Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever get sad that you won’t see the MLP FIM cast ever again?

echo.belle

I know that I’m very sadden and heart broken that I won’t see my favorite cast of ponies in any new episodes or movies ever again. At most, maybe an EG short or something but… I want my favorite ponies back. The new gen doesn’t hit the same and I don’t find many characters or events enjoyable or lovable like the cast and events of MLP FIM

I felt like every pony of the mane six were very personable because they each had positives and negatives about them that everyone IRL deals with or lives daily with (ie fluttershy with extreme anxiety, applejack with workaholism, rarity with OCD, twilight with autistic traits, pinkie pie with ADHD, rainbow with self esteem issues that led to a need to be the best, etc). I don’t see much of that in gen 5 :/ and either way, the mane six were just better in every way imo. I’m very sad they’re gone forever 

A little. But all the FiM stuff is still out there and easily available to watch which I think helps. Knowing it's possible to just go back and watch an episode or two randomly whenever is nice. Plus the fan content helps too, there's so much art and FanFiction that I still haven't read which makes it feel like FiM is still kicking in a way. I know the fan content isn't for everyone though!

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I feel sad that we probably won't see the entire cast all together again. I liked G4 more than G5. The new gen doesn't feel the same as G4, but they have grown on me over time.  I don't think it's fair to compare both series as they both have different paths they are going even though they are in the same universe. Both casts have their ups and downs. It might be my bias to say that the G4 cast did feel very special and unique.

I wish we could get more of G4 and the ponies within it as well but unfortunately we never will. Which is especially frustrating with Sunset as her story will now join others like Sonic l, Teen Titans and countless other good series that were never properly ended.

I'm talking about the old school Sonic period where it was robotnic not eggman and he was far from a funny goofball...

It's a true shame but once these are ended that's it and there's no really much you can do about it except maybe try to petition the studio executives about it but good luck with that.

All it's just best to enjoy what you did love about such shows and then just try to find something else as good. 

I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear I'm sure but it just is what it is. 

Like I said if it really annoys start a petition and try to get others involved. 

• Brohoof 1

The human mind mourns for that which is longs for and thinks it will never see again. This is why the saying "You never know what you have until it's gone" is such a popular one. Eventually, though, one becomes used to the way things are and stops wishing for things to go back to the way they were. The past can attack the present only through the pain of your memories.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, I can't really say that I do. G4 had a good run. Nine seasons is fine, in fact, far better than fine for kids show standards. The Mane 6 got to tell their story and we have still seen them in bits of G5. It's time to move on. 

• Brohoof 4

I felt FIM got a good conclusion (there may have been a few things I'd have done differently, but that's to be expected). But I can't deny I miss the show and the enthusiasm I had for it. :rarity: G5 is enjoyable in its own right, but I feel I'll forever associate MLP with G4, as it meant so much to me and got me into the fandom.

EqG not getting a proper ending was really disappointing. But I know we'll never get one at this point.

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Hrm.... nah.

Had a long run with them already. I can still watch reruns if I want. Besides, the show was getting bad. It's better they ended it before things got really out of hand.

Agreed, they took it stupid directions. They should have gone deeper into the lore and past of MLP. Celestia and Luna's origins for example.

The show was basically finished with them doing that much stupidity. If they had made more quality episodes that actually went somewhere instead this series could have lasted indefinitely.

But, at the very they really should have resolved Sunset's story arc or at least let us see what happened to human Sunset. 

G5 episodes are about 2 steps above the worst episodes of G4. They're just watchable and barely.

so, I can sympathize with the OP of this thread as G5 has had less than a handful of events that were actually exciting and the characters have the depth of 5 year olds.

At least, we can make fanfics of it and kind of give our ending interpretations.

Well rip MLP G1-G4. At least we had a good run before the series ended.

Probably not, G4 had a good run but not everything of it was good. Equestria Girls was way better but it didn't survive the axe.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

But, at the very they really should have resolved Sunset's story arc or at least let us see what happened to human Sunset. 

Personally I would have retconned EqG out of existence. It was one of the worst parts of G4, and making it canon on the finale was a huge mistake.

