Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever get banned for Liking MLP?

Revy ~ Two Hands

This is the kind of nonsensical idiocy that drives many people into self-loathe and depression.

I admit it, before joining the fandom, I couldn't even conceive the fact of adults enjoying this show, but banning people for it? Alienating people just because they enjoy a show that's weird from their perspectives?

I've never understood the why human beings with actual feelings, weaknesess would ever do such atrocities towards others. Ciber bullying, lynchings, ruthless disregarding of other people emotions. Why? Does it feel good? How is that even possible?

I'm glad I became a brony, I would pick my choice a hundred times over being an idiotic brat.

• Brohoof 1

I got banned by a mod on a minecraft creative server for pony pixel art on my own damn space. What's even worse is that it was just a small derpy model underground. I'm not sure how I got banned when I've seen mlp role plays and a lot more pixel art on other plots. Heck, sometimes the chat topic suddenly changes to mlp and everyone's cool with it. But then again, that guy was permabanning anyone who did something he didn't like. Me and several others posted ban appeals on the forums and, needless to say, that guy lost his spot as mod.

Over in the TV forum on Somethingawful they actually put it in the rules that you can't make threads or talk about mlp. You will be banned. It's one of the reasons I stopped posting there. Not that I was particularly interested in making an mlp thread in a non-pony forum (duh, that's what this forum is for), but it's just another example of the Somethingawful admin team making their whole community look bad.

Over in the TV forum on Somethingawful they actually put it in the rules that you can't make threads or talk about mlp. You will be banned. It's one of the reasons I stopped posting there. Not that I was particularly interested in making an mlp thread in a non-pony forum (duh, that's what this forum is for), but it's just another example of the Somethingawful admin team making their whole community look bad.

Sounds awful ;^)

I made a pun

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One of the Admins on a different non-pony forum decided to make my Profile an all out MLP themed Profile over night with the girliest style you could imagine. This Admin was a friend of mine and I knew it was a joke so no hard feelings and I actually laughed quite a lot.

I think the page is still up to this day...

Edited by Lunatic Cake
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...

I don't ever recall being banned for liking mlp

Times seem to be different though, I think society's become more tolerant. You can be a lot more open as a fan in other places and people will either not mind or not care (in a neutral way). just don't push it in their faces, like ppl were doing a decade ago.

Specifically online, I've noticed that nobody will pay no attention to an MLP pfp/name or will say that it's cute and talk about how they used to watch the show (in my experience at least) but nothing really bad or toxic. Like, I've seen pony everywhere and people are just like "yep cool whatevz :fluttershy:"

And, in one of the only multiplayer games I play, I've had /) in my screen name for the past few years. But, nobody's ever pointed it out honestly.

Well, other than a really good player one time pointed it out a few years ago. And then some time later they changed their name to "fluttershy" and never touched the game again. So now "fluttershy" is on a lot of worldwide leaderboards in the game, because y e s .

• 2 weeks later...