Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should all of the Mane Six become alicorns?

DR Leper Lupinstein

Alicornified Mane Six  

161 users have voted

1. 1. Should the Other Mane Six Members Become Alicorns?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

(edited)

An alicorn Rarity just surfaced. As we learn from our experience, we can’t easily dismiss every rumor because while some of them turned out to be false, some of them were confirmed.

Let’s speculate the possibility that the mane six becomes alicorn princesses.

The poll:

1. I like it because they all deserve the reward.
  2. I like it because it’s their destiny. They are the element bearers after all.
  3. I like it because they look better as alicorns.
  4. I like it because they are equal.
  5. I like it because it opens doors to new possibilities.
  6. I’m looking forward to episodes where they learn to fly/cast magic.
  7. I don’t like it because it cheapens alicorn myths.
  8. I don’t like it because the mane six don’t represent 3 races anymore.
  9. I don’t like it because it propagates the message “Every little girl wants to be a princess”.
  10. I don’t like it because it’s executive meddling.
  11. I don’t like it because some of them won’t be comfortable being a princess.
  12. I don’t like it because it’s difficult to get used to their new look.
  13. I can’t relate to them anymore.

NOTE: You can select multiple options.

post-13863-0-95008000-1369121239_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadPointer
  • Brohoof 1

An alicorn Rarity just surfaced. As we learn from our experience, we can’t easily dismiss every rumor because while some of them turned out to be false, some of them were confirmed.

Let’s speculate the possibility that the mane six becomes alicorn princesses.

NOTE: You can select multiple options.

The toys tend to be as reliable as 4chan. Being a non-canon entity, Hasbro has, does, and will continue to cash out on toys (since they're a toy company tongue.png) as much as they can, even if it means throwing wings and horns on all the primary characters in the toyline for a specific series of toys.

@@MadPointer,

We already happened to have an extremely similar topic to yours, so for convenience your thread has been merged with the older one. The older topic has also been retitled slightly to make the subject of discussion more clear.

As for the actual question, no. I'm not sure how I feel about even Twilight becoming an Alicorn, and all of the others seem to fit much better into their current roles.

S4 is not a fanfic, therefore it will not fall off the slippery slope of the directions of the show and won't commit resources to something this far-fetched. Plus, I don't really feel the others would be ready anyway.

Twilicorn and EqG were once seen far-fetched.

Megan McCarthy said, "Every little girl wants to be a princess" and that there will be 53 alicorns(this one might be an April 1st joke). At this point I'm not sure if she really means it or she trolls us.

Eh, I think they were still more reasonable than the Mane 6 all becoming all powerful rulers of Equestria and opening up ministries for the incoming war.

psst... Did anyone notice the show ruined Fallout: Equestria by making Twilight an Alicorn? It's a crime I say!

S4 is not a fanfic, therefore it will not fall off the slippery slope of the directions of the show and won't commit resources to something this far-fetched. Plus, I don't really feel the others would be ready anyway.

The others not ready? Maybe... Depends on the explanation of what happened in MMC and why. I fear, that the whole alicorn-thing might turn out as an hard case of border-crossing. Between presenting something that sells good and something that is actually good. We have to wait. And might get disappointed...

• Brohoof 1

No I dont think Twilight should turn them into princesses. However if we are to get a story arch of Rainbow or Fluttershy ect becoming a princess then I would be fine with that. Becoming an alicorn seems to be something that is realized not granted. Twilight ascended when she realized and applied a full/heightened understanding of the magic of friendship. Celestia guided a process that Twilight had already started just as she had guided Twilight since the beginning. I could see Rainbow Dash eventually becoming a princess of loyalty or Fluttershy one of Kindness. However Princess hood isn't granted it is earned just as a cutie mark is earned. Through realization and application and the hard work in-between. 

(edited)

@Anadu Kune

Can you specify the exact moments when you think Celestia chosen the destiny for Twilight and when the process started.

