Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has your opinion on Twilicorn changed over time?

MadPointer

49 users have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on Twilicorn?

• I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.

(edited)

What, like being Princess Celestia's personal student, direct emissary in Ponyville, and general organizer of several of the town's events doesn't put her above the rest before?

First if like to personally thank you for the smart alec tone of your response

Second... No it does not put her above anyone... Not a bit actually

I am a PP fan an if she were all those things I still wouldn't want PP being an alicorn

It's about equality to me... All these huge adventures were undertaken by the mane six...

Edited by Cupcake Ice Cream
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I do think that the Alicorn upgrade was a bit too soon, but truthfully, I have loved the concept ever since it was leaked to the Internet. There are just so many different things that I love about it and over time, I have thought about the moral and episode possibilities and it only has strengthened my love for the idea. I just hope they do not throw some incredibly stupid curveball in the season 4 premiere...She is still Twilight. Hopefully Hasbro will take this opportunity to teach that to some people.

Edited by Kyoshi

What, like being Princess Celestia's personal student, direct emissary in Ponyville, and general organizer of several of the town's events doesn't put her above the rest before?

I think there's a big difference between the things you mentioned and being a princess. Celestia essentially said that Twilight is now her equal, and there are only 4 princesses in existence, and 'princess' is the highest title in Equestria so... yeah. That puts her way above the rest of the mane six, regardless of the roles they play as the elements of harmony. Even if Twilight treats all her friends and everyone around her as equals it still doesn't change the fact that they aren't.

I'll be honest, it's not my biggest  gripe about the change, but I'll be refraining from going into all caps hate rant mode until I've seen a decent portion of season 4 and can make a concrete opinion about the show. It's the waiting that's killing me! blush.png

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

My opinion only changed ever so slightly.

Before I saw the show I was aware of her transformation.

After I saw the Season 3 finale I was just plain mad.

Yup, that's pretty much it.

• Brohoof 2

I chose this one:

"I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future."

Mainly because I hated the idea of Twilight being an Alicorn, it didn't suit her at all. And doesn't now. But I still have to look on the bright side and hopes she reverts back xD

I knew Twilight was going to be a princess from the first episode when she got a crown instead of a necklace. It's obvious that was just the role she's always been preparing to take up. Also it makes a lot of sense to me, the whole idea and moral behind it. I've always thought alicorns were entrancing in this show and I'm very curious how Twi will fit into their group and the role she'll play.

I knew Twilight was going to be a princess from the first episode when she got a crown instead of a necklace. It's obvious that was just the role she's always been preparing to take up. Also it makes a lot of sense to me, the whole idea and moral behind it. I've always thought alicorns were entrancing in this show and I'm very curious how Twi will fit into their group and the role she'll play.

Yes.

When the crown came in the first episode, my knowledge of her princesshood was confirmed even further.

But it also emphasized her power. It made me want to ignore her magic so I could see her as equal to the others.

Now that she's a princess, I don't see how I can do that anymore.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't very trilled to see Twilight a princess. I mean all her friends could become jealous of her causing them to break up, or she could leave Ponyville. There is so many possibilities of what can happen in the future. 

• 4 months later...

At first I was really upset with the whole thing, and really didn't want it to happen (As a lot of bronies were) but then, as I looked into it a little more, I was pretty curious about what the writers were going to do about it. We get to see how Twilight deals with the extra stress of being a Princess, as well as giving up time with her friends. Plus we could see how she deals with being popular- there are nearly endless possibilities the writers could use, and tons of great character development could come to Twilight, and her friends. 

I didn't like it when it was first announced and I still don't like it to this day. And after I was hugely disappointed in season 3 and EQG, the writers need to pull off something miraculous for me to continue to watch the show. blush.png

Edited by Ficta_Scriptor
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly Don't give a single buck about her becoming a princess. The show needs to change its status quo from time to time, look at spongebob and the Simpsons.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, why the fuck are people bitching about Alicorn Twilight?! Its not as if they killed off the character entirely, you know!

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

I liked the idea when I first saw it. I still do I just think it wasn't pulled off well. Still, with the opening of Season 4 being pretty much a continuation of Magical Mystery Cure from what I've heard, a lot of things remain to be seen. I won't judge until the "story arch" (can't think of a better word right now) is over and we actually see how much it affects the show.

