Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever get banned for Liking MLP?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Well, some people on our forum do get banned because of MLP. Not so much about liking it but it's more about posting ponies everywhere and spamming.

As long as they stick to general chat forums, it's ok. What is not appropriate, is posting ponies in other places where they're not wanted.

People don't like bronies so, when bronies post about ponies on other places, people lash out at them, they retaliate and everyone gets banned. End of story, lol

Can't say I've ever been banned from a site before. Guess I'm not edgy.

Kind of want to go to Facepunch now, and just post MLP stuffz. I wanna see what happens :D

You'd get ridicule like no other hater. don't try it.,

(edited)

You'd get ridicule like no other hater. don't try it.,

I was just joking around, m8 :derp:

But meh. I think the reactions would be funny...but not worth the effort. I've got Pepsi to drink, waffles to eat, and Rarity to worship :D

Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Can't say I've ever been banned from a site before. Guess I'm not edgy.

Kind of want to go to Facepunch now, and just post MLP stuffz. I wanna see what happens :D

They banned me for a week. I'd prefer if they perma-banned me since I have no intention of going back.

If you made an a/c and posted ponies you'd get banned but obviously you'd rustle jimmies. Kind of childish thing to do

but also funny. Meh for the sake of integrity I'd say not worth it. 

Well, some people on our forum do get banned because of MLP. Not so much about liking it but it's more about posting ponies everywhere and spamming.

As long as they stick to general chat forums, it's ok. What is not appropriate, is posting ponies in other places where they're not wanted.

People don't like bronies so, when bronies post about ponies on other places, people lash out at them, they retaliate and everyone gets banned. End of story, lol

If it's not in the TOS they can't ban you for posting ponies in a relevant thread. Which it was.

That's just mods actually like children because they can. 

Edited by Gamer Twilight
  • Brohoof 1

If it's not in the TOS they can't ban you for posting ponies in a relevant thread. Which it was. That's just mods actually like children because they can. 

TOS ?

By the way, on our forum, moderators cannot ban, they can kick and that is all. 

TOS ?

By the way, on our forum, moderators cannot ban, they can kick and that is all. 

Terms of service. 

The mods on this forum are chill I've been here for ages without problem, you can actually talk to them too none of this elitist shit.

The mods here do seem nice. On our forum, there are over 430 moderators. Some are stricter than others..

I have seem some of them kick people who talk about MLP because a few are actual anti-bronies.

With that said, they cannot ban. This is not their decision to make and people will NOT get banned just because they like MLP unless they rub it into other people's face.

And our Terms of Service is outdated. I mean, we still tell people to report PM's containing illegal stuff   :lol:

I never got banned for liking the show, but I have been pick on for it, even more so then what I already did. I left that place and put it behind me.

I never got banned for liking the show, but I have been pick on for it, even more so then what I already did. I left that place and put it behind me.

On another forum I frequently go to, I was always been told by the staff there to change my avatar/signature because it doesn't fit the "theme" of the forum. I didn't even listen, thus they can't ban. I'm a staff member there now, and I own the largest MLP Fan Club there. They can't really say anything about it anymore. 

Alas, topic-wise, nope. I was never really "banned" because of liking MLP. 

Nope, I think as long as you don't spam MLP stuff like a damn fiddle not a lot of forums would ban you for such a stupid reason.

(edited)

I'm permabanned from Bro Team's Twitch streams because a guy recognized me there from the Bro Team forums and...well...he really hates MLP.

I don't even talk pony with the guys at the forums. x)

Edited by Dattebayo

I've never gotten banned for liking MLP. But like Cyan Blue and a few other people in this thread, I have got crap just for going around the internet with a pony avatar. Which does make me feel like this whole hate, stereotyping, generalization and discrimination of Bronies needs to stop. I just remember looking at a flame war I helped fuel a few months ago on YouTube yesterday via my Google+ stream (the video was named Stupid Comment Readings 24: Bronies "ruin" TF2, I was in a flame war with this guy who thinks none of us are socially acceptable and that almost all of us are "cloppers". He also thinks Bronies "ruin" everything) as well as the 2 times I've been asked to die and the numerous times people have used insults that I'd rather not repeat! And yes, because of how sick I am of seeing everything I saw, I deleted my now old Google account and have decided to create a new one from scratch. And as over-dramatic as I might sound, I don't plan on going on YouTube as much as I used to. Honestly, YouTube has got the worst online community I've seen. 