Edited by MadPointer

I think that may be a good idea for the series finale. I know most people will disagree with me on this; it's just a fun little idea I had anyway, nothing serious. Maybe there could be an extremely powerful villain at the end of the series and the main six all become alicorns in order to defeat him/her, along with Celestia,Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor and Discord. Then the episode could end in a time skip to when the mane six have kids and those kids of theirs go on adventures very much like their mothers did. This is just an idea I came up with not too long ago. I don't hate the idea of all six girls becoming alicorns, but if they did incorporate it into the series, I believe that it would be best if they were to do it as the series finale.

Of course not. If being a princess is like being a hipster, then this would make it mainstream. sleep.png 

Did anyone notice the show ruined Fallout: Equestria by making Twilight an Alicorn? It's a crime I say!

And right after they had given Fallout: Equestria a shoutout in "It's About Time" too! Ugh.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

i thought only unicorns can become alicorns..by the way..NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER..that would ruin the entire story line..

Actually. No. Not only unicorns can become alicorns.

To the best of my knowledge, Cadence was a pegasus before she earned her alicorndom.

Edited by Megamare

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they should because they all have their own important role in Ponyville. If they were all princess then Applejack probably wouldn't work at her apple farm. Rainbow Dash might not be able to get into the Wonderbolts. And so on...

I think it would be a great idea. The remaining five could each become Alicorns after completing epic tasks throughout the next season(s) or even for saving Twilight and Canterlot in a future story (should this happen)! My mind is buzzing with the possibilities. :D I'm sure whatever happens the writers will deliver something splendid! 

I think absolutely!

You see, they all kinda of deserve to be.

They are all in the elements of Harmony, they have all defeated something pretty serious, and do lots of good everyday!

If Twilight is a Alicorn, I can't see how her friends can't be!

No. because it would make the show very boring to watch. Twilight was a one time deal....as that's basically what she was learning/studying for more or less, other then to further her knowledge of magic. It was Celestia's plan the whole time.

That's a good idea just not at this point in the season. Because, could you imagine having 6 princesses? I couldn't that would be just about it for me. That would ruin the whole show if they made Twilight Sparkle make all of her 5 friends princesses.

NO. Like I said in another thread, four princesses is enough. I agree with the others here in saying that all of the  Mane6  should become princesses, as that will cheapen Twilight's accomplishments and just cheapen the title of princess overall! So, no!

in my opinion it really depends on where there taking the story for now no but they introduce new thing that could make it happen or just fit in then yes.

No way. We have enough alicorns, thank you very much.

It's not just the amount though, it would make the show all about pretty princess ponies who are all absolutely perfect. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound very good to me. 

(edited)

no what the hay? Why would anypony want that? >__>   <__<   >__>

Anyways, no. Firstly, alicorns are supposed to be rare and a buch of other ponies suddenly becoming alicorns would make that alicorn thing not-so-special. And secondly, it would just be weird! I don't want them to change :V How can it be fun if they're all alicorns..

Edited by Jokuc

(edited)

Something-17_zps56c3d37e.png

Personally, I think that making the other mane six alicorns would make the show a lot more boring. I like how Twilight is one of the few alicorns in Equestria, and that makes her sort of unique. huh.png

Edited by ermahgerdapples

Just Twilight becoming a princess is more than enough. If they were all princesses . . . I'm pretty sure you can guess how convoluted that would be.    

Ah big fat NO, Sure its cool that twilight is now a alicorn, kind of hope it's not going to be forever or anything but as for the other mane 5 no. They are fine the way they are well better then fine more like perfect because they all bring something special to the show and to each other, if they are all alicorns well they can now all fly and do magic.

1310497097772.gif

They don't learn and do QUARTER of the things Twilight had to do. They just sit around and learn friendship lessons.

Besides, wouldn't you to complete a magic spell to be an alicorn? Technically, only Rarity could have a chance at being an alicorn. But lets face it, they might as well have an Asteroid crash into Ponyville.