Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has your opinion on Twilicorn changed over time?

MadPointer

49 users have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion on Twilicorn?

• I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially liked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially was indifferent to the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, liked execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, optimistic about the future.
    • I initially disliked the Idea of Twilicorn, disappointed in execution, pessimistic about the future.

Hi there, @@Gleaming blade. Just so you're aware, your thread has been merged with an older thread discussing the same topic. 

For myself, I've always supported Twilicorn with a slight sense of caution. It could be great or it could be awful, so Season IV will be the deciding factor.

I was irritated when I discovered that the rumor had been confirmed, but decided to keep an open-mind hoping that the writers would at the very least explain what Twilight's duties would be and the impact this would have on whether or not the Mane Six would leave everyone in Ponyville behind, if the Elements would even be necessary anymore, or if they're will be any effects at all (and many, many, MANY more.)

If not, then must question whether such a change was warranted at all?

After the finale I was livid as nothing was really explained, instead time was wasted on unnecessary musical numbers such as 'What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me' which were counterproductive as they added even more question completely unrelated to the Princess/Alicorn subject of the episode.

So, I also felt like my time was wasted watching it as none of my questions since learning of the transformation have been answered as of yet and S4 E1 will probably do the same.

I initially thought like "Wow, this is just...unpleasant."

But it's changed over to now, and seeing how barely anything of Twilicorn has been seen on the show, I actually have no real thought except of being curious on what the writers would do in Season 4. 

In ways my opinion has stay the same. I love and hate her as an alicorn. Sometimes I feel like I'm wrong and sometimes I feel like she become nothing but a complete idiot. I expect the worst but hope for the best. That has been my opinions for awhile...

Nopes. img-1319499-1-sleep.png  It still feels out of place to me, as it did all along. I hoped the S3 finale could make the idea work for me but no such luck. Maybe from a writing standpoint they can do better in Season 4.

But it won't change the fact that Twilight Sparkle doesn't need wings.

Thank goodness there are still some people in this fandom who still have minds of their own. As a unicorn Twilight supporter myself, this pretty much sums up my initial thoughts on Magical Mystery Cure. I've accepted plenty of changes in this show, but this is not one of them.

Has my opinion changed? Not in the slightest. if anything, my distaste for the whole alicorn princess Twilight ordeal has only intensified with the way she was handled in Equestria Girls (which already had enough problems of its own) and the unpromising previews Season 4.

471251.jpeg

"Don't be so modest. It's everypony's dream to someday wear a crown and have their coronation ceremony preserved in stained glass for all to see." I don't know about everyone else, but that line seriously rubs me the wrong way.

Also, what's up with the Element of Magic? It looks... well, different. Let me show you all a comparison to see what I mean.

Twilight%27s_crown_S1E2.png

Main_cast_venturing_through_the_Everfree

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? They changed the design of the Element of Magic just so that it would look more like a princess' crown! Why did they do that? They ruined even more continuity for one of the stupidest reasons conceivable! What was wrong with the original design? Not girly enough? Well then let's fix that why don't we! Let's retcon more than 2 years of well-established canon just so that we can better pander to stereotypes! *Facehoofing intensifies*

• Brohoof 2

No not really, but I never really had "an opinion on Twilicorn," but rather more of an opinion of the show's writers, creators and Hasbro and their decision to make Twilight an alicorn.

Since I really haven't seen much from "new" Twilight including from the book Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell, I can't really say I have much of an opinion on Twilight, not until season 4 starts at least. Perhaps then I will have a *fair* opinion of Twilight. Until then I withhold any opinions I may have regarding her. Hasbro and co are fair game though.

• 9 years later...

All my rewatch is confirming is that Twilight peaked early on in S5 (frankly, S4 if we're being honest) and started her decline into Celestia-tier uselessness from there (Princess Spike was a pretty huge red flag and it's a shame they seemed to think that's what Twilight is always like)