• Brohoof 3

I've never gotten banned for liking MLP. But like Cyan Blue and a few other people in this thread, I have got crap just for going around the internet with a pony avatar. Which does make me feel like this whole hate, stereotyping, generalization and discrimination of Bronies needs to stop. I just remember looking at a flame war I helped fuel a few months ago on YouTube yesterday via my Google+ stream (the video was named Stupid Comment Readings 24: Bronies "ruin" TF2, I was in a flame war with this guy who thinks none of us are socially acceptable and that almost all of us are "cloppers". He also thinks Bronies "ruin" everything) as well as the 2 times I've been asked to die and the numerous times people have used insults that I'd rather not repeat! And yes, because of how sick I am of seeing everything I saw, I deleted my now old Google account and have decided to create a new one from scratch. And as over-dramatic as I might sound, I don't plan on going on YouTube as much as I used to. Honestly, YouTube has got the worst online community I've seen.

Then you haven't seen nothing: The LoL community, the 4chan community, the Battlefield community..... I've seen it all. In communities their are nice and mean people. In these 3 though their are more than others. 

(edited)

When I ran KC:MM some time ago. I think around two years ago, one of the staff for the vault mad at a user who had a Pinkie Pie avatar, the one were she's adjusting her mouth.

The staff member was PISSED about this user only because of his avatar, and called him out on many occasions about the shows downfalls.

Me and the other mods didn't do nothing about this because at the time, he was only giving healthy criticism towards a shows content and not towards anyone in any negative fashion. However, that didn't last for long.

When the staff members attempts to get the user mad failed many times, he started to keep a close eye on him for all his actions, completely ignoring everyone else, which we have a zero tolerance policy about that crap. ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ANY OF THE STAFF.

About two weeks after hovering over this user,the pinkie pie user comes to the moderation corner to tell us about this specific staff member and what he was doing to him. What the user told us was nothing I ever heard since my time over there.

From what he told us, the staff member not only started cursing at him over PMs, he even threaten that he would delete all of his Brawl Hack projects he made if he told on anyone about this, and even made death threats, saying he'll track him with the IPS in his posts. Apparently, this was going on ever since he had that avatar, but because of said events.

Since I was one of the first Global Moderators to he up at this time, I had no time to discuss to an admin to decide his punishment.So me and another staff from the vault took matters into our own hands and decided to give him a permanent banning to the site. If he had let him off with a warning, he would probably be bound to make the same mistakes and thus, he came up with this decision.

It is sad to see users being picked on just because of thier likings. It just makes me sick. The way how I ran the site when I had temporary possession of it never would let this happen even on the day the bullying began.

So by the time we ban him, we gave the pinkie pie user to a custom title that said,"The Love and Tolerated,"for keeping strong against a threat and pushed on to do the right thing and report this loser. This wasn't the first case I had to deal with, but if you want to know about thay, just PM me or something.

Have I ever got banned for what I liked?

As for me, yes I have.

By the site I ran before. It was around late 08 to early 09. Me and the rest of the crew started establishing the site. I was freinds with the two founders and two global mods. I wasn't freinds with one of them and we would always get into bickering. This went on even to this day.

It wasn't until I found out I liked MLP is when this other mod didn't like me. This only made our hatred for each other grow. By the time the season 2 finale ended, he knew he had me by the ropes, calling it garbage and how I was garbage. That kind of shit dosent roll with me. So I give him muted status.However, he informed the admin via PM and banned me for no reason. With further research, I find out that I was banned because the admin didn't like the show aswell. After my van was lifted, I posted up in the boards rule, "no insults or any post that directs insults in anyway towards a user's likes and interests. Faliure to comply will put you with muted status, moderated the least."

Edited by TheDarkMysteryMan
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

YouTube literally does have the worst online community even worse than 4chan. I've accrued over 1150 subscribers to my channel and I've had to deal with so many trolls. By deal with I mean ignore or block because there are a lot of them. I don't reply to comments on my channel anymore because I can't be bothered with the trolling. That's how shit it is.

This might be the 4chan talking, but what if we could "raid" it? jk  ^_^

The butthurt would be immense so I won't stop you.

Since I don't want to use that a/c anymore because I'll just continue to get bullied and flamed and you can't delete

an a/c I have no choice but to go out in a reign of fiery glory. I mean what else am I supposed to do let people insult

me whenever they feel like it because I still have an a/c. Fuck that there will be ponies on every thread till I get permabanned which

should take about 10 minutes whenever my ban is lifted that is.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

@

Some are lucky, some are unlucky, I guess. I originally did have plans for my channel but, then all I ended up doing was never any actual videos but rather watching other peoples videos, liking, commenting, etc. It would be too late now as I no longer have the message Google sends to you to make sure of a choice like the one I made... Yeah, now I'm really starting to think the choice I said I made in my previous post in this topic was probably a bad one...  -_-

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

thats hilarious (but stupid) reason for banning someone

i might use that at work sometime

"why are you sleeping on the job?"

"MLP s*** bro"

Edited by UCD