Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should all of the Mane Six become alicorns?

DR Leper Lupinstein

Alicornified Mane Six  

161 users have voted

1. 1. Should the Other Mane Six Members Become Alicorns?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I'd rather have Twilight remain a princess at the end of the season 4 opener than have all of the Mane 6 become Alicorns. Rarity's been shown she can't be trusted with wings, Pinkie Pie can't be trusted with magic or wings, Applejack doesn't care either way, and Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash wouldn't have a use for magic.

The writers changed Twilight for a reason (marketing, story, or otherwise), so making the rest of the Alicorns would just be change for the sake of change, which I am not okay with.

At the very most, I would only be okay with the idea if it was for the series finale, and even then, I want them to just become princesses, not Alicorns.

(edited)

I hate how so many of you would not want the other five main ponies to become alicorns.

Seriously! How do you expect me to cope with Princess Twilicorn, if I can't do something like make this thread?

Only Twilight is the apprentice to Celestia, only she has been the mane focus (there is a reason why this show begins Ep1 and ends this season with her), she's incredibly bright and a born leader, and only she has the most powerful current magic in Equestria (maybe not compared to Celestia but then again she bowed down to her). The whole last S3 episode was about destinies and becoming an alicorn /princess was her next step and HER destiny. There is absolutely no reason why the other 5 should become alicorns. You just need to deal with that fact. There is no pony affirmative action program that's going to keep them all at the same level. Sometimes people get promoted, they can still be friends with those not at the same status.  

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hate how so many of you would not want the other five main ponies to become alicorns.

Seriously! How do you expect me to cope with Princess Twilicorn, if I can't do something like make this thread?

So you create a poll but we can't give you our opinions unless they're the same as yours? All everypony did was just answer the question, we didn't say you couldn't make this thread. 

Edited by Malakili
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I dont get what you're saying.

What we merely are doing is stating our opionions in which this case, all of them are a NO.

There is no one forcing you to not make this thread. Its only opionions, and that's all.

Edited by Moon Wave
  • Brohoof 1

Dude, calm down. I'm upset at Twilicorn too, alot of us are; but there's no need to lose sleep over it. It'll be sorted the way it's sorted, and I have complete faith in the writers.

• Brohoof 2

FUCK NO! I'm still not happy with Twilight being an alicorn. If that were to happen, I'd honestly stop watching the show and just read the comic series (unless it happened there, too.)

w1yq1m.jpg

Being an alicorn is earned and given or born as a alicorn. There would be no point in turning the rest of the Mane 6 into alicorns, being a alicorn would lose its value.

Twilights been studying under princess Celestia for a long time now and its been foreshadowed a bit that she'd become her successor eventually.

However having the other's become Royalty would make no sense, and I highly doubt it will happen. Plus I feel like most of them would look pretty dumb as Alicorns. I think Twilight can pull it off, but someone like Pinkie as an Alicorn? That would be so strange..

And it would take away the uniqueness of Alicorns, so I don't think so.

No, they are good the way they are. If this did happened, I wouldn't be surprised, Friendship is Magic is a money making thing for Hasbro, if little girls want magic flying princess ponies, they might make the writers do it.... Just saying.

Alicorn Twilight is fine for me.But all the mane 6 as allicorns? NONONO!! That would really change the show.And besides,if they were all alicorns,heres what the new name should be: My little princess:alicorns are magic :P

(edited)

Perhaps not going to the extreme of making all of the other Mane 6 be alicorns, but upgrading them in some way as the bearers of the Elements of Harmony... I could get behind that. I've seen some great artwork, this for example:

post-2257-0-38166100-1362199762_thumb.jpg

Then again, that might change the dynamic of the show a little too much.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 2

Heck no! It would be so obvious, then and the show wouldn't be that exciting for me at all. :( Plus a few things I want to mention. My guess is if Twilight ACTUALLY made her friends princess/alicorns then maybe the other pony folk will know and start demanding Twilight to turn them into princesses too. Now that would be the WORST, POSSIBLE, THING!

Seal-of-approval.jpg

This lovable seal depicts my entire reaction in opposite land. I can't imagine ALL of those ponies becoming alicorns. It will blow my mind to opposite ends of the earth. I mean, dear god, if RD was an alicorn, what would happen? 10,000 sonic rainblooms all at once?

You know, as much as I'm on your side on this issue, and I would really like to see the writers figure out a way to do this that makes sense, I can't see it.  I do, however, favor some kind of an upgrade- like Dash *officially* becomes a Wonderbolt, Rarity becoems a world famous fashion designer, etc. 

No, they are good the way they are. If this did happened, I wouldn't be surprised, Friendship is Magic is a money making thing for Hasbro, if little girls want magic flying princess ponies, they might make the writers do it.... Just saying.

Hasbro could still sell those toys without necessarily changing the canon, in fact I believe they already do. Little girls have sufficient imagination to make up their own stories while playing with the toys, I mean, Isn't that the point of toys anyway?

(edited)

I don't think it would happen. One, it kinda ruins the idea of destiny that the last episode was telling. You know Applejack working on the farm, Rarity making dresses, Pinkie Pie making everypony happy, and Fluttershy with animals. Also Rarity might want to be one, but she would still want to work at her shop and Rainbow Dash would have a harder time becoming a wonderbolt if she was a princesses.

So I have to say the idea would not work.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

I Already dislike Twilicorn so no

1. Why would Equestria need  9 princesses?

2. I like them as earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns a unicorn

3. Alicorns were supposed to be rare (as said by Faust) and I like her idea, Cadence wasn't even supposed to be one.

I got it now.  *This* is how you pull it off. 

*Discord* turns everypony into an Alicorn!  :lol:

Discord:  You're an alicorn! *zaps Pinkie Pie* You're an alicorn!  *zaps Rarity*  You're an Alicorn! *zaps Applejack*  EVERYPONY IS AN ALICORN!!!

• Brohoof 1

Rarity might go for becoming an alicorn, but I don't think Applejack (for example) would. She's a down to earth, hardworking farm pony with a close knit family. She'd never want Big Mac, Applebloom or Granny Smith to feel they have to bow down to her.

• Brohoof 1

I am upset over the whole Twilicorn situation, and although she did deserve it, I'm still upset over it. She should have just stayed as a damn unicorn, but nope.

And I mean, cmon, Twilight is already powerful enough. Can you imagine Pinkie and Apple Jack? They don't have wings or horns so they cant fly or use magic. And I still cant believe how none of them showed a slight hint of jealousy. :/ Anyway, I'm just saying it would be more fair if they were all alicorns but I just wouldnt want it to happen.

I just wish I could rip Twilight's wings apart and make cupcakes out of them. T.T Then make her not be a princess. That would be best for me.

Rarity might go for becoming an alicorn, but I don't think Applejack (for example) would. She's a down to earth, hardworking farm pony with a close knit family. She'd never want Big Mac, Applebloom or Granny Smith to feel they have to bow down to her.

The only ones I could see accepting it are rarity and Pinkie Pie.  Rarity because she'd love the elegance and social status that comes with it, and Pinkie because, well, she'd probably go along with anything as long as it was fun.  Fluttershy would feel really  self conscious, Applejack would be too modest to be comfortable with it.  Raindbow Dash would find it totally irrelevant- of course a unicorn horn isn't going to help her join the wonderbolts.