Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever get banned for Liking MLP?

Revy ~ Two Hands

(edited)

I've never gotten banned for liking MLP. But like Cyan Blue and a few other people in this thread, I have got crap just for going around the internet with a pony avatar. Which does make me feel like this whole hate, stereotyping, generalization and discrimination of Bronies needs to stop. I just remember looking at a flame war I helped fuel a few months ago on YouTube yesterday via my Google+ stream (the video was named Stupid Comment Readings 24: Bronies "ruin" TF2, I was in a flame war with this guy who thinks none of us are socially acceptable and that almost all of us are "cloppers". He also thinks Bronies "ruin" everything) as well as the 2 times I've been asked to die and the numerous times people have used insults that I'd rather not repeat! And yes, because of how sick I am of seeing everything I saw, I deleted my now old Google account and have decided to create a new one from scratch. And as over-dramatic as I might sound, I don't plan on going on YouTube as much as I used to. Honestly, YouTube has got the worst online community I've seen. 

As a content provider on YouTube, I agree with everything you've said. The YouTube community is the most ungrateful and hurtful community I've ever worked with. People on YouTube think that they're high and mighty because they're sitting behind a username. I've also gotten a metric s*** ton of hate because I'm a Brony. People have told me to go and off myself multiple times. One person even sent me a Private Message detailing how he was going to find me and gut me like a fish.

Oh, wait, I need to post something relating to the topic... okay... Yes, I've been perma-banned from the Minecraft Forge forums for "Liking a little girl's show."

I've also been banned from various Minecraft, GMOD, and TF2 servers for having either a Pony Skin, Screen Name, or Spray.

Edited by SomeMaineBrony
  • Brohoof 2

Thankfully no no I haven't. And that ban is complete BS, what do they have the same 10 year olds that get on COD and scream a lot as mods or what?

• Brohoof 2

Yeah. I got banned from the MLP Forums for it.

Wait. No. That was just a dream.

Nope, never been banned from anything but Club Penguin for being a troll because I was bored. (I didn't do anything too bad, though. I remembered that its kids on there)

• Brohoof 1

who thinks none of us are socially acceptable and that almost all of us are "cloppers

*strangles several haters*

Thats pretty much what they all say :/ I use this pony avatar a load and get a ton of hate just from commenting on random videos on youtube. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No, I said in my introduction there are many fans of the show on my forum and in no way do we get criticized, even though some people don't understand the love. 

Edited by MidnightTwinkle

(edited)

As a content provider on YouTube, I agree with everything you've said. The YouTube community is the most ungrateful and hurtful community I've ever worked with. People on YouTube think that they're high and mighty because they're sitting behind a username. I've also gotten a metric s*** ton of hate because I'm a Brony. People have told me to go and off myself multiple times. One person even sent me a Private Message detailing how he was going to find me and gut me like a fish.

Oh, wait, I need to post something relating to the topic... okay... Yes, I've been perma-banned from the Minecraft Forge forums for "Liking a little girl's show."

I've also been banned from various Minecraft, GMOD, and TF2 servers for having either a Pony Skin, Screen Name, or Spray.

YouTube is by far the worst online community I have to block trolls constantly and I only have like 1160 subscribers.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

No, luckily, I may have pony avatars on forums (this applejack .gif - which dosen't seem to be working right now, how do you get .gif's to work? - is too adorable to be ignored!) but I never start any pony related threads (unless it's a GIANT forum like the Warframe forums) and only an idiot would ban me for having a pony avatar. :D

(edited)

I haven't been banned but I constantly get harassed and threatened on Kanyetothe to the point where I can't have a discussion without someone saying "OP is a brony/opinion irrelevant" or "You people need to be exterminated from society"

Oh well, it's a trash forum anyway (full of wanna-bes and trolls), I only go on there for music updates at this point :P

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

Numerous TF2 servers.

Modern Warfare 2, for talking about MLP.

Black Ops 2 lobbies.

World At War Co-op games.

Soldier Front 2 games, for talking to a fellow brony.

Garry's Mod, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and No More Room In Hell servers, for MLP sprays.

DOTA 2 games.

The list goes on and on...

• 9 months later...

i was literally JUST kicked from a race, probably for being a brony, although it could have been because i raced in a karin karuma, while everyone else was in higher tier cars.... but still :C

• Brohoof 1

I get a bunch of dislikes on Youtube. That's about it. Some when I say something on a non pony video say nasty things and either I leave it be or delete it. 

I'm sorry to everyone that's gotten banned or hated on cause of being a brony. It's very rude and immature of them.

• Brohoof 1

I've never been banned from anything, since I don't do much online outside of pony sites (don't play multiplayer games, don't use other forums, etc). I was chased off of tumblr more or less, though that had to do much more with me not being willing to submit to the Angry Hivemind...

I will say though that I can't believe you got banned from what appears to be the official forum for the company that made Rust. For those who are unaware, Rust is an online multiplayer survival/shooter type game with a very toxic atmosphere, easily as bad as the stereotypical atmosphere of a round of Call of Duty. In my short time playing that game, I was mocked for being a girl and called a variety of homophobic slurs, and though I can't remember if it happened to me per se women who played on my server were often called "sluts" and otherwise insulted in a sexual manner.

So, according to this lovely company, you can be aggressive and derogatory towards all the women and minorities you want, but liking My Little Pony will get you banned. 

And people say we're the bad part of the internet...

• Brohoof 1

No, I never have. I am not an open brony on most sites.

What if... someone got banned from here for being a brony!? ohmy.png

The likelihood of that happening is extremely low.

And people say we're the bad part of the internet...

Wait I thought that was 4chan.

Anyway no I haven't been banned, but I'm a recent addition to the fandom. So far there has been no incidents. I joined this forum though so I could talk about pony stuff and not get the hate.