs that theme across every computer I use. Pretty much every thing I make in Flash is related to ponies, except a lot of the stuff I make for school. My Steam avatar is one of my OCs, and my Facebook profile picture and banner are both ponies.

Okay, that was a lot more than I thought I was gonna post. :P Two more replies showed up when I was typing this.

I can't say that I feel depressed when I don't watch it, but it does lighten up my mood when I do watch it. It is addicting, but it doesn't mean it controls me. ...with the exception of Saturday mornings. I must watch the new episodes. I must. I MUST.

same here it seems the show has 3 known affects to me

1. the show is addictive

2. depression starts settling in if i don't watch the show

3. cant stay away from it for too long

My Little Pony it's like heroine without the damaging internal side effects.  On a slightly more silly note I'm a bit in the same boat as far as the show and or fandom somehow effecting my everyday life.  I mean I have a youtube channel because of the fandom in a way.

After all this time, I still associate common, everyday occurrences with the show. I don't see myself not watching the show in the future. I look at the show as my reason to power through the day and even after the show had run it's course, I still will take all of my great experiences hold them close.

Well Idk I maybe a bit addicted to the show and content made by fans of the show, but I don't think it totally controls my life or anything, i just spend alot of time here, not really because its ponies but because of the awesome community.

Although I have watched the show like 3 times or so on its own, and watched like 3 lets watches, so I've seen the show a fair amount of times, not to mention I've seen a whole lot of fan videos.

So I won't deny i spend quite alot of time on MLP, but it makes me happy and places like these forums gives me hope in my times of doubt, so I'm ok with it, plus ponies are adorable. I wouldn't say I'm downright addicted to it, seeing as theres alot of times where I don't have time to watch ponies and It doesn't drive me downright crazy or anything, but its a great show with a great community and I enjoy both as passtimes in my free time(And during my procrastination.)

Rewatching episodes of MLP kinda kills the original "in love with the show" feeling from when I first started watching it. I've been a Brony since around October, and I still get a bit happy when I think of ponies at school. I've pretty much overdosed on fan music so I can't enjoy it as much (moderation is key my friend) and generally I get a lot more joy out of ponies at night (like 2:00 AM) for whatever reason (probably being tired) So, my point? Actually I lost it half way through the post. I'm bad at keeping on one topic with these kind of things.

I love MLP. I love it so much, you can say that it's taken over my life. I'm saying that in both a good and bad way. Sometimes I wish I could go back to my life before I first watched MLP. Because of MLP, I now hate this world. I can't stand it. Equestria's the place I belong. It sometimes makes me feel sad. Whenever I'm near pony stuff, I'm happier than when I'm not with pony stuff. I wear my MLP t-shirts whenever I get the chance. I have a Pinkie Pie theme for Google Chrome, and it syncs that theme across every computer I use. Pretty much every thing I make in Flash is related to ponies, except a lot of the stuff I make for school. My Steam avatar is one of my OCs, and my Facebook profile picture and banner are both ponies.

Okay, that was a lot more than I thought I was gonna post. :P Two more replies showed up when I was typing this.

I know how you feel, Sometime when i go to sleep or day dream im in equestria with all MLP characters. I even sometimes dream about it. 

I dint expect to get this many replies but i think its great. Thanks- ollie

Yeah.. this show is a bit of a drug. I had a serious craving to watch the season 2 finale all day yesterday, and by nightfall I could not resist any longer.

My Little Pony: Friendship Withdrawl Sucks.

Yes OP, I love the show so much that I suffer withdrawels. Once I stopped watching for a period of time, I was starting to lose weight and I couldn't eat. Then I watched MLP and everything was better again. YAY

Wait, you actually suffer withdrawals from the show? Holy hay, didn't think it was that addicting. I myself haven't seen a new episode in a while, and I'm kinda losing my appetite a bit. Not to that point you described. You really should do something about that man.

Wait, you actually suffer withdrawals from the show? Holy hay, didn't think it was that addicting. I myself haven't seen a new episode in a while, and I'm kinda losing my appetite a bit. Not to that point you described. You really should do something about that man.

Of course I suffer withdrawels from the show. Isn't it obvious? Remember that time during the wait for Keep Calm and Flutter On when I went insane and started to scrawl "All wait and no My Little Pony makes Harmonic a dull boy" on the walls and type writers? 

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

I am not addicted to the show, but my life feels... empty without. I am very antisocial, so I more than often find myself staring at the wall. It's in moments like these I pick up my phone and go in to forums

I am not addicted to the show, but my life feels... empty without. I am very antisocial, so I more than often find myself staring at the wall. It's in moments like these I pick up my phone and go in to forums

Same here. Except one thing, mobile forums are terrible. Walls have MUCH much better displays of where each thread and whatnot is.