Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the mane six will all turn into alicorns?

Artist-Sky

I want Starlight Glimmer too be an alicorn. But only in the season 8 finale. The mane six? No. Because then Discord should be the greatest alicorn. Seriously he's done a lot of magical f**kery. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Hierok said:

Please, no. If this needs to happen, please do it in the show. :orly:

I'd prefer such a thing to happen in a movie honestly; more time, effort and money put into making such an event occur.
there'd be a high probability of it being rushed and not done well if it was done in a standard 2 parter in show.
Of course, I seriously doubt (as in, I am willing to say I *KNOW* it will not happen, not just I *think* it won't happen) the mane six will ever become alicorns in the show in any way shape or form.

3 hours ago, Meeps said:

This question made me laugh, but at the same time, I could see it happening...

Uh oh :sunbutt:

What if this become one of those series that just keeps having to one-up itself with the next "cool" thing or power up?

Eh, they kind of toned that crap down after S4 and rainbow power. We've had zero EOH stuff since then, and that kind of gets rid of any "Massive power up" potential.

Not that I don't think its a logical and likely thing for the show writers to do, as EQG has shown this is their "Normal" operating method-- RR upped EQG 1 with a giant rainbow alicorn laser, EQG 3 had midnight and daydream shimmer, EQG 4 had everyone get super powers, ect.

Its just that the show is currently frozen in stasis-- they can't introduce powerups because they have the movie coming down the line, and powerups of ANY kind will ruin the movie's canon by making them ask "Why aren't they using XXXX?" (There's already a massive plot hole about discord after all). As such, any new powerups will almost certainly wait until S8 well after the movie.

Additionally, I expect they'll try and keep any powerups restricted to when they want to advertise or sell GOH action figures, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do a GOH spinoff where they seperate the action and power ups in the show to a side mini-series or something.

34 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

I want Starlight Glimmer too be an alicorn.

No.
NOOOOOOOO.

DO NOT WANT

35 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

Because then Discord should be the greatest alicorn. Seriously he's done a lot of magical f**kery. 

Being an alicorn isn't about raw magic, its about inner harmony or doing a great act-- otherwise starswirl the bearded would have become an alicorn, or Sombra.

Also, Discord is another race, that kind of is like asking for your Ratticate to evolve into a mewtwo because its got super high stats.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I'd prefer such a thing to happen in a movie honestly; more time, effort and money put into making such an event occur.
there'd be a high probability of it being rushed and not done well if it was done in a standard 2 parter in show.
Of course, I seriously doubt (as in, I am willing to say I *KNOW* it will not happen, not just I *think* it won't happen) the mane six will ever become alicorns in the show in any way shape or form.

Eh, they kind of toned that crap down after S4 and rainbow power. We've had zero EOH stuff since then, and that kind of gets rid of any "Massive power up" potential.

Not that I don't think its a logical and likely thing for the show writers to do, as EQG has shown this is their "Normal" operating method-- RR upped EQG 1 with a giant rainbow alicorn laser, EQG 3 had midnight and daydream shimmer, EQG 4 had everyone get super powers, ect.

Its just that the show is currently frozen in stasis-- they can't introduce powerups because they have the movie coming down the line, and powerups of ANY kind will ruin the movie's canon by making them ask "Why aren't they using XXXX?" (There's already a massive plot hole about discord after all). As such, any new powerups will almost certainly wait until S8 well after the movie.

Additionally, I expect they'll try and keep any powerups restricted to when they want to advertise or sell GOH action figures, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do a GOH spinoff where they seperate the action and power ups in the show to a side mini-series or something.

No.
NOOOOOOOO.

DO NOT WANT

Being an alicorn isn't about raw magic, its about inner harmony or doing a great act-- otherwise starswirl the bearded would have become an alicorn, or Sombra.

Also, Discord is another race, that kind of is like asking for your Ratticate to evolve into a mewtwo because its got super high stats.

I should have elaborated more. I'm 90% joking too be honest. If Hasbro decides they want a sixth alicorn then Starlight Glimmer is going too be an alicorn. That being said I'd rather they didn't. My opposition though has too do with the canon if the show. Alicorns haven't been explained for f**k all.

Up until I watched the season six preimeire I assumed that Luna, Celestia, and Cadence where born as alicorns. Flurry Heart undermines what it means too be an alicorn. Speaking of which what it takes too be an alicorn is vague as hell. Too be honest what Twilight did in Magical Mystery Cure wasn't that impressive. Not compared too her later magical feats.

But that's what made her an alicorn. Hell Celestia didn't even know why she did it in the season four finale. So before anyone else can become an alicorn I'd rather have the writers explain how alicorns work and what it takes too be one. But if they can't do that and they decide too make GlimGlam a alicorn anyways, there better be a damn good reason. Whatever Starlight would have too do would have too be 100 times greater than anything Twilight or the mane six and Spike has done. 

*Then Cadence could have time too make Starxie and FlutterDash canon.

On 7/13/2017 at 4:42 PM, Unlikeable Pony said:

No.
NOOOOOOOO.

DO NOT WANT

Agreed. As much as I love Starlight, her ascension would make no sense; what would she even be princess of? Even if it were to happen it shouldn't be anytime soon, her character is already suffering from how fast the writers are progressing her story with so little time on screen (Seriously, graduating after only three episodes of friendship lessons?).

On 7/13/2017 at 8:45 PM, Tilgoreth said:

But if they can't do that and they decide too make GlimGlam a alicorn anyways, there better be a damn good reason. Whatever Starlight would have too do would have too be 100 times greater than anything Twilight or the mane six and Spike has done. 

