Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So... Show stoppers... (specifically, the song)

Evilshy

Scootaloo was "singing". Applebloom was "dancing" and sweetie bell did some set and costume "design". We all know how well that turned out.

But who was on guitar on synth? Because they were actually doing it right.

That was an awesome song. According to Sibsy (senior storyboard artist), there's a "good version" where Scootaloo doesn't sound out of tune.

That was an awesome song. According to Sibsy (senior storyboard artist), there's a "good version" where Scootaloo doesn't sound out of tune.

Sounds like the perfect sort of thing to throw on to an OST.

It was a good song, and scoots singing was only horrible in certain parts, the rest of the time it was okay. A version where the singing is actually good the whole time would be awesome. an extended version would be awesome as well :)

• Brohoof 1

Once the lyrics were approved (usually along with the whole script), Daniel came in. I would give him some brief direction at the start - then he’d come back with an initial recording (usually with a temp singer). He would sometimes make small adjustments to lyrics to suit the music better. I don’t recall giving him many notes that were beyond tweaks, except for when we had to ask him to make the Cutie Mark Crusader theme song WORSE - poor Daniel! But it was an essential story point that their performance was legitimately bad. Once all was approved, he produced the final records.

~Lauren Faust (source)

Even if it was only a rough draft, I really want to hear the original CMC song. Here's hoping it gets released in some form eventually.

Although this would sort of destroy the entire conception of the CMC and turn the members into "just anypony", they should do the song right in the episode where they all find their cutie marks.

but like I said, that episode might never come, because it destroys their characters (or at least what makes them interesting as characters)

maybe the finale or something. That'd be pretty moving imo.

Yeah, the "good" version of the CMC theme that Sibsy heard was a demo recording with a demo singer. Jayson Thiessen confirmed this at his 30-minute Q&A at BroNYcon back in September.

Daniel wants to get the CMC cast together to record a proper rendition of the song, but it didn't happen, and as of now, it doesn't exist.

Edited by Senn555