Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Friendship Express OOC

Descant

Damnit. I said I wouldn't do it, but the temptation is unbearable. Chances are you won't accept this OC anyway, considering she is quite... odd. *cough*She has no personality*cough*

Name: Mirror

Link: Kapow!

Species: Blank

Talent: None Copying

Why are you in Canterlot?: Because she is in Canterlot? She doesn't have anything better to do then aimlessly wonder around.

Your Region: I'm just gonna say AEST, as Australia has multiple time zones.

• Brohoof 1

Another Descant RP? dont mind if I do. I would like to join with my (Renamed) OC: 

Name:Classy "Styles" Pants

Species: Pegasus
Talent: Dancing, with some experience in male fashion
Reason for being in Canterlot: Visiting his relative: A very well to do unicorn who happens to be very high in canterlot circles and seems to be strong into fashion...(ill let you muddle over who exactly that is, and no it is not Rarity)
Region: I was never good at time zones, its the same one as Chicago (CST i believe)
Edited by SørenWolf

Sorry I haven't replied in a while, I lost interest in MLP:FIM but will still be on this form for RPs.

Anyways: I shall be entering this RP as String Strung (Link Below)

Name: Star Rain

Link: In my signature(which is all the in Canterlot where you can't reach it! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)

Species: Unicorn

Talent: Art and magic

Why were you in Canterlot? Was to participate in an art contest of some kind.

Your Region: (So I know when to expect your posts) Eastern Standard Time

Any species besides alicorns are permitted, correct? If I DO join I may use Cas and/or Seirian, an ahuizotl and manticore (respectively).

Name: Deep-Freeze Opal

Link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/deep-freeze-opal-r2121

Talent: Cryogenics (At Will)

Why were you in Canterlot? He was teaching one of his lessons to the foals of the city; he was convinced to do this by a mare he had met in Canterlot. She is currently gone on a trip to Fillydelphia, so only he could take the trip of the Friendship Express, which, strangely, is practically free...

Your Region: (So I know when to expect your posts) I'm at the Central Time Zone, (e.g. Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, etc.)

Finally, we have less stallions! I finally get to use one! Personally, I have never actually gotten to use this OC. Can't wait to give him a shot :D

Oh, and before I leave out the bonus, this is the only RP I'm in, except the D&D RP, but that will only begin in a few days, or even a week, so I'll be here and fully focused for longer than usual! :D

Whoa. Look what happens when I fall asleep. So many applicants! I need to do some counting. Hopefully I'll be able to accept everyone. Not sure there's that much space left, though. How many were there on the SSR? 12?

I don't want to see any more applications until I have this lot sorted out. Give me a bit, anyone else who wants to join.

Name: - Creeping Dusk

Link: - In my signature

Species: - Earth pony

Talent: - Hiding and sneaking

Why were you in Canterlot? - He's off work for a few weeks, and decided to visit several places where he heard his old friends had ended up, Canterlot was last on his list.

Your Region: (So I know when to expect your posts) UK - GMT

I'm assuming that he's already attended to all his business in Canterlot when he's boarding the train, eh?

Since both of the other RPs I'm involved in move at the speed of a glacier...eh, why not?  ;) 

Name: Pensez Rêvez

Link: Linkity Link Link

Species: Unicorn pony

Talent: Writing and languages

Why were you in Canterlot: Private tutoring

Your Region: PST

Or I could pull out Jabbermouth...he's a suave sonofagun.

Name: Jabbermouth

Link: Linky Linkity Linkage

Species: Unicorn pony

Talent: Selling stuff, being a smoothtalking ladykiller

Why were you in Canterlot: Laying low (but still in style, of course) after a deal in Hoofington went bad

Your Region: PST

Decisions, decisions...which sounds better to you, @Descant? I honestly can't decide.

Don't make me choose! D:

Well, I really like the look of Jabbermouth. I love conmen. And he has a flimflam look about him. I wish we saw more Flim and Flam in the series.... Well, I'm getting off track. But in all seriousness, I want a character like that in my own arsenal.

When you say ladykiller, he doesn't actually kill ladies, does he? ANd how'd the deal go bad? I'll probably accept you.

Name: Melody

Link: Here

Species: Earth Pony

Talent: Music and singing

Why are you in Canterlot?: Currently she's on vacation enjoying the fun in Canterlot.

Your Region: EST (Ohio)

So many musical ponies applying! You'd think this RP was about a concert. 

TBH, I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed at the moment. I'll consider ya.

Damnit. I said I wouldn't do it, but the temptation is unbearable. Chances are you won't accept this OC anyway, considering she is quite... odd. *cough*She has no personality*cough*

Name: Mirror

Link: Kapow!

Species: Blank

Talent: None Copying

Why are you in Canterlot?: Because she is in Canterlot? She doesn't have anything better to do then aimlessly wonder around.

