Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Sketch

Octavia's Cellozoid

I drew Rarity! So far, it's just a sketch. Simple pose, I know, but I needed something simple to start with. I thought I'd post it so I could see if something needed to be changed before I make it final. What could I do to make it better?

post-4683-0-91396100-1360890372_thumb.jpg

Now in color :D

post-4683-0-18615600-1360895174_thumb.jpg

Edited by Octavia's Cellozoid
  • Brohoof 7

Rarity is my favorite pony to draw, due to her complexity. That said, you did a very good job! Just as a bit of something to fix, the front front leg is a bit thin where it bends, I would suggest fattening it a bit (only slightly.).

Also, you draw the snout inside the circle? :P I personally draw it outside, as the head is already a circle, but that's just me.

....Tavi... Draw... Best Pony... Or else...

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 1

Nicely done!  Your guidelines are dark, but it looks like the proportions are dead-on.  Is this a walking pose?  It looks like she's standing on two legs.  If she is walking, you might want to have one foot start to touch the ground while the other is in the "passing" position.

Here are character walk cycles  to show you what I mean:

http://www.thegeekprofessor.com//graphics/other/mlp/pony_walk_animated.gif

I hope this helps.  Excellent work! :)

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

Well Tavi, you've done it again!

Rarity looks even more beautiful when you sketch or draw her, she must be pretty happy at you.

But, if I was you I'd watch out for Firebolt.

Trixie might be sad, if you don't.

img-1174886-1-tumblr_m6uon6DVcH1qc5ffho1_1280.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Lightning~
  • Brohoof 1

Yay for 2nd best pony.

Now draw Rainbow Dash and I will brohoof the post and make my friend join so he can brohoof the post.

(Okay, I'm only brohoofing it once. Don't tell anyone.)

Rarity is my favorite pony to draw, due to her complexity. That said, you did a very good job! Just as a bit of something to fix, the front front leg is a bit thin where it bends, I would suggest fattening it a bit (only slightly.).

Also, you draw the snout inside the circle? :P I personally draw it outside, as the head is already a circle, but that's just me.

....Tavi... Draw... Best Pony... Or else...

I draw two circles :P

Best pony shall be next.

Nicely done!  Your guidelines are dark, but it looks like the proportions are dead-on.  Is this a walking pose?  It looks like she's standing on two legs.  If she is walking, you might want to have one foot start to touch the ground while the other is in the "passing" position.

Here are character walk cycles  to show you what I mean:

http://www.thegeekprofessor.com//graphics/other/mlp/pony_walk_animated.gif

I hope this helps.  Excellent work! :)

Kind of. More like she was surprised at something, and almost took a step back. But, thanks!

Well Tavi, you've done it again!

Rarity looks even more beautiful when you sketch or draw her, she must be pretty happy at you.

But, if I was you I'd watch out for Firebolt.

Trixie might be sad, if you don't.

img-1174886-1-tumblr_m6uon6DVcH1qc5ffho1_1280.png

Lol, thanks.

Yay for 2nd best pony.

Now draw Rainbow Dash and I will brohoof the post and make my friend join so he can brohoof the post.

(Okay, I'm only brohoofing it once. Don't tell anyone.)

:D
  • Brohoof 1

I must say that this is a very nice sketch!  You seem to have all of the basics down and I really do not see much, if anything, that would need adjusting. And it seems you have plenty of request already, so I cannot wait to see your next piece.

• Brohoof 1