Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 Toy Fair

Emerald Flame

A bunch of new stuff has been revealed so far from the 2013 Toy Fair! Some of the most exciting things are:

• Blind bag Fluttershy WITH HER OWN MANE! B)
  • Brushable Derpy
  • More unique blind bag molds (probably for new character sets)
  • What looks like another tin from Enterplay

Pictures of this stuff (and a lot more) can be found here: http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/my-little-pony-from-toy-fair-2013-7214/

So, what are you most excited about?

Edited by Emerald Flame
  • Brohoof 7

Woah. That is amazing. I now know what I need to save my money for: LOADS OF PONIES!!! I have very high hopes for Hasbro. And they're even making figurines of the characters that only showed up in the first episode! That's awesome, because those were some pretty cool characters, despite their very small screen time.

Edited by nerfman100
  • Brohoof 2

Awesome! By the looks of it, Hasbro is really going out of their way to cater to us now. They even have a Derpy brushable. I thought Derpy was all but gone. Maybe this means the rumors about them phasing her out were false.

Anyway, here are a few things I noticed from the pictures. Note that all of these observations are from what appears to be official Hasbro merch, not licensed products.

• They are releasing a Crysalis and a Shadowbolt brushable, which leads me to believe they're coming out with a villains set.
  • The Crysalis brushable has a reused princess mold with painted on holes, which is lazy in my opinion.
  • They are releasing Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon brushables, which will probably be in a set.
  • Derpy brushable!
  • New blind bags including Nightmare Moon, Octavia, Steven Magnet, Manny Roar (manticore), Crysalis, Twist, Silver Spoon, Flim-Flam Bros., Smarty Pants, and new versions of the mane six blind bags.
  • Chrysalis blind bag appears to have translucent wings and actual holes.
  • Fluttershy blind bag has a new mold including show accurate hair.
  • Steven Magnet and the manticore (Manny Roar) finally have official names, and they're both trademarked.
  • Princess Luna Design-a-Pony
  • Brohoof 3

:wub:

I am assuming that most, if not all of this, will be available at places like Walmart, Meijer, and hot topic?

Does anyone know if the more unique blind bags (like the new fluttershy, chrysallis, alicorns, Octavia, and such) will be the $2 blind bags from walmart, or the five dollar ones from hot topic? Or will they just be in the $10 Sets?

Walmart just now got to the blind bag sets of the clear non-sparkled ponies. I think I am pretty well the only one buying them lol...

Edited by jreidsma
  • Brohoof 1

SEE? I told everyone I say Derp-*cough* Ditzy Do on the cloud on the leaked clip. Nopony listened to me! I bucking called it!

Anywho, I'll be cheering from the sidelines. I don't buy MLP merchindise.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy....................................................With..............................................her......................................................................OWN......................................................................................MANE.................................................................................................................img-1161170-1-ed5.gif

See more on Know Your Meme
  • Brohoof 4

Anybody who likes the official My Little Pony page on Facebook gets updates about new merchandise.

They are saying that there are Toys R Us exclusives again coming out this summer. The TRU ones include:

Queen Crysalis

Princess Cadence

Shining Armor

A filly (Diamond Tiara?)

Lyra

Another pony (Lotus Blossom)

And DERPY!!! yaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Also, the Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash and the giant Nightmare Moon will also be TRU exclusives. :)

• Brohoof 1

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Does anyone have a picture of the Fluttershy blind bag, but with her actual hair?!?!? I need that in my life, like if i had to pick oxygen, or Fluttershy blind bag with her own hair, id pick Fluttershy! XD

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Does anyone have a picture of the Fluttershy blind bag, but with her actual hair?!?!? I need that in my life, like if i had to pick oxygen, or Fluttershy blind bag with her own hair, id pick Fluttershy! XD

Here she is along with Steven Magnet, the Manticore, Rarity and Nightmare Moon. I'm not sure if she'll be released in blind bags too but it's very likely.

My-Little-Pony-Toy-Fair-2013-037_1360451

It's also apparent when you compare her to Rarity's big legs that it isn't just a new hairstyle but a whole new pony sculpt.

Edited by Malakili
  • Brohoof 1

Here she is along with Steven Magnet, the Manticore, Rarity and Nightmare Moon. I'm not sure if she'll be released in blind bags too but it's very likely.

My-Little-Pony-Toy-Fair-2013-037_1360451

It's also apparent when you compare her to Rarity's big legs that it isn't just a new hairstyle but a whole new pony sculpt.

It's just too good to see her with her hair, and not dashys XD I can't wait till i can get my hands on her! ^_^ lets just hope she is released in the UK :D do we know when she is being released?

It's just too good to see her with her hair, and not dashys XD I can't wait till i can get my hands on her! ^_^ lets just hope she is released in the UK :D do we know when she is being released?

I think they'll be released around June, as a post on the MLP Facebook page hinted at :

"Surprise! All of your favorites are included in the new Toys ''R'' Us My Little Pony Friendship is Magic exclusives! Which one are you most excited to get when they arrive in-store this summer?"

They were talking about brushables (like Derpy and Lyra yay!) rather than Blind Bags but since they were announced at the same time I suppose they will come out roughly around the same time  ;)

• Brohoof 1

EQD just posted more pictures from the fair. They're higher resolution, and show some things that weren't on the website I linked to earlier. They've made a new Rarity blind bag with a shorter tail, probably for the Elements of Harmony Friends set, and brushables with masks. The masks look like they're from some sort of Mardi Gras type festival. New pony holiday perhaps?

