Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicorn still learning, not going to change anything till the end?

Meirno

I know all of this is just speculation but I was watching this video, from the Brony Documentary; and Lauren Faust says how she was originally wanting Twilight to become Celestia's successor. This tells me she had Twilicorn planned out for a  while now. She also reveals many of the Mane 6's destinies. 

Maybe this is a nod that Twilight is permanent Twilicorn, but now she needs to learn how to be a princess. Hopefully everything can stay somewhat the same now that it's not Lauren's direct call anymore, I trust the writers to do anything way overly drastic with Twilicorn and the rest of the main 6 for a while now. There is still a ton of learning to do, it took Twilight about 2 full seasons to learn about friendship and now she has to learn about being a princess. 

Also; Celestia's successor? End of Celestia coming soon?

Le video

Also, has anyone bought the documentary yet? I'm quite interested in it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it seems as though Twilicorn is permanent, although I don't think that would mean the end of Celestia.... Hopefully.

Meghan said the finale would be part of a 3-parter, so we'll just have to wait and see in the fourth season.

On a side note, I have not bought the documentary yet.

• Brohoof 1

While it's true Lauren Faust had originally intended Twilight to takeover as Celestia's successor, she never intended Twilight to become an Alicorn (or at least not until the very end). Celestia and Luna were the only alicorns in Lauren's vision for the show, and were meant to be demi-godlike in power, and revered as such (hence why normal ponies hold them in such high regard, even going so far as to parallel the phrase "With God as my witness").

Unfortunately, since Lauren is no longer running the show, it's almost gauranteed to diverge from Lauren's original vision and follow a new path, hence why Twilight is an Alicorn. It's already been confirmed that the Season 4 opener will deal with Twilight's mixed feelings about becoming a princess (LINKITY LINK), and what will become of her and her friends, so as of right now, it's equally as likely that she will give up being a princess as it is that she will keep her position and remain an alicorn. Whichever one she chooses, we'll have to wait and see to find out.

There still hasn't been any mention of a premiere date for Season 4, but if I had to guess, I'd wager we'll see it at some point between Late August to Early November this year.

• Brohoof 2

She'll still be learning, but by experience now not books and research.

She's done being a student, but you don't stop learning about the world when you graduate high school / college.

You face the most real and dire challenges after schooling and then it's about using all the knowledge you've recquired to survive greater threats.  I think Twilight and her friends are going to face some pretty huge challenges soon.  Not things for students to handle.   Things that need leaders.