Let's be honest for a moment here, EqG came to be only because hasbro wanted to bandwagon on Monster High's market. For the longest time the movies were subpar in quality. Long enough to keep me unninterested on whatever happened after friendship games.

19 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Personally I would have retconned EqG out of existence. It was one of the worst parts of G4, and making it canon on the finale was a huge mistake.

Let's be honest for a moment here, EqG came to be only because hasbro wanted to bandwagon on Monster High's market. For the longest time the movies were subpar in quality. Long enough to keep me unninterested on whatever happened after friendship games.

I love some of their musics though

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

I'd take the worst of EG over the best of G5 any day thou. 

Even the basic storyline makes absolutely no sense. Supposedly after we have perfect friendship and everyone getting along and peace amongst all creatures somehow it just magically goes away because of one rogue unicorn.

Oh sorry ALLL I CORN that we never heard of before and now apparently they were actually more common than we were led to believe as there is now a school and possibly place they all lived near.

Wanna bet Misty will turn out to be Twilight's long lost daughter or niece next?

IT Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they did that.

6 minutes ago, Star heart 777 said:

Supposedly after we have perfect friendship and everyone getting along and peace amongst all creatures somehow it just magically goes away because of one rogue unicorn.

There can be no perfection. So it makes a lot of sense to me things went south after the lazy "everycreature" horseapples from seasons 8 and 9 simply failed. Besides, you only need one bad apple to take down a bleak system.

I guess you didn't read the diary of the royal sisters. There were more alicorns out there than the show let us know. Btw, that book is canon to G4's lore.

Either way, pony >>>>>>>>>>>>> barbies

That said I'd prefer to catch up on g5 than rewatch any EqG

8 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

There can be no perfection. So it makes a lot of sense to me things went south after the lazy "everycreature" horseapples from seasons 8 and 9 simply failed. Besides, you only need one bad apple to take down a bleak system.

I guess you didn't read the diary of the royal sisters. There were more alicorns out there than the show let us know. Btw, that book is canon to G4's lore.

Either way, pony >>>>>>>>>>>>> barbies

That said I'd prefer to catch up on g5 than rewatch any EqG

You mean the journal of the two sisters?

Or is this another book completely?

Moments ago, Star heart 777 said:

You mean the journal of the two sisters?

Or is this another book completely?

That one. Excuse my wording, read it in spanish and the word for journal and diary is the same in this language, so I translated like that.

Huh, well this is a weird Mandela effect for me. I just looked at the journal and it is a little different from what I remember reading.

I remember reading the journal but with no mention of Alicorns other than specifically talking of the two sisters.

for example, I don't remember there being any part of Luna having been trained by alicorns and her entry simply starting with how she was going to enjoy training with Starswirl.

And yes it is for myself a Mandela effect how very interesting.

I'll not get into an argument over it don't worry but yes to me the portions talking of Alicorns is completely "new" to myself.

But like I said not to argue about it I'll just accept it as is then besides this seems more interesting anyways.

Do you ever get sad that you won’t see the MLP FIM cast ever again?

There's always a chance Hasbro could do a "epic crossover special" between Gen 4 and Gen 5 when they want to sell more merchandise. :zipp-wut::confused:

• Brohoof 3

I do miss FiM sometimes, but, I can always watch the old episodes again and there is plenty of fan made works all over the internet featuring everything from the Mane Six to obscure late series background characters. As my recent posts have suggested, I do wish some characters got more screen time or had another chance to hopefully appear in better episodes (especially true of two mares in particular who only appeared in one season 9 episode), but I've pretty much accepted that won't happen at this point, and since I'm learning art, might make my own art of them anyway.

While the series may be over, FiM and its characters still live on in various forms, mostly from the fandom.

• Brohoof 2

...no?

I can go back and watch FiM whenever I want (something I'm literally doing and having just finished S6, am firmly in the camp of 'it should've ended 2 seasons ago because the vast majority of it since has been downhill')

I'm watching, and even enjoying, G5 for the G5 characters, and wish it wasn't being dragged out to such an agonizing degree

• Brohoof 1