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/new-toy-fair-pics.html#more

• Brohoof 1

I'll just lazily combine some posts I made on Derpy Hooves News on the matter :P:

It certainly took them long enough to make an actual bind bag mold for poor Fluttershy, considering she is one of the mane characters :P. I love how they’ve started making them properly, with unique molds to make the characters look like they do in the show. They better bring all this new stuff my way :P.

...Also, it's cool how the sea serpent is literally called 'Steven Magnet' on the packaging ;)

EDIT: And for anyone doubting - does this prove that love for Derpy amongst Hasbro still exists?

Edited by Bubblegum

My wallet is ready.

Ok, things there are and things I'll buy.

What is there:

* Chrysalis Brushable and Molded

* Octavia Molded

* Lyra Molded

* Princess Twilight Sparkle Brushable

* Shining Armour Brushable

* New Fluttershy Mold

* Manticore Molded

* Sea Serpent Molded

* Apple Bloom, Twist, Silver Spoon, Diamond Tiara Brushables and Molded

* Granny Smith Molded

* Flim/Flam Molded

* DERPY LUNCHBOX!

* DERPY BRUSHABLE!!

* DERPY SHOULDERBAG!!!

Things I'll buy:

*All of it, but ESPECIALLY Derpy Hooves.

My wallet shall be eagerly waiting to get that Derpy merch,

201-toyfair-hasbro8.jpg

First Octavia figure. Unfortunately, an underwhelming incarnation. What's with the crossed eyes? Maybe if they fix it, it will look 10x better. That's supposed to be Lyra next to her. Sad. Very Sad.

On a positive note, I don't collect brushables but that "Shadow Dash" looks awesome.

Any Funko ponies they make I will buy, so cheers to the coming days of Toyfair 2013 for their unveiling!

Edited by Party Cannon

I am overall very disappointed with their offerings this year. That Chrysalis is not just lazy it's SHAMEFUL. You have the audacity, the GALL to try and pass of YET ANOTHER CELESTIA MOLD off on us as an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER?! No Hasbro. Just no. I'm not doing that. That made me so very mad.

The only place where they seem to be "shining" is the hard bodied offerings, like the blind bag and hard figurines. Their brushable category just makes me want to throw things into a fire. A big, (go ahead get mad) brushable pony fueled fire, fueled by Alicorn Twilights, and constant re-releases of every Mane 6 character they've shoved down my throat for the past year when they've got HUNDREDs of other ponies in their intellectual property pool they could have made instead.

Hooray for finally having a little mass released Derpy, how long have we been asking for that? Wonder how hard she'll be to find? (Very.) And Lyra...even though they already made her once...

I'm interested in this pony though. I'm wondering if she's Twilight's replacement at this point. After all, her cutie mark is a sun, and the definition of Twilight is: the light from the sky between full night and sunrise (mirriam webster)Screen+Shot+2013-02-10+at+9.35.55+AM.png

• Brohoof 1

I'm wondering if she's Twilight's replacement at this point.

I'm almost certain that they're not replacing Twilight, because why would they replace one of the most loved characters with somepony else nobody knows?

• Brohoof 1

I'm really hoping some of these will make their way to England at some point, I desperately want some of these.

Desperately.

I'm really excited about these. I just hope if they ARE US exclusives, that the shipping isn't as sky high as it usually is otherwise I won't be able to get any.

I'm almost certain that they're not replacing Twilight, because why would they replace one of the most loved characters with somepony else nobody knows?

Why would they make Twilight an Alicorn? At this point, it's Hasbro's game, and Hasbro is Crazy. Nothing they do EVER makes sense. (I've been collecting MLP for way too long...experience tells me this...) don't put anything past them....

Nothing they do EVER makes sense.

What. Whaaaaaaaaaaat. Have you slipped your gears? Did you even look at the toys there? Hasbro's not stupid. They make terrible decisions, but they're not completely incompetent. See the Derpy toys? If Hasbro was crazy, then they wouldn't be making those.

What. Whaaaaaaaaaaat. Have you slipped your gears? Did you even look at the toys there? Hasbro's not stupid. They make terrible decisions, but they're not completely incompetent. See the Derpy toys? If Hasbro was crazy, then they wouldn't be making those.

Look at that Chrysalis toy and tell me that again. That thing should be burned, not mass produced. And not incompetent? Clearly you weren't around for g2 or G3-3.5; but a quick Google search will show you Hasbro's sordid pony past. I will concede that Hasbro makes the occasionally intelligent decision, Derpy being one of the rare ones. But the stupid ones come far more often it seems than the smart ones. As I said in my initial post, the toy scene this year isn't completely grim. They did do some decent stuff. But the stuff they did badly, they did *horridly*.

Look at that Chrysalis toy and tell me that again. That thing should be burned, not mass produced. And not incompetent? Clearly you weren't around for g2 or G3-3.5; but a quick Google search will show you Hasbro's sordid pony past. I will concede that Hasbro makes the occasionally intelligent decision, Derpy being one of the rare ones. But the stupid ones come far more often it seems than the smart ones. As I said in my initial post, the toy scene this year isn't completely grim. They did do some decent stuff. But the stuff they did badly, they did *horridly*.

You seem to be the only one upset about the toys. Yes, they're using the same models, but we still get them right? There are Derpy Hooves toys, a Doctor Whooves Shoulder bag and lots of other stuff. They're working on a movie with an IP for "older girls/fans", they're making Derpy, Octavia, Chrysalis, and countless other merch. Sure, the Fighting is Magic is upsetting, but we're repeating the Derpy Dilemma ALL OVER AGAIN. And if you're THAT upset about it, why bother to buy it? Seriously, calm down.

(P.S: You know you can make customs, right?)

Edited by Sketchi
  • Brohoof 1