Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are there more pro-Twilicorns than anti-Twilicorns?

Commander_PonyShep

It's actually a pretty even split. It just depends on where you go, and which side just happens to be more vocal there. Vocality is everything.

Agreed.  There's definitely a schisim in the fandom when it concerns Twilight's ascension.  The main reason people are probably more accepting is due to a variety of reasons, some being "She just gains wings, deal with it" while others offer more supportive arguments of "we got a taste of her in the finale, the writers will flush her character out more, and we're hooked now much like the person who gives free samples at the grocery store."

yeah i'm kinda with the OP on this, but no matter how much we didn't want it to happen, it did. the best thing is just to remain optomistic and not jump to any conclusions about the future.

so with that, i've come to a somewhat bitter acceptance of twilicorn. i think it'll be okay. i still liked the finale,  but really wish they hadn't done that.

Edited by crazitaco

Commander_PonyShep, you seem to be taking this entirely the wrong way.  You can't just say that no one can like it because you don't.  With EVERYTHING, you have to understand and accept that there are going to be differing views, and each opinion is just as valid as the next.  Yes, you might be in the minority, but that doesn't make either your opinion or theirs the wrong one.  You've heard the phrase that "everyone is entitled to their own opinion", I'm sure.  But the way you're acting is pretty much equating supporting Twilicorn with supporting Nazism - that there is no way it's the right idea and people who support it are terrible people.  I realize that's a very extreme analogy, but it seems fitting.

I personally hope and believe that Twilicorn is here to stay - there is no mistake to correct, and therefore they will keep Twilight as an alicorn.  If the writers revert her back to a unicorn, I feel that this will cheapen everything that she has accomplished so far.  It'll be caving in.  No offense to the community in general, but the developers should NEVER allow the fans to dictate important plot points.  They shouldn't change entire storylines just because some people don't like what happened.  The writers are aware of the "outrage", but they're also aware that there is a huge part of the community that SUPPORTS Twilicorn as well.  No matter what they do, they'll upset half the community.  The examples you cited were about bringing back popular characters, not entirely re-writing one of the major plot points.  You're comparing changing Twilight back to a normal unicorn with making an episode where Trixie makes a reappearance.  You can't say that Twilight being an ordinary unicorn is how the show was MEANT, because the writers can make the show mean whatever they want it to mean.

You don't know for certain what the future has in store, so how can you say that this change is a mistake?  All you - or any of us - can do is ASSUME.  You ASSUME that Princess Celestia changed Twilight's destiny by making her an alicorn, but it's been heavily implied that becoming a princess was ALWAYS Twilight's destiny.  I really think that the biggest problem people have with this is that they feel blindsided by how QUICKLY the change came on.  Had it been executed differently, maybe more people would be on board with it.  But they're basing decisions off of a single episode because that's all we have to go on at the moment.  Season 4 will give the writers a chance to prove Twilicorn's value to the community as a whole.

Here's how I see the change:  As people learn and grow, they change.  Change isn't inherently good or bad, it just IS.  Everything changes to some degree... even friends.  The others of the Mane Six won't feel as though they've been left out or anything, because they know that Twilight has EARNED her wings.  When your best friend changes, you don't turn away from them.  You accept them for who they are.  Twilight is still Twilight, but now she has flappy things.

• Brohoof 1

I think the remaining thing to do with us that disagreed with the Twilicorn thing is to just focus on the other characters and salvage whatever is left. Hasbro is ruining the show and the best we can do is take what we can while the good memories remain. Though there is no problem in expressing your problems with the issue at hand.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1