Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever get sad that you won’t see the MLP FIM cast ever again?

echo.belle

I think FiM ended at the right point, as it may have been on track to follow shows like The Simpsons had it continued on, and lost all semblance of what made it great to begin with.  With that said, EQG never got a proper ending, we never got an Elements of Harmony Volume III, more than one book miniseries was ended prematurely, we never got Seasons 8 and 9 on DVD, and all of the chapter books have been pulled from circulation (thankfully I already own them all).  Thank goodness the comics are still readily available, but I do not like how at least some aspects of G4 were rushed out the door.

With all that said, G5 is barely a shadow of what made G4 great, and while I don't think it's meritless, I do wish it could, and still hope it can, be better.  G5 only works in a vacuum, as it doesn't take much to remind me of just how much better G4 is in virtually every category.  I'm still keeping up with G5 as it's the only Pony content we've got now, but man do I miss when we had better characters, stories, songs and just general polish.  If we could have the greatness of G4 with a new cast of characters in a new storyline, then maybe I wouldn't have to miss G4 so much.  As it stands, my ability to appreciate the best aspects of G5 is directly proportionate to how long it has been at any given time since I've had any exposure to FiM or EQG content.  Perhaps it's in my best interest to avoid the trending vids of YouTubers reacting to FiM, but it's just so difficult as it gives me a nostalgia rush.  

• Brohoof 1

Maybe I'll be sad but I do have a feeling there is going to be a reboot some day perhaps?

It would be silly of them not to reboot it

6 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

I'll remain sad missing it:(  

But there will always be reunion events:fluttershy:  

I’m dying what they’ll do with the 20th anniversary of FIM :squee:

• 1 month later...

Maybe I was the odd one out for thinking this, but I was glad FiM ended when it did. :mlp_nom: I love the show, and I still find the characters immensely special, but it was time to go in my eyes. It became really apparent when the Student Six showed up that they were running out of ideas for the main six, hence they brought in a younger group to once again learn what our main characters learned in the first few seasons. 

I think being zombified like the Simpsons would have been a far worse fate for FiM than the relatively good-natured ending that we got. :sealed: It would have been great if they could have somehow worked the EQG cast into the Movie or into the Season 10 debut and finale episodes, but I understand why that may have still been two much content to try and work into too little time. It definetly beats all the characters getting boiled down into self-parody, which seems to be what happens with shows that stick around past their sell-by date. :yuck:

Regarding G5, I’ve enjoyed it so far but I think there’s a sad realization attached to it - it’s not 2012 anymore. The days of ponies being this world-stopping juggernaut of a trend, that’s over. The days of new members joining forums like this one in the hundreds per day, that’s unfortunately in the past (at least, for now). I think a lot of us have pony forever associated with our High School and College years, so it’s only natural that we feel that bittersweet smooch of nostalgia every time we rewatch an old episode of FiM. :scoota-sad:Modern incarnations of pony can and probably will be excellent in the future, they may even be strong enough to bring in new waves of bronies into the fandom, but they’ll never be a time machine. We’ve got to keep that in mind when we watch new versions of MLP, because judging it against FiM objectively is fine, but downgrading it because it isn’t an exact recreation of the early years of the fandom just isn’t fair. :winking-izzy:

All that aside, I think G5 is fine thus far. It’s a tad underwhelming and you’ve kind of got to turn your brain off to enjoy it. :scoots: It doesn’t have the depth of world-building that G4 had, but I’m not sure that 5 minute episodes on YouTube would be great for that no matter what the staff did. I like our characters but some of them, especially Sunny, could use some more depth. :Sunny-huh: I think if it ever found it’s footing I could really grow to love it, but unfortunately the format of the show just doesn’t lend itself to the depth that I think it would really take for me to like it as much as I liked FiM.

So I am happy to have it, because pony in general makes me happy, but I do think it falls short of FiM:awwthanks:

Edited by Attack of the Pwns

14 minutes ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

Ey not all of it is bad for example... FF7.

That's not the point. You know what I'm implying is true. Aren't you also tired of people complaining about constant, pointless remakes while longing for remakes? There is no evidence that Hasbro will be able to provide us with a quality G4 remake, especially with the current state of the entertainment industry, and...why should they go a generation back to give us one? To sell toys we're not even going to buy? 

34 minutes ago, Misty Shadow said:

That's not the point. You know what I'm implying is true. Aren't you also tired of people complaining about constant, pointless remakes while longing for remakes? There is no evidence that Hasbro will be able to provide us with a quality G4 remake, especially with the current state of the entertainment industry, and...why should they go a generation back to give us one? To sell toys we're not even going to buy? 

What im sick off is BAD remakes.

And heeeeyyyy.... I buy toys.... I actually keep them alive:cheeky-smile:

9 hours ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

What im sick off is BAD remakes.

And heeeeyyyy.... I buy toys.... I actually keep them alive:cheeky-smile:

...Still feel like you're missing the point. Some remakes we get are good and I do enjoy a few good remakes. However, like I said, that's not the point. It's the principle of how we constantly complain about bad remakes while wanting stuff that does not need to be remade to be rebooted. If you can't remake it better, why remake it at all? 

I'm sure you do. However, the brony fandom as a whole is not the demographic that buys the toys. Guardians of Harmony, a toy line meant to appeal more to our demographic, underperformed. The reason why FiM ended to begin with anyway is because sales of the toys were declining. 

2 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

Still feel like you're missing the point. Some remakes we get are good and I do enjoy a few good remakes. However, like I said, that's not the point. It's the principle of how we constantly complain about bad remakes while wanting stuff that does not need to be remade to be rebooted. If you can't remake it better, why remake it at all? 

.....i feel that what you are saying is more of an opinion though... 🤔

Yes very.
I would really like to see my favorite ponyas (Celestia, Twilight, Luna) in some kind of continuation or separate issues, maybe something from the series of "untold stories" (it would be possible to shoot this about Celestia and Luna).
And the G5 itself could be completely different if they showed the same reign of Twilight, eh.
But I still have hope that I will see them at least in the next issues of G5, nevertheless, hints in the previous series gave this.

I love them so much and love them

1 hour ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

.....i feel that what you are saying is more of an opinion though... 🤔

Well, of course I'm expressing my opinion here. Were you not expressing yours? Isn't that the whole point of this site, to express our MLP opinions? I can have my opinion, you can have yours. However, you are not providing me with facts about how anything I've said is untrue. Do we really need remakes for shows that had a good run at a time when we're oversaturated with remakes? I've explained why a G4 remake would not be a good idea from a creative standpoint. Should a company go back a generation to remake a show that likely wouldn't get many toys sold? I've explained why a G4 remake wouldn't be a good idea from a business standpoint. I don't know what more you want from me.  

I don't feel sad about that because I acknowledge that everything must end at some point. Nothing lasts forever, so enjoy it while it's still there. Nothing wrong with being sad about things that are gone, it's just something that doesn't bother me often though.

• Brohoof 1