Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PMV - When Can I See You Again?

Pixel Stick

Hi everyone.  I'm pleased to present my very first PMV.  It's to Owl City's "When Can I See You Again?", from the Wreck-It Ralph soundtrack, and it follows the growing relationship between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash.

Unfortunately, YouTube blocked this video as soon as I uploaded it due to the music.  I really don't want to have to do something as drastic as change the pitch of the music.  But it looks like Vimeo accepted the video, so here's the link.  I apologize for not being able to embed it directly in the post - if someone knows how, that'd be awesome. smile.png

http://player.vimeo.com/video/60400985

(10:26pm PDT: Video is back online!  Thanks for your patience. smile.png)

Edited by Harvan
  • Brohoof 4

Wow, that sucks that Youtube was being such a meanie to you, especially when that'll limit exposure to great stuff like this! This is really excellent work, especially for a first PMV. I was particularly impressed by the first minute or so, which had great lip syncing, timing, and energy.

Some suggestions:

• Sometimes you slowed down a clip too much, like from 00:57 to 1:00. If you have to slow something down that much, best to not use it at all.
  • Slight overuse of this clip:

i-h9JG58Q-S.png

But these are just little nitpicks. I loved it overall!

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that sucks that Youtube was being such a meanie to you, especially when that'll limit exposure to great stuff like this! This is really excellent work, especially for a first PMV. I was particularly impressed by the first minute or so, which had great lip syncing, timing, and energy.

Thank you. :)  It's not the first time I've made a music video like this - just my first one based on MLP. :)  I did one combining Weird Al and The Princess Bride a number of years ago that is kinda like this one in style.

Slight overuse of this clip: (Scootaloo closeup)

But these are just little nitpicks. I loved it overall!

Thanks for the feedback. :)  I was going for a sort of "she's still awed" moment toward the end, and I couldn't find many other clips of Scootaloo looking up to Dash, unfortunately.  This was a pretty challenging video overall.

But I appreciate the feedback - if/when I do more of these, I'll take that into account. :)

Just updated the video to get rid of some artifacting, ghosting and scroll-glitching that was happening because of the framerate.  Original source material is 24 FPS, but the first version I uploaded rendered at 30 FPS.  That's been corrected. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure on the etiquette for this, but I barely got any views on this video at all and only a couple points of feedback, so I wanted to bump it up again and see if I could get more exposure for it.  Please do watch it and let me know what you think. :)

• 2 months later...

Hey, just bumping this again - I was sorta hoping to get some more people to give this humble video a watching. :)  If you have the time and don't mind going to Vimeo instead of YouTube, I'd love to hear what you think.

• 1 year later...

*replies to 2 year old thread*

The clips match the beat of the music (ex: snapping photos of Dash), I really like that. The logos/watermarks can get annoying, but that's just a nitpick. Pretty good PMV, I love the song too!