Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever get banned for Liking MLP?

Revy ~ Two Hands

(Edit, ignore this post please)

My brother had logged in using my computer before and I didn't realize that I was still logged into his account. It was actually annoying, no matter how many I logged out and tried logging into my own account.

As I was saying though, it would seem Facepunch has a number of My Little Pony threads. I consideration is that the Mod who has banned the OP either had something against Brony fans or was perhaps only using it as an excuse.

What if... someone got banned from here for being a brony!? :o

What is someone got banned for not being a Brony, like they didn't pass the test, which consisted of answering MLP:FIM show trivia that would be amusing. The ban would be a jpeg of a scroll from Celestia and it would read 'I want you to study friendship' with a link to the episodes.

You have been banned just for that reason?..damn..it's all so...joyful?  >_>

It was nearly a year ago..this thread got necro'd hard needless to say I'm over it (^-^)/)

Wait I thought that was 4chan.

Anyway no I haven't been banned, but I'm a recent addition to the fandom. So far there has been no incidents. I joined this forum though so I could talk about pony stuff and not get the hate.

Well bronies where concieved on /co/ then later /mlp/ was formed as a containment board but I would recommend you don't ever go there...ever.

What if... someone got banned from here for being a brony!? :o

Ehhhhhh.... not very likely

And nope, I never got even a warning for liking ponies, as I've never bring them unnecesarily 

I don't even bring up My Little Pony unnecessarily at all. I know people, some of which I'm friends with, who don't like the show and I respect their opinions. So I haven't been banned for liking MLP yet.

No, they usually just make snarky remarks against my masculinity but I have never been banned for it.

If you post on any board other than /mlp/ on 4chan you'll get banned for posting anything MLP related, and if you post about anything not officially show related such as about the VA's on /mlp/ you'll get banned.

Just some random trivia for you.

No, thankfully..

Of course, the forums I do go on have Bronies of their own, and no one seems to have a problem with it.

That and I don't bring it up when it is unneeded/unrelated anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mess with 4chan because the only people I ever meet on there are the nastiest trolls who have nothing better to do than troll and cuss and try and make me mad with insults and stuff, worst people I have ever talked was on 4chan and I absolutely do not ever go there anymore.all it ever is is them trying to find something to insult and make fun of and I got sick of the constant stupidity of there "LOL GAY " AND "KILL IT WITH FIRE " quote name="Compa" post="3694857" timestamp="1429808281"]If you post on any board other than /mlp/ on 4chan you'll get banned for posting anything MLP related, and if you post about anything not officially show related such as about the VA's on /mlp/ you'll get banned.

• Brohoof 1

No, and frankly any community where liking MLP is bannable is a community I do not want to be apart of.

If you post on any board other than /mlp/ on 4chan you'll get banned for posting anything MLP related, and if you post about anything not officially show related such as about the VA's on /mlp/ you'll get banned.

Well they actually have a good reason for that tbh.. 

The brony fandom started on 4chan , and was mostly done to piss off people on the boards. Constantly spamming the characters. Cute colourful ponies and 'the magic of friendship' is kind of the exact opposite of what most people on /b/ enjoy xD 

Ended up with moot creating /mlp/ just so they'd stop pissing people off. 

(Hopefully that's mostly accurate >.<)

Also didn't know /mlp/ was against VA posting. Considering they constantly had tulpa threads and stuff last time I checked. Must really have gone downhill since I last checked it out >.<

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 1

Well they actually have a good reason for that tbh.. 

The brony fandom started on 4chan , and was mostly done to piss off people on the boards. Constantly spamming the characters. Cute colourful ponies and 'the magic of friendship' is kind of the exact opposite of what most people on /b/ enjoy xD 

Ended up with moot creating /mlp/ just so they'd stop pissing people off. 

(Hopefully that's mostly accurate >.<)

Also didn't know /mlp/ was against VA posting. Considering they constantly had tulpa threads and stuff last time I checked. Must really have gone downhill since I last checked it out >.<

Well yes /mlp/ is a containment board but it was nothing new just more extreme. If you post about anime on /tv/ people get ruffled etc. /mlp/ went downhill after the scruffening whenever that was now you can get banned for making a VA thread despite the fact that there was a tonne of CMC VA threads for months. I haven't been there in ages since half of it is NSFW and the other isn't funny or new. It was never a decent board except for the PTS that got made out of it.

I just took a beating for saying I was a brony outside of dedicated subreddits for mlp. Not banned but reddit is defiantly a place that represents the whole internet and most of the general populace is either nuetral or extremely hostile

Edited by alpinefroggy
  • Brohoof 1

I just took a beating for saying I was a brony outside of dedicated subreddits for mlp. Not banned but reddit is defiantly a place that represents the whole internet and most of the general populace is either nuetral or extremely hostile

There was an article recently showing how all of Gabe Newell's posts got massively downvoted on reddit.

Gabe fucking Newell, CEO of valve responsible for some of the biggest selling games and the most used Pc gaming platform in the Wolrd, a genius and a billionaire. If Gabe can't get a break on reddit no one can.

No. But i do believe i have heard negative comments on some bronies. Although i made one, not because i hated mlp, bronies or anything like that. Infact i haven't even seen or cared for it when i made it. But it was one brony who made fun of calling someone an animephile or something on how the word Manga was pronounced, then i clicked his youtube channel and said.

"Well atleast he doesn't watch My Little Pony" and got tons of likes. Long time ago. And btw, i assumed it was a girl show too back then.. amazing how time differs.

And also this taunt.

2:07 - 2:14

Edited by Trine

Not yet, probably because i'm not open about being a brony almost everywhere and i'm only active on 2 other forums both based on the same game series. There are some really toxic people in that community that I have seen harass other bronys so it is good not to let anyone know.

How do people get to become mods on any site that do childish things like that though?

No. But i do believe i have heard negative comments on some bronies. Although i made one, not because i hated mlp, bronies or anything like that. Infact i haven't even seen or cared for it when i made it. But it was one brony who made fun of calling someone an animephile or something on how the word Manga was pronounced, then i clicked his youtube channel and said.

"Well atleast he doesn't watch My Little Pony" and got tons of likes. Long time ago. And btw, i assumed it was a girl show too back then.. amazing how time differs.

And also this taunt.

2:07 - 2:14

We all went through that mis-understanding phase of the show due to societal conventions. Then the denial phase when we started to watch the show.

No, but than again-that could be because it's something I try to avoid other people finding out about me.

Although, I did get a lot of vitriolic comments about posting a thread about it a couple years back on deviantART.

Deviantart where furry and loli art is somehow acceptable but MLP is apparently beyond the pale despite having thousands of images on there...*facepalm*

Not yet, probably because i'm not open about being a brony almost everywhere and i'm only active on 2 other forums both based on the same game series. There are some really toxic people in that community that I have seen harass other bronys so it is good not to let anyone know.

How do people get to become mods on any site that do childish things like that though?

I'd say its better to test the waters to see if a community is gonna gang up on you for liking MLP and if so just leave. Not worth being in such an intolerant community.

As for how people like that become mods it comes down to two things, one: they do it for free so quality control can't be high and two: they become mods because they are buddies with a bunch of the old members and maybe even the admin/site staff.