If they do decide to go through with it, I'd like to see them use M.A. Larson's original idea for MMC, Pandora's Box. They'd have to change how the box would work exactly, but Starlight impulsively opening the box is something that would work for her character more than it ever would have for Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

If they do decide to go through with it, I'd like to see them use M.A. Larson's original idea for MMC, Pandora's Box. They'd have to change how the box would work exactly, but Starlight impulsively opening the box is something that would work for her character more than it ever would have for Twilight.

I don't know, they already did a box plot with S4's box with rainbow power inside (probably inspired by larson's original idea at that), so it might come off as similiar to introduce another box of plot importance.

7 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Agreed. As much as I love Starlight, her ascension would make no sense; what would she even be princess of? Even if it were to happen it shouldn't be anytime soon, her character is already suffering from how fast the writers are progressing her story with so little time on screen (Seriously, graduating after only three episodes of friendship lessons?).

Plus it would seem like a massive middle finger to the other 5 imo.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

No. Twilight was enough. Yes, her friends helped her become a princess, but she still is the Princess of Friendship. I mean, what would they be princesses of?It does make sense for there to be multiple Princesses of Friendship, but Twilight, and I quote, "displayed the charity, compassion, devotion, integrity, optimism, and of course, the leadership of a true princess." I am a cannon person, and I do theories bases on cannon facts, so here we go. Let's see what traits each of the main six have.

Rarity: Rarity of course is charity! She also has compassion for others. She is devoted to her work and her friends. Let's face it... She's not the most optimistic person of the six, and she doesn't really show integrity.

Fluttershy: She is no doubt the compassion of the group. She is very devoted to her animals and friends. She is also the charity as she would give up many things for her friends. She, like Rarity, is not really optimistic, and doesn't really show the integrity.

Rainbow Dash: Dash is the devotion of the group. Let's face that fact that Dash is not really a charity type .-. She has compassion, She has integrity when she needs it, and is very optimistic.

Applejack: She is the integrity of the group. She can be optimistic but not as much to make it valid. Applejack is also charity, and compassion. She is also very devoted.

Pinkie Pie: The optimism of the group, no doubt! She is also charity, and compassion. She is also devoted. She isn't integrity, though she is honest when she needs to be.

The 5 of the 6 don't really show leadership as a trait. They have all tried in episodes that we've seen, but the pony who is the leader is Twilight.

Twilight showed all traits as Celestia has said. Let's see which episodes best show her traits.

Charity: The Crystal Empire Part 2
She was willing to let Spike save the empire even though she knew it might jeopardize her test performance.

Compassion: 
There are really multiple episodes that she shows this trait.

Devotion: 
The same with this, but the episode that shows it the most is Winter Wrap Up. She is determined to help the others as she finds her special task.

Integrity: She really shows this alot.

Optimism: She shows alot of optimism. I like the fangirl sides of her XD

Leadership: Always.

This is my statement. Not changing it unless new things come up.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sketchy Tune said:

No. Twilight was enough. Yes, her friends helped her become a princess, but she still is the Princess of Friendship. I mean, what would they be princesses of?It does make sense for there to be multiple Princesses of Friendship, but Twilight, and I quote, "displayed the charity, compassion, devotion, integrity, optimism, and of course, the leadership of a true princess." I am a cannon person, and I do theories bases on cannon facts, so here we go. Let's see what traits each of the main six have.

Rarity: Rarity of course is charity! She also has compassion for others. She is devoted to her work and her friends. Let's face it... She's not the most optimistic person of the six, and she doesn't really show integrity.

Fluttershy: She is no doubt the compassion of the group. She is very devoted to her animals and friends. She is also the charity as she would give up many things for her friends. She, like Rarity, is not really optimistic, and doesn't really show the integrity.

Rainbow Dash: Dash is the devotion of the group. Let's face that fact that Dash is not really a charity type .-. She has compassion, She has integrity when she needs it, and is very optimistic.

Applejack: She is the integrity of the group. She can be optimistic but not as much to make it valid. Applejack is also charity, and compassion. She is also very devoted.

Pinkie Pie: The optimism of the group, no doubt! She is also charity, and compassion. She is also devoted. She isn't integrity, though she is honest when she needs to be.

The 5 of the 6 don't really show leadership as a trait. They have all tried in episodes that we've seen, but the pony who is the leader is Twilight.

Twilight showed all traits as Celestia has said. Let's see which episodes best show her traits.

Charity: The Crystal Empire Part 2
She was willing to let Spike save the empire even though she knew it might jeopardize her test performance.

Compassion: 
There are really multiple episodes that she shows this trait.

Devotion: 
The same with this, but the episode that shows it the most is Winter Wrap Up. She is determined to help the others as she finds her special task.

Integrity: She really shows this alot.

Optimism: She shows alot of optimism. I like the fangirl sides of her XD

Leadership: Always.

This is my statement. Not changing it unless new things come up.

They could be emissaries instead of princesses :dash: . 'sides, they display many virtues worthy of horn and wing sets in my book :D 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would feel very forced to make them all alicorns, I wouldn't have liked that. They all would have important roles to fulfill in their world. Leadership. And then they would have practically no time for each other anymore. It would have been perfect if Twilight just stayed in Ponyville, in her own castle, surrounded by her friends, like always. She is the princess of friendship, she needs to be close to the pony folk, she is not the ruler type.
I really enjoy the important episodes where dramatic things happen, but I also always like when they return to their normal lives afterwards. Which didn't happen after the finale.

• Brohoof 1

Would've been weird for the entire Mane 6 to become Alicorns since most of them don't need spells or flight to function in day-to-day living. I know that AppleJack would've been mortified if she had to start picking apples with magic.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Headcanon: The conflict in Gen 5 only exists because Pinkie Pie became an Alicorn and everypony got sick of singing about smiles all the time. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1