Your Region: I'm just gonna say AEST, as Australia has multiple time zones.

Make up your mind! 

Okay, that's easily one of the simplest and coolest pony personalities I've seen. Although I'm not sure how she'd do in such a social RP. What happens if she's in a big group?

Another Descant RP? dont mind if I do. I would like to join with my (Renamed) OC: 

Name:Classy "Styles" Pants

Talent: Dancing, with some experience in male fashion
Reason for being in Canterlot: Visiting his relative: A very well to do unicorn who happens to be very high in canterlot circles and seems to be strong into fashion...(ill let you muddle over who exactly that is, and no it is not Rarity)
Region: I was never good at time zones, its the same one as Chicago (CST i believe)

I'm touched you think so highly of my RPs. And I see you've changed Styles' name. What's classier than pants? 

As I said before, I'm slightly overwhelmed and pretty tired at the moment, but you'll probably be accepted.

Sorry I haven't replied in a while, I lost interest in MLP:FIM but will still be on this form for RPs.

Anyways: I shall be entering this RP as String Strung (Link Below)

Shame to hear you've lost interest. But all the same, it's good that you're sticking around, eh?

So many musical ponies!

Could you please, just humor me and fill out the form? Thank you. <3

Name: Star Rain

Link: In my signature(which is all the in Canterlot where you can't reach it! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)

Species: Unicorn

Talent: Art and magic

Why were you in Canterlot? Was to participate in an art contest of some kind.

Your Region: (So I know when to expect your posts) Eastern Standard Time

My knee hurts... Sorry, that's irrelevant.

The odds are in your favor.

Any species besides alicorns are permitted, correct? If I DO join I may use Cas and/or Seirian, an ahuizotl and manticore (respectively).

Well, it depends on the species, I suppose. Would a ahuizotl or a manticore even fit on a pony-sized train?

Is it too much to ask for character pages, my friend? I don't know what an ahuizotl is, actually.

Name: Deep-Freeze Opal

Link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/deep-freeze-opal-r2121

Talent: Cryogenics (At Will)

Why were you in Canterlot? He was teaching one of his lessons to the foals of the city; he was convinced to do this by a mare he had met in Canterlot. She is currently gone on a trip to Fillydelphia, so only he could take the trip of the Friendship Express, which, strangely, is practically free...

Your Region: (So I know when to expect your posts) I'm at the Central Time Zone, (e.g. Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, etc.)

Finally, we have less stallions! I finally get to use one! Personally, I have never actually gotten to use this OC. Can't wait to give him a shot :D

Oh, and before I leave out the bonus, this is the only RP I'm in, except the D&D RP, but that will only begin in a few days, or even a week, so I'll be here and fully focused for longer than usual! :D

A pegasus who can freeze things at will... Well, I've seen stranger. I thought the Opal family were generally unicorns. Huh. 

Well, you're on the consideration list. I don't know if I'm going to be able to accept everyone who's applied, but I'll certainly try. 

Name: Unholy Sight

Link: (check signature for oc)

Species: Zebra/pony

Talent: traveling

Why were you in Canterlot?: wanted to "see the sights" so to speak XD

Your Region: (So I know when to expect your posts) Pacific Time Zone (PTZ)

I must have missed your application. Here we are...

Ha. 'See the sights.' I'm probably going to accept you for that pun alone. But I need to sift through all of them, so I hope you don't mind being patient with me.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 2

I'm assuming that he's already attended to all his business in Canterlot when he's boarding the train, eh?

One would assume so, yes. 

If you need to reject anyone from the RP, I dont mind if you choose not to add me. I'll not be offended :P 

One would assume so, yes. 

If you need to reject anyone from the RP, I dont mind if you choose not to add me. I'll not be offended :P

Well, if you insist. I mean, I don't really know at the moment. I'm super tired. Didn't get enough sleep. Might take a nap around noon or something. 

If I do accept him, just don't have him go crazy killing-spree on us.

Ahuizotl? It's the giant cat thing in Read It and Weep, named (rather originally) Ahuizotl. They're an Aztec myth.

Oh. Is that what that was? Well.... I'm not wholly convinced either an ahuizotl or a manticore would fit on a train. (Rarity is best pony) If you could pick a smaller non-pony or a pony, please?

Edited by Descant

Well, if you insist. I mean, I don't really know at the moment. I'm super tired. Didn't get enough sleep. Might take a nap around noon or something.  If I do accept him, just don't have him go crazy killing-spree on us.

lmao whatever do you mean? 

He's a shy and somewhat awkward stallion, not a mass murderer :L 

The garden party was the first RP I ever took part in, so I have a better idea of how i'll want to use him this time round. 

And it's not that I insist you dont pick me, i'm just saying that if there are others who want to partake and there's not enough room for us all, i'll be alright with not joining. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm touched you think so highly of my RPs. And I see you've changed Styles' name. What's classier than pants? 

well its designed to hint at his...Brother? Cousin? still not sure of the relation just yet. 