I didn't like it when it was first announced and I still don't like it to this day. And after I was hugely disappointed in season 3 and EQG, the writers need to pull off something miraculous for me to continue to watch the show. img-1991500-1-blush.png

Don't lose faith, they'll come up with something to please you. wink.png

__

I love the idea of Alicorn/Princess Twilight. I think it opens up many awesome possibilities.

at first, I was really really kinda upset...I was like..."No! They look silly on her! It's too soon! A PRINCESS??? WHY??? we're doomed!!!"

but now....in all honesty...I kinda like the idea...and I see it fitting...here's the thing which I had missed...I posted my initial reaction after 

watching the entire series for the first time...no repeat episodes, just went in order and was mystified every time. So when the scene

finally occured, I freaked out! but now having seen everything and re-watching the series...it all makes sense! 

She was being prepared from the start! Take her position in winter wrap up for instance...she didn't fit in with the regular ponies...she

had the skill of organization and command, which earned her her place at the end of the episode! At the gala, she was greeting

subjects with the princess...when she got rid of the Ursa minor, she semi-punished snips and snails, and then reacted the way

"Trollestia" would with them all getting mustaches. But I think the biggest tip off was in the first episode...the very first one...Twilight is 

is the only other pony that contains the key to using all the elements...she held the final spark that powered the others up. Only other

pony I know who can do that is Celestia herself...and of course, there were many more situations like this since then...especially in

season 3! I think 3 seasons is long enough preparation for becoming a starting rank princess...they were just subtle about it. And

that's the beauty of the show...it makes you think one way, and then at the end makes you go..."oh! That's what they meant!"

So the TLDR...I hated it at first, but now...I think they did the right thing...I trust the writers, (Especially since amy keating rogers is

returning to the show!) and I have a really good feeling about season 4...I may be wrong...but I think this will be a good thing. 

My opinion is still the same from the last time, it doesn't affect me as much because it's not like they killed Twilight Sparkle's character the writers will find ways to make her character development more adaptable her ascension does not change her personality. Instead, she will be the same old Twilight it is just that her appearance has changed.

Didn't like it then, don't like it now. I'm not bothered by the princess aspect so much as the alicorn aspect. I don't like alicorns. The show hasn't really done anything to change my mind so far. We'll see what happens in the next season, but I'll probably end up disliking the change on some level forever since I dislike the very concept of alicorns in the show.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, why the fuck are people bitching about Alicorn Twilight?! Its not as if they killed off the character entirely!

Maybe not but if they screw it up any worse than they already did in the season finale than they will have done exactly that. 

I was one of the loudest voices on here against twilicorn because I felt that it was far too soon, the introduction was handled horribly and made absolutely no sense in what was the worst episode of the entire series. My opinion has changed since then, I am still sold on it and have some lingering doubts and concerns about it but am now neutral. Even when I was opposed I wanted this thing to work and still do, I love Twilight I really do and though I can't overlook that disaster of a finale I have confidence that as long as Hasbro lets the writers do their jobs they can pull this off.

it blew my mind...i loved it from the very first second i saw it. So much potential this move has, it would be awesome to have an ep where twi and RD are flying and RD makes it a competition. That is one of many things that could happen and i never really was opposed to this change. i embrace it.

When it was first "leaked" (it was rumored by some random dude on Reddit, I think), I though for sure it was fake. It just didn't seem like they'd do something like that, and I didn't want them to. A lot of us feared she would become a Mary Sue, or an all-powerful goddess that would crush any good conflict the show had. I was one of the many haters. But then it was confirmed. And, of course, in all my fanboyism, I immediately rethought my opinions on the matter. :lol: I eventually became quite an avid supporter of Twilicorn after the S3 finale aired. The episode was good and, for all I can tell, Twilight hasn't changed in personality yet... We'll see what season 4 brings us. :)

When I first saw it, I cried. Tears of joy and just so many feels. I loved the idea of it, and just everything about Twilight being a princess. It made me so very happy. I still feel the same as I did then and still cry when I watch the finale, it's like DigiBrony said about it being like the "You bow to no one" in LOTR. It definitely makes me think of that scene and just ahhh *gush*

rarity_love_face__s3__by_karlosbaygorria

When I first saw it, I didn't really care either way and I did held a very low opinion of the people whining around about it like crazy.

Now, I absolutely adore it. Twilight looks all the more cuter with wings and she did deserve to be an alicorn after all the work she has done throughout her life. I still don't think kindly to the people still bitching about it to this day though/