Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever get banned for Liking MLP?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Have you ever been banned from a forum for liking MLP, having a pony avatar, making a pony thread etc?
The wonderful people at Facepunch just banned me for I quote 'MLP ****'.
I'm getting sick of this I always get discrimination but now outright bans. 

MC1It5V.png

• Brohoof 9

Are you talking about Facepunch studios?

Either way, I got in trouble for MLP stuff a while back on another forum :?

No, I have never been suspended or banned from any site for any reason but if that happened for something as trivial and ponies than I would leave and never come back because I don't want any part of a site that suspends/bans people for trivial BS like that.

• Brohoof 5

Never got banned for anything related to mlp but then just saying 'MLP Shit' is vague as sin,and personally i hate being banned for a vague reason,if your going to ban me,please be specific as to why im being banned. 

But ya,im sure they where just deuchebags.

Well, I did post a pony reaction image outside /mlp/ a couple of times. And due to their global containment rule I got banhammered for it. Had to go upstairs and cycle ip, such a hassle.

But at the same time, it really is the only way to contain the pony to /mlp/.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Happily, no.

Because I go on brony-dominated forums anyways.

Here and a "Teen Psychiatric Ward".

Though I have gotten death threats because of it. Oh my.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper
  • Brohoof 2

No. There's only a handful of non-MLP forums where I have a MLP icon (one of which is a general cartoon forum) and I generally don't make a big deal about liking the show.

I do understand, though. I have been on other forums where a few prominent members switched to MLP icons, and then all of the sudden members were complaining about how MLP is "everywhere" and how "everyone" has MLP icons. *sigh* Some people will be big babies about this. It's just a matter of being able to tolerate other fandoms existing aside from the ones you're a part of.

• Brohoof 4

Are you talking about Facepunch studios?

Either way, I got in trouble for MLP stuff a while back on another forum :?

http://facepunch.com/

No, I have never been suspended or banned from any site for any reason but if that happened for something as trivial and ponies than I would leave and never come back because I don't want any part of a site that suspends/bans people for trivial BS like that.

I don't plan on going back it's clearly a bunch of douschebags there.

• Brohoof 1

I got a thread locked for discussing a problem I was having with another user related to MLP where I just wanted to ask who was in the wrong, which lead me to leave the forum after saying how inconsiderate and disrespectful the community and the admins were, getting me perma'd. I do not regret it one bit.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What a load of cunts. Putting it there, straight.

Oh yeah I got a couple of insults from members personally that I can't reply to because I was banned.

To add even more icing to the cake. 

When I have a forum people will just have to deal with the occasional pony post or picture.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

I have heard of someone who got banned from Doomworld, a DooM forum. They even had their post end up in Post Hell, which is where the bad posts are supposed to go (apparently.)

Doomworld is full of underage tough kids. I got banned from there a long time ago, I got stalked by the users for a while too.

This was a long long time ago before I watched mlp.

No, but the whole thing is just nonsense. That mod should be banned for banning someone just because they don't like a particular show. Lousy and pathetic. 

I made a thread for MLP in the TV section clearly that was beyond the pale even though there isn't a rule against it.

Also I think you shouldn't be allowed to be a mod if you blatantly bully someone and call there interests 'shit' and reason for a ban. 

• Brohoof 4

Doomworld is full of underage tough kids. I got banned from there a long time ago, I got stalked by the users for a while too.

This was a long long time ago before I watched mlp.

I made a thread for MLP in the TV section clearly that was beyond the pale even though there isn't a rule against it.

Also I think you shouldn't be allowed to be a mod if you blatantly bully someone and call there interests 'shit' and reason for a ban. 

Yep. That mod needs to be banned. You must love and tolerate as a mod, even if you don't like someone's interest. 

• Brohoof 3

The fact that they have moderators that do that on that particular site makes me question administration and their judgment in choosing moderators who obviously abuse their power. I have seen the consequences of moderation on other sites abusing their power and one particular experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that it caused me to shy away from forums in general for a very very long time.

• Brohoof 2

I’ve yet to get banned on a website for anything pony related, on pretty much every other forum I have my profile picture as Scootaloo and call myself Scootaloo, and occasionally post something with a little MLP in it.

I wouldn’t return to that site, sounds like it’s full of dick heads quite frankly. 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Have you ever been banned from a forum for liking MLP, having a pony avatar, making a pony thread etc?

The wonderful people at Facepunch just banned me for I quote 'MLP ****'.

I'm getting sick of this I always get discrimination but now outright bans. 

img-2801877-1-MC1It5V.png

Facepunch... thats weird because there are bronies there. with pony avatars.

Facepunch's community is like a mix of every kind of person. rude to nice.

Edited by Jake DiscoTech
  • Brohoof 1

I've been on both ends of the hammer.  I've banned bronies, and been banned as a brony.  

Back at the start of the fandom, my PFF and I would play on TF2 servers, and we loved our cute pony sprays.  It wasn't uncommon that we'd get banned by some badmin.

So we started our own TF2 server, with blackjack ponies and hookers tolerance!

Many a pony flocked to us, and we were soon in the top 10 worldwide rankings for TF2 servers.

Sadly, a few bronies couldn't respect our 'no clop sprays' rule, and I had to ban them after repeated warnings.

Thats awful, sorry to hear that happened :( 

For me it hasn't been an issue, but I'm only registered with this site forum wise :yay:

Does it count if I got vote kicked?

I had my name as rainbow dash at one point (Not anymore, might change it to another pony) and I got vote kicked off a cs go server, even though I was carrying our team. Great way to repay the guy whos just basically won you the game eh.

• Brohoof 2