Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this true?

Erza

You are right about this!!!

This would be very weird to me...

Imagine that your national antheme is based on TV show...

This would be extremely weird to me...

I really REALLY doubt this would happen. As much as I like Obama, I don't think he'd have the balls to do something like this. And to be honest, I wouldn't want him to.

• Brohoof 1

As awesome as it would be, there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening. Ponies are becoming political, though. The Pirate Party in Europe has FiM breaks during parliamentary sessions as part of their platform.

I would kinda like to see something like that in the US, if only for it's thought-provoking value. Why not a Pony Party?

Imagine it, the three symbols of politics in the US:

The donkey

The elephant

The pony

Kinda want. :P

Now, I'm debating whether to sign or not for the shits and giggles...

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

That would be awesome but it'll never happen, there's rumours that Kim Jong Un is a brony so there's a higher chance for North Korea to adopt the MLP theme as national anthem.

Yeah, knowing some of the ridiculous stuff his father did, it wouldn't really surprise me.

At any rate, I think it's pretty safe to say that this would never happen in America. Changing the national anthem would be almost sacrilegious.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, knowing some of the ridiculous stuff his father did, it wouldn't really surprise me.

At any rate, I think it's pretty safe to say that this would never happen in America. Changing the national anthem would be almost sacrilegious.

The main difference is that he was educated in switzerland and he knows all about internet culture and trolling, it's been confirmed that he watches american cartoons when he was educated over there.

It seems that none of the American celebrities can sing the American anthem so it might be a good idea to change it to something simpler.

• Brohoof 1

It seems that none of the American celebrities can sing the American anthem so it might be a good idea to change it to something simpler.

I can't remember her name at the moment, but I remember there was one woman who was famous only for singing the national anthem really well. So apparently there's at least one American celebrity who can. 

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome. And wrong. Because the U.S. isn't the nation of bronies, they are still a insignificantly small minority, and it's an international fandom. Not to mention the complications due to Hasbro being a private and commercial company... If it would happen, there would be massive - and totally justified - shitstorms.

Be patient bronies, one day we will take over the world - one day ;) ...

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome. And wrong. Because the U.S. isn't the nation of bronies, they are still a insignificantly small minority, and it's an international fandom. Not to mention the complications due to Hasbro being a private and commercial company... If it would happen, there would be massive - and totally justified - shitstorms.

Be patient bronies, one day we will take over the world - one day ;) ...

Well you are more luckier than me...

at least there is some bronies in USA.

In Whole Arab world, bronies are too limited there.

"sometimes i think that i'm the only Egyptian brony in Egypt..."

HAHAHAHA, That's awesome. Of course it would never happen, but whoever thought to create the petition is a genius. A petition doesn't guarantee that something will happen. All that happens is if it reaches a certain number of signatures it will get an official response from the White House. Recently Obama had to raise that number because people were creating silly, offensive, etc. petitions for the heck of it.

Personally, I think it is hilarious and will sign for the fun of it.

I'm assuming this has come from the internet rumors about him wanting to change the national anthem, none of which are true.

Changing the national anthem has come up many times. When I was a kid everyone said that Reagan wanted to change it to "God Bless the USA", and "Born in the USA" (which is hilarious considering the meaning of the song). I believe there were a few others as well, but I doubt any of them were true.

Sometimes I think it's funny that the tune to our national anthem is British and that most people who promote themselves as patriots have no idea that there are 4 verses.

It IS extremely difficult to sing. I recall learning it in choir at school to sing at homecoming. I don't envy those celebrities.

I'm not going to sign this. Nope, no way, no how, at all. Nuh uh. This is totally ridiculous, and asinine, and stupid.

Come on, it should obviously be the "Smile" song for our national anthem, guys!

Geez, some people come up with the silliest ideas...

• Brohoof 5

That would be awesome but it'll never happen, there's rumours that Kim Jong Un is a brony so there's a higher chance for North Korea to adopt the MLP theme as national anthem.

I highly doubt that he is, they hate America with a passion. They teach their Children nursery rhymes about killing americans in their sleep.

After all it's just a petition and I don't think it's meant seriously. Like that for the creation of a deathstar, which actually got enough signatures, as I heard. If this one came that far, it would be great.

@, I'm not even american, I'm from Germany, but still better than Egypt in this respect, I guess - you have my compassion. Remember: one day...

• Brohoof 1

Will obama change the current american national anthem to My little pony: Friendship is magic theme song???

I've read this in this site "https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/change-fine-nations-anthem-theme-my-little-pony-friendship-magic/dD95cQvL"

Is it true or i didn't understand this topic???

Even considering the possibility that someone might think that this is something that a president CAN do, much less WOULD do, makes me feel a little more dead on the inside.

Kim Jong Un is also a tad bit, I don't know, completely bat-shit insane. So I think that takes out the positive aspect of the matter entirely.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm not even american, I'm from Germany, but still better than Egypt in this respect, I guess - you have my compassion. Remember: one day...

hmm....

I don't really remember, my memory is short :(

and yeah, i feel so lonely in arab world, and i think that my best friend has no idea about "MLP: FiM"

but i think if i told him about that I'm a brony, he will respect me. "not sure if he will become a brony or will dislike the show, i'll find out soon"

Edited by ~Chaotic DoomGuy~

Also, on another note, we would instantly be invaded. No one is going to take a country with that kind of theme seriously, even if it would be aesthetically pleasing.

The only ridiculous country that people take seriously is North Korea.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

As much as I like ponies and the community, I cannot approve of the theme song, especially not as a national anthem. Sorry, but it should be about the country not about ponies.

And aside from that I really dislike the theme song too. It's one of those show-intros that I hate. Modern TV shows like Breaking Bad or Dexter have way better intros. Of course they are for adults but I never liked that kind of intros as a kid too.

But I do understand that maybe other kids like them.

@@Harmonic Revelations,

There has been lots of ridiculous stuff during kim jong il era because he's a batshit insane leader that use tax money to buy mac products and cognac but Kim jong un is actually a sensible leader that's slowly reforming north korea and he's shown his political cunning by removing all political opponents that were deeply entrenched from his father's era.

@@Harmonic Revelations,

There has been lots of ridiculous stuff during kim jong il era because he's a batshit insane leader that use tax money to buy mac products and cognac but Kim jong un is actually a sensible leader that's slowly reforming north korea and he's shown his political cunning by removing all political opponents that were deeply entrenched from his father's era.

But he threatened to Nuke the US.

How is that sensible? That's just down right foolish. Not to mention, he is in many ways exactly like his father. North Korea is so oppressive that if anything he'd probably just kill his political opponents as long as their within his borders. Reforming North Korea in what way?