Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you change favorites over time?

Invincible

I liked Twilight for the first part of S1, then FS took the top spot from then on. In fact much of the main cast got grating after a while for me and FS was the only one I was happy to see lol. Became a huge fan of Starlight too so those two carried the show for me after S5.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, my favorites haven't changed, but I do think my least favorites have. Rarity has pretty much always been my personal favorite, with Applejack as a close second. I am increasingly holding Spike in high regard the further I get into the series as well; the later seasons do him a lot more justice than the first few. I even consider him part of the Mane 6, and think the Mane 6 look a bit naked without him.

I will say that I like Rainbow Dash a bit more than I used to; I think her episodes are often worse than her character is, so to say. She has good ones, but she has had some seriously bad ones as well. I can't say the same for Fluttershy, though; I have never been her biggest fan, and I find that she is the most boring of the main cast for me. Even her good episodes don't do a whole lot for me.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Fluttershy was my first favorite for a super short time when I started to watch FiM for the first time, but it quickly changed to Pinkie and didn't change ever since. :coco:
The biggest change was probably from my favorite princess Luna to Cadance. The latter has everything I like in a good character and she was always consistent across all seasons, so it was a no brainer for me. :)

• Brohoof 2

Not really. I still like Rainbow Dash because she reminds me so much of myself. And given that I am a pathological narcissist because of deeply ingrained abandonment issues, I'm certain to like her till the day I die. I don't even have a choice in the matter. Ah, this show has led to such a deeper understanding of myself, really. I love RD all the more, now.

• Brohoof 2

I had/was forced to change favorites during the first two seasons because the Mane 6 kept changing personalities all the time.

First I just liked a pony because they looked cute. First impression thing. It happens in real life too.

Then I liked a pony because of their story/back story/plot.

Then finally I had to give up liking said pony because they were written either differently from what I thought would happen (what happened to Sweetie Belle's wonderful singing voice?), or their story was rushed (Twilight Sparkle became a princess before she had time to explore her weaknesses)

• Brohoof 1

I think I have to admit that Cadance is actually my number 1 favorite pony now. :lie: At first Luna was my favorite princess. I think I liked her for the same reasons many other fans do too, she is amazing after all. :eager: But then Cadance became my favorite princess, there is literally not a single thing to dislike about her, she only has good and positive qualities. When I think about some other favorites of mine, like Pinkie or Ditzy Doo, these are all pure and kind characters who don't even hide their feelings or emotions and just live their lives the best way they can. :kindness: But I just can't see Cadance as only my favorite princess anymore, she is just too amazing. :blush: It's probably kind of a big deal for me, since my good friends here helped me value myself more and not to see myself as a bad person. And this gets reflected by the ponies I can relate to more now. :coco:

• 9 months later...

My most fav pony of them all is Fluttershy and that has never change, so no. 

I love all ponies, though some changed their positions in the two years Im in this fandom