Idk, i feel that I made who the relative is painfully obvious. but ill leave it up to your imagination for now

lmao whatever do you mean? 

He's a shy and somewhat awkward stallion, not a mass murderer :L 

The garden party was the first RP I ever took part in, so I have a better idea of how i'll want to use him this time round. 

And it's not that I insist you dont pick me, i'm just saying that if there are others who want to partake and there's not enough room for us all, i'll be alright with not joining. 

Fair enough.

well its designed to hint at his...Brother? Cousin? still not sure of the relation just yet. 

Idk, i feel that I made who the relative is painfully obvious. but ill leave it up to your imagination for now

Ah. Well, it's not very subtle, in any case. I wasn't aware unicorns usually shared family names, in any case. The only family names we see as canon throughout the series would be Earth Pony ones. The Apples, the Cakes, the Pies...  

@

With that new post from Flame Dancer, I think it would be best if you could accept a few of us early so you may begin. If there are too many current applicants, it's okay if I am one of the ones who aren't accepted.

Love the design, I gotta say. Beautiful design.  And I really like her story and personality. But, like I said in Rule 1, I don't much like alicorns. And I'd rather not make an exception for her, even if she is technically a pegasus. Do you insist on using her as is? Since the horn is broken, I might just grudgingly accept her.   Is she based off of Ty Lee from Avatar the Last Airbender?

Why is it everypony is so adamant on keeping my OC out of their roleplays? She is a pegasus now, and the snapped horn is just part of her backstory. It doesn't have to mess with anything.

Why is it everypony is so adamant on keeping my OC out of their roleplays? She is a pegasus now, and the snapped horn is just part of her backstory. It doesn't have to mess with anything.

It's not so much that she's now a pegasus, but more that she was once an alicorn. Alicorns are realized, not born or made. 

(Notice I didn't say no. I'll take her as is if you insist, which it appears that you are.)

not born or made. 

Did you not see the new episode?

Twilight did just randomly sprout a pair of wings you know...I'd personally class that as being made... 

@

With that new post from Flame Dancer, I think it would be best if you could accept a few of us early so you may begin. If there are too many current applicants, it's okay if I am one of the ones who aren't accepted.

Well, I'm going to accept fourteen. Seven Mares, Seven COlts. And we have fifteen applicants and accepteds at the moment...

I'll give everyone another lookover, and I'll prepare to start soon. But I have stuff I need to do first too, so you might have to wait a bit. 

Did you not see the new episode?

Twilight did just randomly sprout a pair of wings you know...I'd personally class that as being made... 

Uh, yes, I did, and that's why I say not born or made, specifically. She was realized, not born an alicorn, and Celestia didn't single-handedly make her an alicorn. The burst of magic that did the transformation was her own. Celestia was ultimately not the one to transform her. She just provided the means. The burst of magic that transformed Twilight came from her own heart. And she was fully realized; and was made an alicorn.

1:36

It's a fine line between realisation and creation. 

Edited by Descant ♫
  • Brohoof 2

Still - she was made an Alicorn. I'm not trying to start an argument over this, i'm simply pointing out an error in your previous comment. 
You just said yourself that she was made an Alicorn, despite earlier saying she wasn't...

Still - she was made an Alicorn. I'm not trying to start an argument over this, i'm simply pointing out an error in your previous comment. 

You just said yourself that she was made an Alicorn, despite earlier saying she wasn't...

Alicorns are realized, not created. It's a fine line, and you're not seeing the distinction. *sigh* Here, let me try again.

Yes, Twilight became an alicorn. But Celestia did not make her an alicorn. She became fully realized, and wrought the change herself. It's kind of hard to explain, and I can't find my source for this argument that explains it... When I do, I'll be sure to provide.

I guess you could compare it to how Aang became a fully realized avatar, just with less stuff about chakras. 

Its never stated anywhere that Alicorns can't be born. That's why in my story she was born one. And in the end of her backstory, she isn't one.

Fair enough, I guess. 

If theres still an opening I would like to join as my stallion OC Flying Ace the link is in my sig.

THere might be one, I'm not sure. 

I don't want to see any more applications now until I've sorted through the rest of them. If you don't get in, I'm sorry. But if someone drops out I'd be happy to take on someone else in their place.

We can take three mares and four stallions at the moment. Both FD and I have expressed a willingness to switch, so we can do four mares and three stallions, or five stallions and two mares. I'm currently weighing all my options. Please be patient with me, and if you're not chosen, I apologise, and you can always join later on if we start getting dropouts, eh?

Edited by Descant ♫

The only family names we see as canon throughout the series would be Earth Pony ones. The Apples, the Cakes, the Pies...  

Funny you should mention the Cakes...

One unicorn, One pegasus, sharing a name... (im not trying to cause trouble i just thought id share this

• Brohoof 3